Sign in to follow this  

Football Manager Discussion

Yes, it's back. And to start us off, here's a selection of screenshots from one of my saves, currently managing Brighton and Hove Albion.

Trusty 4-2-3-1. I originally used this with my Chelsea team which worked rather well. Brought it across to Brighton, tweaked it a bit, and hey, still works. One problem is in defence though. We score a lot but concede a lot too. Two clean sheets in 13 games in the Championship. Leo Ulloa is absolutely amazeballs.

seems to me you make a better coach than a player 123 at least not bad leading the league by 6 points of course with only 19 games gone you still have a long way to go though but it's a good start

seems to me you make a better coach than a player 123 at least not bad leading the league by 6 points of course with only 19 games gone you still have a long way to go though but it's a good start
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that :P

Manchester United - Season 2019/2020.

Current League Table

Fixtures thus far:

The First Team squad:

The Story thus far:

After losing the Premier League title to Chelsea last season, as well as losing to them in the Semi-Final of the Champions League, Man Utd were left with only the Capital One Cup to show for the previous season. Whilst United knew winning four consecutive Premier League and Champions League titles would be nigh on impossible, losing both to Chelsea was extremely hard to swallow. 

Due to the average age of the squad, not much recruitment occurred during the summer. In fact, 19 Million went into the bank after all players came in and out, including the Ronaldo transfer in January. The only key difference between this year and last is another year of experience for the youthful squad, and the ability to turn on the style when facing a 0-0 draw to convert into a win.

With the Champions League final being hosted at Old Trafford, can Man Utd reclaim the CL on home soil? Can the newly bought Arsenal continue their resurgence and challenge United at the top? Can Norwich continue their stunning form from last year and get CL football? Will Chelsea regain the form which made them crush so many teams last year? Is Newcastle doomed?

wellk you're leading by 7 points so that's good was good to see Spurs doing well in your last season finishing 4th need to reinstall my game on my new system though before I can start mine as I don't have one on the go at the moment.

Interestingly, they hired Guardiola as their manager and sacked him 5 months later. That's including the summer break.

Couldn't believe my eyes. Their new manager if fairly useless as well.

Currently in my first season as Zaragoza boss having previously managed Annan Athletic, Nurnberg and Ajax.

Pretty good start to the season so far

Zaragoza finished 9th last season so the target for this season is a Europa league spot.

Rarely ever have to move away from this formation. Only signings have been Diego Costa and a few young players. Signed Demichellis on a free, badly need CM's

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/73/9d/739d39bbdb61af12b82f26d7c65ef239.png

Take it how often do you get to manage your country? :D

Yeah, I'd of said Ajax to Zaragoza is a bit of a side step. Same with getting the Scotland job. Need to go have a couple of good seasons and manage a side in Europe before heading to a top team. Then you take the international job.

Just beat Barca 3-0. Totally dominated them. Take that Moyes baby.

Herby007 said:
Yeah, I'd of said Ajax to Zaragoza is a bit of a side step. Same with getting the Scotland job. Need to go have a couple of good seasons and manage a side in Europe before heading to a top team. Then you take the international job.

I find that very disrespectful towards my players and staff..... :P

Tbh, i'd pretty much done everything with Ajax, won all the cups, bar the CL where i got to the semi's. Zaragoza is a bit of a building job, once i get them into 3rd place i'll be happy to consider moving on. Unless i get an offer from United or Real or somebody big :P

I've always wanted to manage Scotland and i've never had the chance to so i had to take it :)

Just reinstalled FM on my pc now and set up my career running with the following leagues

Brazil

England

France

Germany

Italy

Spain

and the USA

Starting with Dover in the Blue square south division

Herby007 said:

bet he's wondering how you managed to do it with his former team :p

Finished the 2019/2020 season. I'll do a write up when I can be arsed, but I wanted to do a report on the last match I've played...the Champions League Final.

Champions League final – Manchester United vs Valencia. Venue: Old Trafford.

There were multiple tails leading up to the final of the most prestigious competition in club football. Valencia have not won the competition in their 101 year history. Manchester United had won the competition four times in the last five years, never mind before that. Valencia is managed by René Meulensteen, featuring the highest scoring player in the competition Jordan Ayew alongside a player who got his first competitive games in the Premier League under the Manchester United manager; Cauley Woodrow. Manchester United, featuring multiple players that played alongside Woodrow from that breakout Fulham team, were favourites playing at Old Trafford for the final.

Pre-match news

News broke that both Cauley Woodrow and Jordan Ayew would not start the match for Valencia. A shock start was handed to Todd Middleby, a young Australian forward who had not featured thus far in the cup.

For Manchester United, Isco was dropped to the bench and Fletcher was chosen to captain United in what could be his last game for the club.

Match report

Valencia got off to a flying start to the game, immediately putting Man Utd under the cosh. Sydorenko put a ball in from the flank which fell to Bilinha in the six yard box. With the goal at his mercy he managed to do his best to miss and hit the post. The ball luckily fell to De Gea who claimed the ball. It was an early warning shot and United failed to take the warning seriously.

Ten minutes in, after both teams squandered possession numerous times, Feghouli played a great ball out to Bilininha on the left flank. After beating McMullan, he played in a cross from the left that was met by the quickly arriving Middleby. The young Australian made no mistake with his bullet header and fired Valencia into the lead. United were stunned. The crowd were stunned. Valencia were ahead! 1-0!

With United left chasing the game, it wouldn’t be until the 44th minute before any sort of attack would form. Building from the back, the ball fell to Breeze who cut inside and played a low ball in for Claesen, who rounded the keeper and made sure United would go into half time level! 1-1!

In truth, it was a poor match, with not many chances happening in the second half. The most note-worthy was an attack for Valencia, who had finally put on Woodrow and Ayew. Verratti broke forward and played In Ayew, who shot inches wide. In the 90th minute, a foul 30 yards gave Utd their best chance from a set piece. The free-kick was taken by Isco, who had come on for Jaspers. The free kick was fantastic, but so was the Valencia keeper and the game would go to extra time.

Into extra time, Verratti played a ball in from a corner, and Delorme won the ball. Still in the United box, Delorme hesitated on the ball. This lead to a tackle by Radu, he was about to put a low cross in when Smalling lunged in. Penalty! Who would take it? None other than the former Fulham man Woodrow! The crowd went silent. Woodrow vs De Gea. Woodrow aimed low and to the right. De Gea went low and to the right. An explosion of noise radiated from the stands; De Gea had kept United in it with the most important save of the night!

With penalties looming, in the second half of extra time, Valencia was once again looking the more likely to get the important goal. Their attack was broke down by Ginter, who played in Breeze on the right. Seeing a through ball opportunity as Valencia had committed most men forward, he played in a beautiful ball to Claeson. Again, the crowd went silent as their most prolific striker danced around the keeper and drove the ball in low. Unlike his former Fulham team mate, he made no mistake! 2-1!

End of season clear-out incoming....

Only looking at keeping at most 6/7 of the squad, got 2 players signed on pre contracts for next season which is good

nicwe work on winning the CL Herby

won my first preseason friendly at 3-1 just need to get my team prepared for the hard long season ahead which I hope ends up in us being promoted to the Blue Squaer permier but as long as we do well and get a top half finish I'll be happy at least for my first year in charge anyway

I'm actually really embarrassed about what has just happened

Quite a shame really, i'd done a lot of buying for the future....