Sign in to follow this  

Current lap time in hot lap?

Hi everyone. 

First of all let me tell you: I enjoy this game a lot! 

Question: when you do hot laps, after theap you get the screen saying: slower lap than "your best lap time". 

But it doesn't show you what time you actually made. 

Am I missing something here? 

Regards

Kamil

Hey @orzeszek1983! I'm not quite sure what you mean. The lap you complete in the Hot Lap shows on the standings screen after the lap is completed. Your best lap will show on the leaderboards.

Hi there

Thanks for the answer.

I will check it this evening. I was under the impression that when I do a hot lap in the carreer mode:

1. If the time was slower than my previous hot lap I get first a screen saying only that my lap was slower than my fastest lap. - no actual time  - only my fastest of all.

2. leaderboard screen after the one I just described above shows again my fastest hot lap not the "current" or latest" I just did. This kind of makes sense since my overall fastest lap is the ne that gives me grid position in the race.

my issue is that I have no idea how far I was behind my fastest lap if it`s slower then the fastest which is extremaly useflu information if you are trying to find a better racing line for instance and you are experimentintig.

In my opinion te initial screen after the hot lap should show you your best time which is used for your position on the grid and the time you actually made on the lap you just did (if they are different from eachother).

Currently information on that initial screen is a little bit pointless in my opinion. It can`t be that hard to display:

Your hot lap best time is: 1 min 50 sec which gives you 9th position on the grid

Your current lap time was slower at 1 min 52 sec

If I missed something apologies for initiating this thread in the first place!

Regards

Kamil

Hey @orzeszek1983

I think I'm beginning to understand what you mean. You're performing multiple hot laps before selecting 'Start Race' by the sounds of things. I understand what you're saying - if let's say the second lap is slower than the first, it should show you how much slower that lap was, rather than just 'your other lap was faster'.

I'll be honest, given the load that our team have on fixing more critical bugs, it's unlikely they will be able to allocate much time in looking at this. Regardless, I will feed this back and see what they say.

It's worth pointing out that if you do 'time attack' in the Freeplay mode, it does state how much slower/faster you are than your previous lap. I know this isn't what you're after but if you're looking to shave tenths of your time, this could be a good way of doing so 🙂 

• Agree 1

how many more "critical bugs" are there ??? I haven't noticed any.
this game needs content not bug fixing..

• Agree 1

Thank you for your feedback. 

And yes you understood me correctly. I know its a hot lap. But it would be good to see comparison to your best lap just saying ;) 

I got a response from the development team today about this. The current design (where t just shows that your previous lap is quicker) was intentional and sadly won't be changed. As with all suggestions like this though, they are looked to be incorporated for future titles so thank you for your feedback as always 🙂