Sign in to follow this  

What Did You All Think About #NotTheAusGP ?

Well obviously it was very humiliating that Two F1 drivers had their games crash 😉
Luckily it is a very good game that has had a lot of stability patches that fixes these issues... and gets supported longer than ever!!!!!!

COME ON CODEMASTERS! this was an absolute abysmal display and a very good example of what league racers/organizers have to deal with on a regular basis.

I hope having 60.000 people see Lando's game crash live on stream is as embarrassing for you as it should be.. and maybe gets you to finally do something about it? 
And it's not like he was playing for hours and eventually, it crashed one time. 
The man starts the game and it crashes. requiring a lobby restart.. 

So quick questions from me to @BarryBL

1. Do you agree that this is quite embarrassing or do you feel we have to accept the game can behave this way? 
2. If you agree that this is quite embarrassing, what efforts will be made/are being made to fix these issues? 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Thought it was fantastic! The racing was really good fun to watch spent my time hopping between TRL Limitless, Jimmer and Lando. They had one hiccup at the start but tbh think that’s expected with any sort of event really especially seein as lando can’t even update his pc properly haha 

Wasn't really interested in it due to it being on a the game it was. Apparently the official broadcast was horrible, and most people seemed to enjoy the event because they were watching someone they like, such as Broadbent or Norris.

I liked the Formula ISI race event made by The Race though, but that's obvious given my background 😁

3 hours ago, RyxProductions said:

Did you watch it, and what did you think?

I was going to, until I realised it also included a bunch of the usual YouTube clowns rather than just actual racing drivers.

4 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Well obviously it was very humiliating that Two F1 drivers had their games crash 😉
Luckily it is a very good game that has had a lot of stability patches that fixes these issues... and gets supported longer than ever!!!!!!

COME ON CODEMASTERS! this was an absolute abysmal display and a very good example of what league racers/organizers have to deal with on a regular basis.

I hope having 60.000 people see Lando's game crash live on stream is as embarrassing for you as it should be.. and maybe gets you to finally do something about it? 
And it's not like he was playing for hours and eventually, it crashed one time. 
The man starts the game and it crashes. requiring a lobby restart.. 

So quick questions from me to @BarryBL

1. Do you agree that this is quite embarrassing or do you feel we have to accept the game can behave this way? 
2. If you agree that this is quite embarrassing, what efforts will be made/are being made to fix these issues? 

I don't think it will make a difference. But the game is Esports ready, if not suitable for common plebs to use it over the internets.

Also, terrible lag before the crash.

Bravo for Veloce Esports to even consider putting it on and to pull in the people they did. Even if some weren't happy at the level of RL drivers taking part.

It was a fantastic event!but,I felt I needed a real sim game.

The Race All-Star esports Battle using rFactor 2 has many professional drivers.
The reason is obvious.

Will the F1 game that the code master is aiming for continue to be an arcade game?

7 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

I was going to, until I realised it also included a bunch of the usual YouTube clowns rather than just actual racing drivers.

I think I saw you on the reddit side getting downvoted for this 😁

IMO the game has many realism options to get it away from its bad arcade publicity. Courtois, Norris and others let the game a massive views and that was a perfect moment to show the rest of the world the potential of the game. The event didnt like me for some issues related to the arcade point of view of the lobby:

- Connections failures. Everybody could saw them and in a event like this it inst good for the Codemaster's reputation. Every league suffer that kind of problems and that should be fixed for healthy leagues.

- Relaxed cutting corners. You could see Lando Norris cutting every time the 11-12 (Waite) chicane without a penalty (at the end 3s was not so hard).

- T-cam. For an event like this, drivers should use cockpit cam compulsory, it is the most real cam of the game. The game should have the option to fix the cam used by all the drivers.

- Automatic ERS. Why??? I like to see the management of the ERS for the drivers.

- Relaxed collisions. Again why? I like to see consequences in a race if you don't do a clean overtake. Even you could crash and finish your race if you overdrive. 

Last but not least, I prefer a 100% length of the races, but I know that 50% of it its better for the rest of the world so for that point it was perfect. In addition, the fixed configuration gives the race equality and close fighting. Good points both for me.

To sump up I would like to see a race like in the real life, in where the best simracers compete.

It was entertaining. I guess next time they will have their stream issues fixed.

I very much enjoyed watching both of the races, I thought they were very entertaining! 
The iRacing stuff looked way more professional and kind of cooler than the F1 2019 stuff though, which shows that Codies still have some work to do in order to make their games truly eSports-ready.

2 hours ago, LSKone said:

The iRacing stuff looked way more professional and kind of cooler than the F1 2019 stuff though,

👀 ...Where's the iRacing stuff? The 12 hours of Sebring?

3 hours ago, UP100 said:

👀 ...Where's the iRacing stuff? The 12 hours of Sebring?

Aww sorry I think I wanted to write rFactor2 😂

I don't play any of those so I mix them up!

• Haha 1

For me, it was quite entertaining to watch.

• Auto ERS/Fixed Setups was a good equalizer, because with Manual ERS pro eSports drivers would've dominated even more.
  • Full Damage and Regular Corner Cutting is also easily explainable - some people were racing for the first time on the game. For the Bahrain race, I hope they will up the Corner Cutting to at least Strict.
  • Driving camera selection - once again, event was for fun, so I don't mind people using whatever they want. Until Codemasters implement Forced Camera option, of course.

Considering this even was made for fun, this was quite entertaining to watch - also it gave us some good battles.

Now, regarding The Race event, it was also good, however there were a few problems:

• Driving level was, well, quite dirty. Many Collisions, and also damage level was low. Maybe even too low.
  • All races were way too short. 8/12 laps in Nurburgring (GP layout) is not enough IMO.
  • While rFactor 2 is a very decent sim, it still lacks in some departments.
  • And overall, I didn't understand if the event tried to take itself seriously, or it was just for fun. Seems like some drivers were there just to have fun, however some took it very seriously (and not to mention the commentary team was, what I would consider, professional).

Still, looking forward to both #NotTheBahGP and "The Race, Event 2" this weekend.

Posted (edited)

I watched the rFactor official broadcast. I think it was pretty cool, although there were some problems. One thing I couldn't understand was the separation of commentators and the "director". The commentators would be talking about one thing while the video was about something else entirely. Sure, not so far from real broadcasts.. At least they weren't showing the crowd during overtakes.

The F1 2019 race I watched afterwards from Lando's point of view. I thought Auto ERS was terrific and personally would love it to be that way in general. As Lando for example has said, the manual ERS system is ridiculous and unrealistic. I enjoyed the banter and the not-so-serious mentality of the F1 2019 event.

Edited by janbonator
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, janbonator said:

One thing I couldn't understand was the separation of commentators and the "director". The commentators would be talking about one thing while the video was about something else entirely. Sure, not so far from real broadcasts.. At least they weren't showing the crowd during overtakes.

This is due to there being no simple way for the commentators to see what the director shows. The commentators would just (most likely) join from their homes and spectate the race, while the director has the beast PC in which he can turn every setting to maximum and stream it at high quality.

I believe they've looked into this after the event. F1 2019 has it easy as there can be a max of 2 spectators.

4 minutes ago, UP100 said:

This is due to there being no simple way for the commentators to see what the director shows. The commentators would just (most likely) join from their homes and spectate the race, while the director has the beast PC in which he can turn every setting to maximum and stream it at high quality.

I believe they've looked into this after the event. F1 2019 has it easy as there can be a max of 2 spectators.

Okay, it's good to know they're trying to come up with something. I have some experience on this as I've commentated a game for live TV. That particular game had 0 spectator slots. I believe the way we did it was that the game was streamed to the commentator pair (we were on set at the event) and the feed was then streamed onwards with our commentating on it.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:37 PM, SergeyKulish said:

Are there any new featured events coming up? I'm kind of want to get this achievement. :classic_smile:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-launches-virtual-grand-prix-series-to-replace-postponed-races.1znLAbPzBbCQPj1IDMeiOi.html

this should be fun. If this is esports ready, we'll see this sunday. I'm guessing that we'll see massive lag, and disconnects looking at how horrible the online connection part of this game is.

• Like 1

Traction control, anti-lock brakes, reduced vehicle damage.. Yeah. Why not just race Mario Kart?

I like Norris as a character, a personality. He's a asset to the f1 paddock, but omg does he need to scream so much?🤣

On 3/20/2020 at 5:02 PM, AlexTT said:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-launches-virtual-grand-prix-series-to-replace-postponed-races.1znLAbPzBbCQPj1IDMeiOi.html

this should be fun. If this is esports ready, we'll see this sunday. I'm guessing that we'll see massive lag, and disconnects looking at how horrible the online connection part of this game is.

I hope it'll be a featured event not just a weekly/regular GP.