[Stadia][keyboard] Key losing function

I have the same issue, and I managed to capture a clip with this issue.

If you go to controls, you can clearly see that the broken key is misbehaving, and the turn right signal is received only for a few milliseconds.

• Sad 1

On 4/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, jush002 said:

Same situation than others. After a few rounds one of the steering keys stops working. I need to re-bind it to some other key. Even if I re-bind it again to the same key it just doesn't work.

Unacceptable for multiplayer 😫 Even if this works for single player, sometimes new key stops working almost instantly again.

The worst timing for a bug to happen ever, with this quarantine and trying to play some games 😞

On 4/1/2020 at 1:22 PM, CM_Charlotte said:

Hi @gekkoX, I'm the wonderful person who's been tasked on this bug for you! 🙂

I've actually been trying to Reproduce this on the Keyboard too and had no luck so far.. so was wondering if you could give me some more details to narrow down this issue for you.

Have you noticed if there is a specific Cam/Track/Car this triggers on more so than others? 

Are you also mainly using an Ethernet Cable or Wireless where this occurs? & last question, you mentioned there is a certain key order where you end up recovering functionality, is there a particular key you've noticed that incurs the loss of functionality? 

@lucasmaj, @briznad, if you could input any information too after your posts on the questions above, that'd be great.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Yesterday I tried the keyboard again and I have to say it got worse. All the tweaks I described before to solve the issue do not work any more for me anymore. Noe it is like many others here in the thread described - I have to remap the keys and after 2 or 5 minutes it will happen again. At the moment the game is absolutely unplayable with keyboard 😥😷 

Plus 4 here. I've been playing with friends on multiplayer and they all have this issue at some point in the race. I have a controller and this never happens, but I tried using the keyboard to see if this happens to me as well, and within 2-3 minutes it started happening. I tried to notice what's the pattern but I couldn't. I thought it was after crushing on other cars in the race, but as the video from @MattZrh shows, that's not the case. Remapping the keys works for a while until it breaks again for the new keys.

I checked the network stats to see if lost packets are causing this, but i've noticed that this happens even when no packets are lost.

We cannot play anymore because of this... waiting for a fix ASAP.

I just played the 3 intro races and two full races. First couple of times it was my 'steer right key' that went unresponsive - out of the blue! last two times it was my speeder key. So annoying! Ruined my experince with the game and also my patience.

Also tried binding the keys to numpad, but it kept occuring.

• Sad 1

This happens to me as well, and I might add that it doesn't matter how powerful the computer it, I wsa playing grid (stadia) on an i5 9th gen. and it still failed after 30 sec. 

• Sad 1

Same problem here, very annoying. It seemed to be going better after I started to use a wired (more stable) internet-connection, but this evening it happens every race. While my connection is more than fine.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, CMTGK said:

I'm pleased to confirm that the dev team have discovered the problem and this will be fixed alongside the release of Season 3 on Stadia (which will be within the next two weeks). I will update this thread once the fix has been issued 🙂

Really glad to hear. It was really impossible to play.

On 4/23/2020 at 1:22 PM, CMTGK said:

I'm pleased to confirm that the dev team have discovered the problem and this will be fixed alongside the release of Season 3 on Stadia (which will be within the next two weeks). I will update this thread once the fix has been issued 🙂

Thanks a lot to you and the dev team!

Just wondering when the update will come... I can't play the game anymore, none of the controls work ever...

The same exact problem is now happening with F1 2020 on Stadia, which makes the game pretty much unplayable because every 3/4 minutes one of the keys loses its function 😞

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 8:19 PM, thebask said:

The same exact problem is now happening with F1 2020 on Stadia, which makes the game pretty much unplayable because every 3/4 minutes one of the keys loses its function 😞

yes lets hope they can do something for F1 2020 too, I posted on the F12020 forum here: