Sign in to follow this  

Handicap in multiplayer

Posted (edited)

Hello, I'm planning to create an online championship with some friends. The issue that I'm facing is that we are a bunch of guys with different skills so the races will be unbalanced. Is there any way to add handicap to a specific driver in order to make it slower and have a more well balanced racing experience?

BEFORE you say it, we have already given him the worst possible car (williams), but still he is too fast.

I was thinking about changing car performance files, but I'm not sure how to do it and I'm worried that this would block him to join our multiplayer session.

Any idea/advice?

Thanks and regards

Edited by Njk00

Ah yes, we have one of those in our group too 😁

Maybe some of these hints work for ya:

• Make him use a fixed setup, preferably a bad one, like using a downforce setup on a high speed track and so on;
  • Tell him to bring less fuel, so he can not use the high/rich engine mode;
  • Make him start at the back of the grid (through dsq in quali maybe) and make him not use drs, that way his overtake game will get more difficult;
  • He could only use the slowest tyre;
  • Tell him to use automatic ers mode;

If you ise Equal performance on cars, it doesn't matter if he's in a mercedes or williams. 

what assists is everyone using? If nobody except him is using them, well there's one answer. 

you can equalize the lobby by making everyone use certain assists off, this is especially fair for the non assist users.

TC is a big game breaker when people know how to exploit it's use on medium.

Timed staggered start delays like in the challenges. The better the driver the more seconds behind the rest of the field they start racing.

If they are THAT good they can start a lap behind in a long enough race!

Tell them they have to leave ERS at "none" and the lowest fuel mode, with maximum downforce on front and rear wings, on hard tires, with a swap to inters for the last 2 laps.  🙂