Jump to content Jump to content

Loore said:
Goonertez said:
indeed..thanks for the recent info Loore.

Meet you on the Virtual Track maybe huh?

which begs the question...what platform you play on doode?
I'll be on PC mainly as it's my personal format of choice, more than happy to have a few races with you all :)
Ahhhh, thatd be good for a giggle im sure, PC here also.
Assumin for a mo i get the game [im 70% a yes man today] do look for us in game.
I for one run under the same name as my forum monica...as do quite a few others i see on here.
@Loore, From what you have said, I understand a little better, there are many many chefs to prepare this meal.  

It would be good if you work out the time it would take to add everything into the game, that people expect from a racing game.  
Then when you make your next game, maybe it could take you a couple of months longer to make.

I realise if it takes longer then it costs you more money, But if the game was perfect, on Day 1 release, I think you would find you'd make more money.  People would be impressed with it....tell their friends etc. 

Im sure Autosport is goin to be a massive improvement over GRID 2.   

But its not perfect.  

And to top it all off.......FLASHBACKS are in. 

I would like to know what sort of racing experience has flashbacks.  I believe one of your team is on video saying that CM dont want to be sim, but they want us to feel like we are in a racing car, in a race.   

Great.....REMOVE FLASHBACKS and that could well be the case. 

You cant have the feeling of immersion if at any point you have the magical abilty to correct a spin/crash. 

You know you don't have to use them if you don't want, right?

yeah I keep telling him that too if you don't want flashbacks turn them off there is an option for doing so. I'll have them turned on personally but set to limited as I don't want to become too over reliant on them

RTanoskills is actually talking about online flashbacks being set to On in the Public Playlists.
@Loore, From what you have said, I understand a little better, there are many many chefs to prepare this meal.  

It would be good if you work out the time it would take to add everything into the game, that people expect from a racing game.  
Then when you make your next game, maybe it could take you a couple of months longer to make.

I realise if it takes longer then it costs you more money, But if the game was perfect, on Day 1 release, I think you would find you'd make more money.  People would be impressed with it....tell their friends etc. 

But its not perfect.  

I would like to know what sort of racing experience has flashbacks.  I believe one of your team is on video saying that CM dont want to be sim, but they want us to feel like we are in a racing car, in a race.   

You cant have the feeling of immersion if at any point you have the magical abilty to correct a spin/crash. 

yeah I keep telling him that too if you don't want flashbacks turn them off there is an option for doing so. I'll have them turned on personally but set to limited as I don't want to become too over reliant on them

RTanoskills is actually talking about online flashbacks being set to On in the Public Playlists.
I know that
I'm confused about the online flash backs. I know how they work in single player as they were in the F1 series. How do they work online? If somebody decides to use a flash back during in an online race, what happens? All players get taken back to the flash back point? Or does only the player using it get taken back to a certain point?
PIP36 said:
I'm confused about the online flash backs. I know how they work in single player as they were in the F1 series. How do they work online? If somebody decides to use a flash back during in an online race, what happens? All players get taken back to the flash back point? Or does only the player using it get taken back to a certain point?
We all get taken back...that's why its so annoying :))

No, its the latter. :)
We all get taken back...that's why its so annoying :))

No, its the latter. :)
Lol, but surely the time taken to perform a flashback and get taken back will be more than it would to just rejoin the track and carry on?
Or I assume people only flash back if damage is enabled in the lobby and they wreck their car...
Anyway, not a fan of the idea online flash backs, it just ain't right, takes away the spirit and challenge of racing!
@

But its not perfect.  

I know that
So why do you "keep telling him" to turn them off when you can't?!!!
PIP36 said:
So why do you "keep telling him" to turn them off when you can't?!!!
Wait a sec...are you telling us that the option to turn off online flash backs does not/will not exist??
@Loore‌ has stated that in the Public Playlists online Flashbacks will be set to On permanently. However you can create a custom lobby and as the host you can choose to turn off Flashbacks (I presume by setting them to zero like you could in Grid 2). The issue is that many of us prefer to race in the Public Playlists, my reason for preferring Public to Custom is more players, no host kick and standardised settings like full damage, player options to choose manual or auto, assists on or off. In custom you can be forced to race with non standardised options like cockpit view only, damage off, manual gears only, all assists off etc. The solution that's been put forward is to create another Public Playlist that has Flashbacks turned off. Btw sorry for wall of text, this forum is not optimized for iPhones :-/
MTonly said:
Guys, please avoid quoting entire messages — this just makes reading harder. It's better to quote just a part that you are answering to.
Would love to but it's very time consuming doing that on an iphone, so easy to accidentally delete some of the HTML code and then having to start all over again!!