Punishment vs rewards

Cheaters aren’t winners. Neither are those who indulge in unfair behavior on the track. So far they’ve gotten away with it because the game allowed it. The current update where we are allowed to call out unfair drivers is a great step toward managing this nuisance. And I hope the game has algorithms to figure out who cheats and yet calls out an unfair player (eg if you’re always reporting against players...that can’t be true. Similarly, if more players are reporting you...where there’s smoke, there’s fire). I am assuming there is. 

But there’s also another way to promote fair play. By adding the option to applaud a fair player/good driver. Someone who has won fair and square while they have out-driven you. I just came off such a race and was beaten - and the driver who beat me drove wonderfully. Kind of made me want to go shake his/her hand. So I thought why not get some bonus points by virtue of your opponent calling out your driving skills. Gives me the option to high five or shake hands with my opponent. Which adds to their bonus points. Punishing bad behavior and rewarding good behavior working in tandem. Something to consider, Codemasters? Thoughts from others? 

• Agree 2

Wow I thought this about half an hour ago too 😂 

Great idea. A +5 cup points would be nice 👍🏻 

Another idea would be to take away the the box on the steering wheel which shows you how far behind your opponent is and which side they're trying to overtake, this would stop people forcing you off the track when you're overtaking them.  

@G1bby - good idea and as long as the side view mirrors work properly, it’s a matter of driver skill. Those who play the top view as opposed to the driver’s POV can see the opponent’s car anyway, but it’s a start. 

One note to make,

Codemasters should display our personal results for both good and bad behaviour, so we have an idea how we did.

How do we know if anybody is punished and what is the punishment? I have reported 30+ people both for Unfair Behaviour and for Cheating (for me cheating is when driver goes around track on and off w/o penalty, acccelerates crazy w/o physics....)

I don't know, but am assuming they are. I am also sure Codemasters is constantly looking at market research to assess what is most/least attractive to players, ratio of players in relation to time spent playing, money spent on the game : those who want fair play vs those who enjoy the rougher style of driving and crashing into others. Truth is, it will boil down to money. Or profits, to be more precise. If Codemasters is seeing more new players joining the game because they like the unfair/rough driving style and they are the very players who spend more money buying CRs, skins etc compared to the rest of us who prefer fair play...then Codemasters will continue to keep the game rough while giving us (those in favor of fair play) the illusion that they are doing something about it. Money rules, as always.