Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Formula 1 Johnnie Walker Monaco Grand Prix

So, conclusions from today's race:
  • Sky is the Lewis Hamilton show (and even as a Hamilton fan, it's been way to excessive)
  • David Croft is an abysmal commentator
  • A head needs to role at Mercedes
  • Monaco is only interesting when crashes happen
I'm effing furious with Merc's pitwall.

Wow, Verstappen has a five place grid penalty for the next race! That's harsh!

Hughesy said:
I wanna kill myself right now. 
I want to kill the pitwall and a certain someone. Huge respect to Vettel though as he whispered to Lewis you deserved P1. Nico celebrating like he thinks he deserved it, such a (bleeping swear word)
Did he actually whisper that?

Juice29 said:
Man I want Seb and Lewis in the same team
Nah, it will make them turn into Nico-Lewis all over again. It is pretty clear they get on right now, which is good to see. I'd not like to see them blanking each other etc. 

AMS97KRR said:
Hughesy said:
I want to kill the pitwall and a certain someone. Huge respect to Vettel though as he whispered to Lewis you deserved P1. Nico celebrating like he thinks he deserved it, such a (bleeping swear word)
He said something. What he said is up for debate

If you look at his lips as he says it, he definitely says something along the lines of what Hughesy said. Last word was definitely 'first'.

I've just watched the key moments again, and I still believe that firstly, Grosjean braked earlier than he could have and that a 5 place grid penalty for Verstappen is very harsh, and also that I still cannot find any explanation as to why Mercedes pulled Lewis in the pits.

And yeah, Crofty had a couple of awful moments today, these tweets from earlier sum it up quite well aha :p 

https://twitter.com/MrMattBirkett/status/602454526680035328

https://twitter.com/MrMattBirkett/status/602469485338042368

https://twitter.com/Matthew77258/status/602454493272248320

He is good 80% of the time, but just annoying for the other 20% frankly.

Crofty has got worse every year, "Fred" and "Bob" is just a start but his shocking metaphors and giggling at the least funnies of things really bugs me.

Although Bottarse was funny :p 

AMS97KRR said:
Hughesy said:
Yes he did, when Lewis first got to the podium and shook hands..

Can't understand how you guys don't like Crofty, he's the best we've had since Murray....

I've just watched the key moments again, and I still believe that firstly, Grosjean braked earlier than he could have and that a 5 place grid penalty for Verstappen is very harsh, and also that I still cannot find any explanation as to why Mercedes pulled Lewis in the pits.

And yeah, Crofty had a couple of awful moments today, these tweets from earlier sum it up quite well aha :p 

https://twitter.com/MrMattBirkett/status/602454526680035328

https://twitter.com/MrMattBirkett/status/602469485338042368

https://twitter.com/Matthew77258/status/602454493272248320

He is good 80% of the time, but just annoying for the other 20% frankly.

Wait... you really don't know who Henry is? :p

fIsince08 said:
Crofty has got worse every year, "Fred" and "Bob" is just a start but his shocking metaphors and giggling at the least funnies of things really bugs me.

Although Bottarse was funny :p 
Yeah, the Fred thing was really really silly. It's his segways and metaphors which get me most though. 

To be fair to him, he did a good job in keeping me kind of entertained in the middle of the race today, when it was actually ridiculously boring.

Hughesy said:
AMS97KRR said:
Hughesy said:
Yes he did, when Lewis first got to the podium and shook hands..

Can't understand how you guys don't like Crofty, he's the best we've had since Murray....
Yeah I like Crofty as well he's definitely the best commentator we've had since Murray Walker retired

anyone noticed Rosberg kept his ear plugs the whole time even on the podium LOL I guess he did not wanted to hear what was been said around him. 

probably kept them on to stop him hearing hamiltons whining, lol

that's sport for you, why lewis cant just take things like this on the chin is beyond me, he's like a sulking little teenager. get over it ya goober :-) bet the fanboys on here went wild too. wish I was here when it all kicked off.

It's beyond me why you bash Hamilton despite the fact that he did take it on the chin, he dealt with the whole situation incredibly well. I'm not the only one who thinks so, many fans and pundits are saying the same.

It's quite clear your hatred for him is blinding you.

hatred? like the hatred of vettel by you lot? I don't make threads to diss him do I? I merely poke a bit fun out of the situation. pot n kettle n all that

hatred? like the hatred of vettel by you lot? I don't make threads to diss him do I? I merely poke a bit fun out of the situation. pot n kettle n all that
If you read a few pages back you'll see me cheering on Vettel to beat Rosberg, and you'll also see @Hughesy and I both saying that it was good of Vettel to say what he did to Hamilton at the podium. And when have we made a thread to diss Vettel? You really are deluded.

You call it pot and kettle, except I and a few other members have softened towards Vettel since 2014, we're starting to respect and like him more since he's moved to Ferrari. So stop your baiting and try posting something that isn't flammatory for once!

I can only agree with Prawn there, I like Vettel a lot more since his struggles in 2014 and especially after he moved to Ferrari. I also recognize his talent more than I did before. 

If you read a few pages back you'll see me cheering on Vettel to beat Rosberg, and you'll also see @Hughesy and I both saying that it was good of Vettel to say what he did to Hamilton at the podium. And when have we made a thread to diss Vettel? You really are deluded.

You call it pot and kettle, except I and a few other members have softened towards Vettel since 2014, we're starting to respect and like him more since he's moved to Ferrari. So stop your baiting and try posting something that isn't flammatory for once!
Actually there was a thread about Vettel at one point ;) 

"Lets talk about Vettel" or something 

Yep it's clear to me who has the problem here. On the subject of Hamilton, I've never seen a driver deal with such an awful mistake by the team so well. Funny how people always go on about Hamilton being a whinger, yet he didn't once make a big thing about it and kept it behind closed doors.
 His team mate is always moaning, there's a reason why he hasn't been champion, before Mercs were good Rosberg just blended in as nothing he did was exceptional.
There's many more talented drivers that would beat Rosberg in the same car, Bottas and Hulkenberg to name two. If Hamilton destroys Rosberg again this season I hope they pay off his contract and get Bottas.

Vettel got hate due to the way he treated Webber, those two just hated each other. The last few years we've seen a different side to him, the funny and laid back guy. 

I don't think Vettel treated Webber badly at all really. Webber did some questionable stuff too, such as not obeying team orders (Brazil 2012 Vettel said that himself). 

I think Hamilton handled it well. It is easy to say he sulked etc. But the guy just drove for like 69 laps in the lead of Monaco and was robbed of the win. I'd be so angry. 

AMS97KRR said:

Yea our Colonel reminded me about that thread via PM, but as I said to him, that thread is from a while back (April 2014) and I wasn't the one who created it.

Also that thread wasn't originally started as a Vettel diss thread from what I remember, it was actually started by a fan of Vettel ;)

AMS97KRR said:

Yea our Colonel reminded me about that thread via PM, but as I said to him, that thread is from a while back (April 2014) and I wasn't the one who created it.

Also that thread wasn't originally started as a Vettel diss thread from what I remember, it was actually started by a fan of Vettel ;)
Lol, maybe it was. It was an interesting thread though :p 

There's been quite a few occasions in Hamilton's career where he's lost race wins, even titles because of team and car mistakes and failures. Also occasions where his team mates have mucked up his chances of poles and wins. I don't remember Lewis bawling and screaming when these happened

- 2007 Brazilian GP, car failed on him so he lost the title.
- 2007 Hungarian GP, when Alonso held him up in the pits, meaning he didn't get pole.
- 2009 Australian GP, the team told him to lie to the stewards, meaning he got disqualified.
- 2012 Singapore GP and Abu Dhabi GP, both times he was leading and his car broke down, but he didn't slag off the team.
- 2014 Monaco GP, obviously Rosberg went off in Qualifying. I'm not saying it was on purpose, it's just it was very suspicious.
- 2015 Monaco GP, team ruin his strategy and he loses an easy win.

Lewis dealt with all these situations in a controlled manner, maybe more angry on a couple of occasions, but who would blame him? He was extremely professional on Sunday and I would have been livid. I'm sure he was but he did a bloody good job of keeping it contained.