DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Formula 1 Johnnie Walker Monaco Grand Prix

If I was Lewis, I would have parked the car, thrown the steering wheel out and gone home. 
That's what I thought he was gonna do when he parked up before the tunnel. Only trouble is he'd have been in breach of the podium rules or something and he'd have faced either a penalty or a fine I'd guess. If he'd been in 4th though then I wouldn't have blamed him for parking up and going home.

Hughesy said:
Juice29 said:
Man I want Seb and Lewis in the same team
So do I so much, they'd be the strongest team in history IMO. Can Lewis cancel the contract and move to Ferrari? :joy: 
Quite a statement. But yeah, idk why but Seb and Lewis seem to get on so well this year. That interview they did in Bahrain it seemed like they had been mates for years. I guess in previous seasons they've been arch rivals, and now Lewis is more contending with Nico last year and this year. But yeah, Seb and Lewis in the same team is something that I think every fan would like to see before both their careers end. 

On today, Lewis got screwed, but I was so happy to see how well he handled himself. He's come a long way from the 2011 Monco style Lewis. I only wish some of his fans (not on here, on Twitter) could behave in a similar fashion. I can't really imagine it's a full glass victory for Rosberg considering how he was dominated today. But, somehow after the first 6 rounds, the gap is now 10 points in the standings. Seems unreal considering the general gulf in performance. 

FFS. If Rosberg wins this it'll be completely undeserved.
Got to agree with that someone's going find a boot up their bum this evening that was a howler of an error

Funny how everyone is talking about making F1 more exciting then this happens *X-files theme tune*

Well, I can't tell you how annoyed I am. Not at the fact Nico won as he didn't do anything wrong, but the fact Mercedes completely f***ed it up for Lewis. He drove impeccably all race, the perfect race, built up a big gap, and then Mercedes make that decision and take it away.

Yes there may have been a big enough gap at first, but when he got stuck behind the Safety Car at the end it was surely obvious he was gonna lose 5 or 6 seconds?! Calculations on a computer but you can't beat a good ole' glance on the track.

Ridiculous, I'd be livid if I was Lewis. I'm sure he is but he's doing a damn good job of controlling it.

I'll probably link my tweets from the race in a post later, as that describes what I felt quite well.

Can't blame Rosberg, time to move on and look towards the next race.
I do agree that Rosberg is completely blameless, but it's nice to think about him being punched in the face ;) 

Hughesy said:
Tell you what though, Lewis has really matured this year, if I was him I'd be punching everyone in sight. :rage: 
I'd be mad in his place too right now If Ferrari lookef like they were then you could understand it but they never moved they had pretty much conceded the race was lost. As I said above someone is going to get a royal telling off at best a boot up the bum most likely for a mistake like that.

I don't want Rosberg to win but you cannot say he was wrong to celebrate his win. He did nothing wrong at all, he was there to pick up the lead when Merc got it wrong for Lewis.

I was convinced when Lewis pulled over at Portier that he was outta there, Senna style. He probably lives quite nearby. I definitely would have done exactly that in his position.

I don't want Rosberg to win but you cannot say he was wrong to celebrate his win. He did nothing wrong at all, he was there to pick up the lead when Merc got it wrong for Lewis.
Agreed Nicodidn't do anything wrong He was given a chance by Lewis's teams howler and he took it nothing wrong with that. But why they made that howler of a mistake is an extremely good question

Same with Ricciardo in Canada last year Rosberg had issues on the last lap and Ricciardo picked up the lead and won, just shows anything can happen.

Crofty is saying on his AskCrofty thing that it was Verstappen's fault for the crash. I've watched it back a few times now and it was definitely Grosjean braking earlier than usual that caused it. Max couldn't slow down enough to avoid it.

Thank goodness he's ok though, that was a mega shunt.

Crofty is saying on his AskCrofty thing that it was Verstappen's fault for the crash. I've watched it back a few times now and it was definitely Grosjean braking earlier than usual that caused it. Max couldn't slow down enough to avoid it.

I'm gonna call it 50/50. They said that Grosjean was on older tyres so the speed difference between the 2 would have been bigger than usual, Max should have been more aware that Grosjean would likely have been braking earlier, but Grosjean probably did brake a bit earlier than he really could have.

I'm gonna call it 50/50. They said that Grosjean was on older tyres so the speed difference between the 2 would have been bigger than usual, Max should have been more aware that Grosjean would likely have been braking earlier, but Grosjean probably did brake a bit earlier than he really could have.

Yeah that is true, but I still believe Grosjean braked earlier than he could have, as you mention.

Nico is being very magnanimous in victory with his interview with Sky F1 though, respect to him.

If I was Lewis, I would have parked the car, thrown the steering wheel out and gone home. 
That's what I thought he was gonna do when he parked up before the tunnel. Only trouble is he'd have been in breach of the podium rules or something and he'd have faced either a penalty or a fine I'd guess. If he'd been in 4th though then I wouldn't have blamed him for parking up and going home.
Actually he would be DSQed if he was going to do that.

He would have been penalised for the same thing as Sainz. Missing the weight bridge

I've just gone back over the Sky F1 coverage from just after the race. Quote from Johnny Herbert: "It shouldn't be decided like this" and called the result of the race "disgusting". British coverage of F1 is friggin' hilarious. Can't wait to see what the Beeb have lined up later.

VetteIfan said:
I've just gone back over the Sky F1 coverage from just after the race. Quote from Johnny Herbert: "It shouldn't be decided like this" and called the result of the race "disgusting". British coverage of F1 is friggin' hilarious. Can't wait to see what the Beeb have lined up later.
Ted Kravitz was funny. "Now, I might be being a bit over-dramatic here, but... How can Lewis Hamilton ever trust anything his engineer says ever again?"

And you guys think the reaction would have been different in Germany if this happened to Rosberg?

And you guys think the reaction would have been different in Germany if this happened to Rosberg?
Idk, I don't watch German TV. As bad as I feel for Hamilton, it's just funny to see Sky think a crime has been commited today or something, and then go on to launch a massive inquest as to how Hamilton didn't win a race in which he was the only person competing.

Watching the race on the BBC and seeing the actual error makes it seem ten times worse