Sign in to follow this  

TOURING CAR RACING

Years ago I used to play the TOCA race games on the first Xbox. Is there enough interest out there to generate the chances of a new game being created? A game with as much attention to detail as we currently enjoy with the F1.

I'd love a TOCA 4. Codemasters did a great gob with TOCA 3 (aka V8 Supercars 3 down here in Aus) and another TOCA featuring V8's would be great! :)

There's a lot of love for various types of Touring Car racing amongst the team, would be a shame to see that go to waste.

Toca 2 was my first online car game - still miss it.

I still get high listening to the menu music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrzDn_axpTk&hd=1

Touring cars may not be the most glamorous of motorsports in the world but along with Rallying I feel it is one of the best spectacles and the racing in Touring Cars is action packed.
I loved all the old Touring Games, I do wish for more to be made soon! :)

Loore said:
There's a lot of love for various types of Touring Car racing amongst the team, would be a shame to see that go to waste.
So, was that a subtle way of saying TOCA 4 is being considered? Perhaps it's one of the projects behind the super secret doors at HQ?

SynGamer said:
Loore said:
So, was that a subtle way of saying TOCA 4 is being considered? Perhaps it's one of the projects behind the super secret doors at HQ?
No, it was a way of saying we love Touring Cars :)

SynGamer said:
Loore said:
It better be.....as much for Codemasters sake as ours.  or at least back in that direction.

The hints are just soooo big. I'm gonna go out there right now and say that Codemasters are planning some kind of touring car game. :p

nostalgia is not a best thing for your brain - constant dreaming about past good times just makes you a happiness hormones' junkie, affects your judgement and prevents you from adapting to a changing world around

I'd love a TOCA 4. Codemasters did a great gob with TOCA 3 (aka V8 Supercars 3 down here in Aus) and another TOCA featuring V8's would be great! :)
As much as appear to bash the V8's, I'd love to play a TOCA with them. Actually had V8 Supercars 2 back on the PS2.

V8 Supercars 2 was pretty great. Still, I think V8 Supercars 3 was the best racing game I played on PS2. @onetwothree 

nostalgia is not a best thing for your brain - constant dreaming about past good times just makes you a happiness hormones' junkie, affects your judgement and prevents you from adapting to a changing world around
If you mean the world of 'likes', high fives', and a lot of wootin, they've tried that and its in danger of making them look like also rans.  This is why they need to take a long hard look at what made them so popular with racing fans in the first place.  Go back to their roots, as I suggested in the Grid thread.

Bathurst was the only track I couldn't win at. I always found the track really narrow in the game(s). @onetwothree 

If you mean the world of 'likes', high fives', and a lot of wootin, they've tried that and its in danger of making them look like also rans.  This is why they need to take a long hard look at what made them so popular with racing fans in the first place.  Go back to their roots, as I suggested in the Grid thread.
You been reading some of my PowerPoints Joe? Don't worry, without saying too much - we know, we've fixed it and I'm positive you'll like the direction we are going in.

I've been there a few times, it's a pretty awesome track and town. GT6 mapped the track perfectly in my opinion. @onetwothree

Also, I would have to agree with Joe, CM have made some awesome games in the past and I think studying their past and going back to their roots would only be beneficial for them. :)