Sign in to follow this  

AI simulated times

Hi all,

I am in my third season now, just moved to Ferrari which have the worst car in the grid according F&E table, that is why I recognized the following as I nearly never make it to Q3

Toro Rosso are the new super heroes in my season, they are 1 sec faster than the rest nearly in Q1 & Q2 - as I never reached Q3 so far it gets simulated. Even in practice they are faster with Mediums or Hards than everyone else on Soft

So when I see the final grid, suddenly the Toro Rosso are in place 8 - 10 with over 1 sec slower than before, everyone is nearly 1 sec slower than before.

Are the simulated times treated differently ? I would get a Pole Position every time when they would drive those times which are simulated.

In the race then, even when Toro Rosso starts at 8, normally they also win the race, so in the race the actual F&E is active again.

So something must be wrong with simulated AI times right? Was this a topic already?

From what I have seen in my career, if you dont make Q3 the simulated session ends up being as if the cars are reset to their starting level.

So even the times shown are back to the base season 1 starting times (I think in Singapore (i never make Q3 there)  in my season 7 so cars are almost fully upgraded) for example the pole time simulated was 1m40 but in the race the fastest lap was 1m36.

This means I have had a lot of poles for Mercedes but they drop down the pack as as some points in career they had the second worst car. 

It is a shame that simulated qualifying session dont reflect the current R&D - it seems like an overlooked thing in the game that they havent really fixed.

that makes absolutely sense then how you describe it, haha what a silly bug that is.

I have the same with Mercedes, normally Vettel (he is with Mercedes in my season) gets always the pole, but don`t even finish on the podium.

This seems to be a legacy bug of the past several titles of the F1 game from watching youtubers.  Really would like to see this fixed!