Sign in to follow this  

TOURING CAR RACING

The hints are just soooo big. I'm gonna go out there right now and say that Codemasters are planning some kind of touring car game. :p
I agree.Ioved Toca 2 and 3 but I would prefer see a BTCC 2014 game tbh.

Loore said:
SynGamer said:
Loore said:
There's a lot of love for various types of Touring Car racing amongst the team, would be a shame to see that go to waste.
So, was that a subtle way of saying TOCA 4 is being considered? Perhaps it's one of the projects behind the super secret doors at HQ?
No, it was a way of saying we love Touring Cars :)
That was always going to be the answer , wasn't it....

The hints are just soooo big. I'm gonna go out there right now and say that Codemasters are planning some kind of touring car game. :p
Same here. I loved Toca 2 and 3 but I would prefer see a BTCC 2014 tbh.
Loore said:
SynGamer said:
Loore said:
There's a lot of love for various types of Touring Car racing amongst the team, would be a shame to see that go to waste.
So, was that a subtle way of saying TOCA 4 is being considered? Perhaps it's one of the projects behind the super secret doors at HQ?
No, it was a way of saying we love Touring Cars :)
That was always going to be the answer , wasn't it......

Loore said:
nostalgia is not a best thing for your brain - constant dreaming about past good times just makes you a happiness hormones' junkie, affects your judgement and prevents you from adapting to a changing world around
If you mean the world of 'likes', high fives', and a lot of wootin, they've tried that and its in danger of making them look like also rans.  This is why they need to take a long hard look at what made them so popular with racing fans in the first place.  Go back to their roots, as I suggested in the Grid thread.
You been reading some of my PowerPoints Joe? Don't worry, without saying too much - we know, we've fixed it and I'm positive you'll like the direction we are going in.
No, but grumpy and fussy does sound a lot like me :)

Loore said:
nostalgia is not a best thing for your brain - constant dreaming about past good times just makes you a happiness hormones' junkie, affects your judgement and prevents you from adapting to a changing world around
If you mean the world of 'likes', high fives', and a lot of wootin, they've tried that and its in danger of making them look like also rans.  This is why they need to take a long hard look at what made them so popular with racing fans in the first place.  Go back to their roots, as I suggested in the Grid thread.
You been reading some of my PowerPoints Joe? Don't worry, without saying too much - we know, we've fixed it and I'm positive you'll like the direction we are going in.
I became a fan of Codemasters with GRID 1 with the bumper to bumper racing we had online with touring cars and the great fun of derby figure 8 racing with the Jupiter. Then Codemasters goes on a bad streak of making bad decisions, using GFWL, DIRT Showdown was a fail and Codemasters ruin online with GRID 2 after we waited 5 years for another great GRID!!!!

Codemasters is in the doghouse with me. They will have to find a way to win a lot fans back. And closing down the Codemasters forum for second time and losing all that history has not sat well with the fan base. :( Will this new forum have longevity this time?

About the new forum, how come there no preview option before you post a new post, so you can check to see if your post look OK, you got the code right?

Good to see you here again Purple (and other familiar names)

Hoping Codemasters is going to officially announce something soon.  Once the talk of what we want from future games and given our feedback about the new forum, there's not really anything else to talk about.  So the site becomes in danger of flat lining.

if only grid 2 would let me use my raing rigs then id be happy to play time trials with touing cars and have mates play tag team battles,as it is i just vet embarrassed when people ask"hey,what about that grid2 game that youve raved ln about for years?"

@Purple44

I don't find that GRID 2 is bad. It's just the handling what makes the game bad. The graphic looks beautiful. The cars and tracks are also very good! I think no other racing game makes the game so dynamic with the tracks and the cars. It's also a lot of action in there what makes the game real fun. Only the handling as I said and a few bugs make the game not so good as we thought^^

test
SVENOS said:
@Purple44

I don't find that GRID 2 is bad. It's just the handling what makes the game bad. The graphic looks beautiful. The cars and tracks are also very good! I think no other racing game makes the game so dynamic with the tracks and the cars. It's also a lot of action in there what makes the game real fun. Only the handling as I said and a few bugs make the game not so good as we thought^^
Codemasters deliver on the eye candy again, but eye candy does not give you longevity online. Codemasters got things pretty much right online with PC GRID 1 after v1.2 patch ( but still had to fix ebay car issue with v1.3 patch ), then Codemasters turn around and gets way to many things wrong with GRID 2 online, that no patch could fix and GRID 1 online players are wondering who the hick was making these bad online decisions for Codemasters?

PC GRID 1 online was strong for 3 years then the online servers got turn off! GRRRR  PC GRID 2 online by the end of the summer, the writing on the wall was saying GRID 2 online was going to have a short life. :(

I'm now still waiting for a new racing game to give me bumper to bumper touring car racing like we had in GRID 1 for 3 years. I been able to still get some fun GRID 2 derby racing in with a good bunch of euro guys online ( lobby stays pack with 12 players :) ). Except when Codemasters tried fixing players from cheating one the derby tracks big time ( fix work ), but then Codemasters screwed up the checkpoints on the other track, so now online, about half the time I race on this derby track, one my laps don't count and has cost me a few 1st place finishes. When derby racing, I'm lucky to win a race or two in a 3 hour session and then have game rob me of a win! :o GRRRR

OK I step off the soap box and head back over to Bugbear forum and check out the new news of Bugbear new derby\ racing game. I think Bugbear may deliver the best, fun racing game for 2014. And I'm making sure Bugbear does a good job with the online part, like they did with Flatout 2 and 6 years of online racing until the GameSpy servers got turn off. Bugbear has already confirm we will have text chat in the lobby and inside the race\derby. :)

http://nextcargame.com/

Multiplayer Do's and Don'ts.  << This is a link, does not show up as a link after I posted this post, look like plan text. :(

I agree with the demolition derby problem. Sure I can understand you. We all miss GRID 1's bumper to bumper racing. The only game what has that is GT6. I think PC has a lot of racing games where you can racing bumper to bumper but on PS3 you need to have luck to get such a great game as GRID 1 was... but GRID 2 makes fun^^

yup, bring back Touring car racing games! loved toca race driver 3, V8 supercars where fantastic! i would love to see a new toca game with the gt3 class and such, and of course the great Nurburgring!

SVENOS said:
I agree with the demolition derby problem. Sure I can understand you. We all miss GRID 1's bumper to bumper racing. The only game what has that is GT6. I think PC has a lot of racing games where you can racing bumper to bumper but on PS3 you need to have luck to get such a great game as GRID 1 was... but GRID 2 makes fun^^

I'm a PC player and I don't know of any PC racing game that not a sim, that has a strong online right now and can give you bumper to bumper racing like we saw with GRID 1 touring car racing. Can you tell me the PC racing game you are thinking of?

GRID 1 with all assists off is the most sim I want my racing games to be. I'm not into having to figure out the right set up for a car, worrying about wearing out my tires and dealing with pit stops ( like F1 ). A 5 lap race is long enough race for me unless it on the short GRID derby figure 8 tracks, then need 8 laps.

This is somewhat true. On the other hand, I still play TOCA 3 on my Mac and my PS2 today, and there’s no doubt it stands up better than *cough*some recent efforts*cough* as an incredibly diverse, engaging, challenging and fun driving game. Heck, in terms of actual on-disk content, it’s arguably better than the likes of Forza 5.

I'm all in favour of touring cars heavily featuring in the next game! As long as reproduced with authenticity in mind (not ultimate simulation!) they're bound to provide close and fun racing.

Hints are very strong that touring cars are back and will be centre of attention.

I'm sure this was posted before, but if one's looking for a hint this one is strong:

https://twitter.com/AlexTench/status/446010316544294912

Andrew Jordan getting stuff from Codies? :)

https://twitter.com/AndrewJordan77/status/451264024974721025

With Colin McRae Rally the first racing games I played at the PlayStation 1 :D

Use to drive with Peter Kox :)

We had Andrew Jordan pay us a visit, same as Matt Neal. Read into that what you will....

Loore said:
We had Andrew Jordan pay us a visit, same as Matt Neal. Read into that what you will....
And you're filming them for your own promotional purposes...

It doesn't take much bravery to conclude that BTCC will be in the next game :)

would love another BTCC TOCA aswell as V8s added to the mix etc. 

This from Loore  (about GRID A):

>
As a FYI some of the cars confirmed so far:
  • WTCC Chevrolet Cruze 
  • WTCC BMW 320 TC 
  • BTCC Ford Focus ST 
  • Dallara F312 
  • Audi RS5 Coupe 
  • Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 
  • BMW M3 E92
<

I'm pretty ignorant of Touring Car parameters.  Is the E92 considered a Touring Car, or must it have a TC designation, like the 320 and Focus?

Frank

Maybe modding is allowed?
It could be the only way to get all the TOCA tracks (and cars) back..
Hoping for them all to be in it though!

Got my fingers crossed for some decent Touring Car content in Autosport (and any fortthcoming titles), early signs certainly look promising!

I would give out my left rear real car tyre to drive that good ol' Silverstone track of TOCA 2s again anytime :)