DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

How long until Clubs are fixed

Posted (edited)

Hello Codies - whats wrong with clubs this weekend? i cant login and setup the championships! can you please fix it?

@PJTierney

Edited by CCR CABADAJ

They can't make money on clubs, so don't expect a fix anytime soon. They just don't give a ****!

Same here, can't access the clubs and several events expire today. This kind of breaks the point of competing in club championships :classic_happy:

7 minutes ago, SoBoog said:

They can't make money on clubs, so don't expect a fix anytime soon. They just don't give a ****!

I want to do some club stuff too, but its not the end of the world for them to be down for a day. @PJTierney cant just drop messages on every single issues that crops up, he needs to find out what is going on himself first. On a Sunday afternoon, I am guessing that takes much longer than on a weekday.

Are Clubs still down?

I just had a check on Steam and can connect no problem.

Why can't you just fix the servers once and for all? Codemasters got to have to worst and most unreliable servers ever. It's down again !!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Are Clubs still down?

I just had a check on Steam and can connect no problem.

Clubs on website is down 😞 404

Edited by JorritVD

yup. 404 in browser. Failed to download racenet error in game. Corona better not be responsible for this!! i can't take any more inconveniences by that damn thing!!!

Clubs are down for several hours now. I'm sure they were working when @PJTierney checked as they did work for me as well, but unfortunately they went down very soon after that. At least my events aren't closing soon :) 

Nothing short of pathetic. Had two league events expiring. Both season finales where I have put a lot of effort into custom points spreadsheets and rally reports. Drivers championship on the line. Manufacturers championship on the line. Down to the wire after twelve rallies. And Clubs down all weekend. I managed to do one of the rallies late this morning (Argentine time) . Took a break, came back, and Clubs are down again. Championship decided by RaceNet failure. 

This is absolutely pathetic. Goodbye, CodeRemasters. I will never purchase another product from you again. And the only reason I will not delete DiRT Rally 2.0 right now is so I can show my 370 YouTube subscribers how the new McRae DLC looks to be shaping up as a DiRT 4 Your Stage rehash, and remind them how bad the FFB is and how unreliable your infrastructure is. Yeah, it's only 370 people. I'm a small fish. But it's worth it. If I can stop one future sale I will be happy. This company is pathetic.

Thanks for ruining an entire organized championship. 

20200317_021559.jpg.491025e4e7ca7a5fe3a43d28d417c61c.jpg

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pfei said:

Nothing short of pathetic. Had two league events expiring. Both season finales where I have put a lot of effort into custom points spreadsheets and rally reports. Drivers championship on the line. Manufacturers championship on the line. Down to the wire after twelve rallies. And Clubs down all weekend. I managed to do one of the rallies late this morning (Argentine time) . Took a break, came back, and Clubs are down again. Championship decided by RaceNet failure. 

This is absolutely pathetic. Goodbye, CodeRemasters. I will never purchase another product from you again. And the only reason I will not delete DiRT Rally 2.0 right now is so I can show my 370 YouTube subscribers how the new McRae DLC looks to be shaping up as a DiRT 4 Your Stage rehash, and remind them how bad the FFB is and how unreliable your infrastructure is. Yeah, it's only 370 people. I'm a small fish. But it's worth it. If I can stop one future sale I will be happy. This company is pathetic.

Thanks for ruining an entire organized championship. 

20200317_021559.jpg.491025e4e7ca7a5fe3a43d28d417c61c.jpg

Its just a game. Its annoying when stuff like this goes down, but you know what? Tech doesn't work perfectly 24/7. No matter how much you might want it or expect it too. It just doesnt work like that and we all know it.

I get it, you are frustrated because your league wasnt able to finish properly. Ive had to miss out on clubs too because of this outage.

We have no idea why racenet has gone down so much over the past 2 days. Could be a minor issue, could be a major hardware issue. Could even be as simpleas an influx of racenet connections overloading things, considering more and more people will currently be staying at home as much as possible, given the current public health issue. And on the thread of thought, we have no idea what actions codemasters has taken to minimize the impact to their staff either.

So while i understand your annoyance and frustration over the current racenet issues, i think you also need to take a step back and chill. This is just a video game after all!

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, aszym95 said:

Clubs are down for several hours now. I'm sure they were working when @PJTierney checked as they did work for me as well, but unfortunately they went down very soon after that. At least my events aren't closing soon 🙂

Yup, looks like they went down again last night.

The relevant people are aware.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Yup, looks like they went down again last night.

The relevant people are aware.

It was working over the day, but since a few minutes it is down again.

Hello, another feedback maybe ? 

Iv'e experimented the case when club's are apparently OK but, big "but" randomly my time (and some other people) was not uploaded (?) on the club servers and i'm marked retired from the stage (not the rally..). That's very annoying, even more on big organized championships.. 400  engaged with a lot of training time spent to be competitive..

This problem is usual since months, on weekend mostly, that seem to be a scalability issue ?

Can u be more transparent on these issue and on what and when we except a fix ? Without that randomly participate to any serious leagues risk to be useless and demotivating.

Thank u codie team !

club issue.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

It was working over the day, but since a few minutes it is down again.

Seems intermittent.

I know the right people are aware though so hopefully sorted soon 🙂 

• Agree 3

Grrrrr, I want to do the Official Club event, but everytime it’s down. Now it looks like I can’t do the last event ☹️

@PJTierney could you maybe give a heads up to the team?

I think the servers are overloaded, many are home because of the corona Virus, and running Dirt .The capacity of the servers of the CD is too poor.

This is simply not good enough Codies.  Yet again, just when we think you're on track, we all have a wake up call and realise - no.  No you're not on track are you.

This failure is damaging Codemasters reputation now. Almost everyone in my club has messaged me to say they can’t get on now. Because it’s been failing during prime time since Sunday. Fortunately our rally is open until Monday. But for many others this failure will have shaped their results.