Jump to content Jump to content

Football Manager Discussion

onetwothree

fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
fIsince08 said:
This thread is tempting me to get it, what's the best version?
There's a demo for FM14 on Steam. Try it, you get half a season I believe.
I looked by my laptop only just meets the requirements, I don't want to strain it. Plus I need to download steam and create a steam account. Bit much for a demo.
you could always try an older version with less demanding specs if you're still interested as older ones don't use as many resources it is up to you though just shop around for an old disc version as disc versions don't require steam to be installed (or at least 2010 dosen't )of FM or Championship manager fortunately there is plenty of old ones as the series has been going for years

I went years without playing FM (thought it would be too complex for my small brain) but I downloaded the 2012 demo and I was instantly hooked. Think I have close to 1000 hours now. 

If any game, or indeed demo, is worth the effort it's Football Manager. 

And I played FM whilst my processor in my laptop hit almost 100 degrees. Man up, @flsince08

Herby007 said:
I went years without playing FM (thought it would be too complex for my small brain) but I downloaded the 2012 demo and I was instantly hooked. Think I have close to 1000 hours now. 

If any game, or indeed demo, is worth the effort it's Football Manager. 

And I played FM whilst my processor in my laptop hit almost 100 degrees. Man up, @flsince08
I got hooked way back on the Amiga playing Premier Manager I think it was. I think that was the first football manager game I played. it didn't have things like press interaction or keeping your players happy and things like that likre the modern ones do. it was moer like the way Fifa is now but without the playing you just picked the strategy and team and upgraded the stadium from time to time You still had a budget and had to make signings and stuff like that though it was still good enough to give me hours of fun though played it a lot with my dad too where we each took a team and played together. tbh last night while playing my processor stayed pretty cool almost as if it was idling but then mine's a desktop not a laptop

What an epic opener to the season I've just had and shows exactly everything I love about football drama action and plenty of goals. 2-0 down after 20 minutes back level by the half hour and then came away with a win of 4-3 both my frontmen getting 2 goals each with the decisive goal coming just a minute before the end brilliant

Just out of curiosity, what formations do all of you like to play? Do you vary between when playing at home and away? Prefer a DM, AM? One striker or multiple?
Depends on who I'm playing in each match I try to be as versatile as possible and pick a team and setup to suit each occasion that I hope will get me the win. I tend to use 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 most of the time as my primary formations but I do use others as well

I've used 3 tactics the most: 4-1-2-2-1, 4-2-3-1 and 3-1-2-3-1. As you can see, I prefer a lone striker playing as a poacher, inside forwards on the wings and a player maker/ball winning midfielder in the centre. Recently decided to have an anchorman a head of 3 strong centre backs and I've had a lot of joy with it.

just added 2 central Attacking midfielders to my squad needed a couple of Gerrard/Lampard type players and given one's already scored his first goal it looks like they're up for the task. we look in much better shape now in terms of flexibility. Just need yto get my team to perform consistently now

Bought FM13 for £2.30 and I started a career with Fleetwood. Still finding my way around. Is a 4-2-3-1, short passing attack mentality a good or bad Idea? Never played FM in my life before now, works In FIFA though.

AMS97KRR said:
Bought FM13 for £2.30 and I started a career with Fleetwood. Still finding my way around. Is a 4-2-3-1, short passing attack mentality a good or bad Idea? Never played FM in my life before now, works In FIFA though.

it's entirely up to you to decide how to manage but you can get help and advice from your assistant  and other staff and ask what they think given they know the club and personnel I've not played 2013 as I don't have that one but on 2010 that's how I generally do it and try to come up with an appropriate strategy don't always succeed though

Just lost to the league leaders and the bottom club in the division sitting in 6th with 15 points after 9 games not too bad but I'd have liked have beaten Thurrock and claimed an extra win as they weer the bottom club and kept their losing streak going.

just ended a 5 game winless streak with victory against Basingstoke made some changes to the training regimes and am taking a more hands on approach myself given the team were not doing as I asked. Fired one of my coaches in the hopes I can get someone in to really motivate the team

So yeah, Quite pleased atm. Glad to be back with ma boy Siem De Jong. Decided to sign Higuain and he seems to be alright.

The defeat against Wigan was pretty poor, completely destroyed them, but they scored 2.

Thought Luke would like this one....

wel we've never been the best exactly in Defence attacking we've always been pretty good though but it's nice seeing Spurs in the top 4.

almost at the halfway stage of my season and after slipping down to 11th after having a somewhat poor run of 5 games without a win and 3 of them defeats we've recovered back up to4th with 3 wins on the bounce since I've taken a more hands on approach so looking like taking moer responsibility myself has certainly helped will upload a screenshot of my league once I get to the halfway stage

is that Dover Athletic I see in League 2? they're going really well in your game I hope my Dover goes as well in due course

Tense end-of-season title race coming up. I'm six points up on Watford with three games to go. Fixtures to go are: Leeds, Watford and Burnley who are third. Watford have the advantage when it comes to goal difference, +27 compared to +23. Thinking of tanking both games and beating Burnley 20-0.

Just started a new career with Roma. So far I've only done 2 pre -season friendlies. I won the first one 2-0 against a team I've never heard of. Can't remember the name , and then lost 3-1 to Galtasaray. Still getting to grips with it though , and I've got a feeling it might take a while before I do get the hang of things.

Had a good run of games since the last update. Sadly, Higuain injured himself but thankfully we've still scored goals and been winning.

Despite beating Man City, we're still 3 points behind, and they have a far superior GD. Still got to play them and that will be a must win game and from then on we have to go unbeaten.

The Europa League Group Stage went amazingly well, won 5 out of 6 games, Coates let us down by being sent off in the final game which we drew.

This my draw for the 1st and 2nd Knockout rounds.

So....Spurs are possibly going to bought by some rich man.....

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/77/34/7734cc3d0dad3d42c097cfcc0fc322a2.png

But unfortunately.....

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/ec/b1/ecb11dbd8cb5e570ab1b13d6e22edf6f.png

The treble is complete....

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/22/34/2234fec7a3b105c92a4019ef1b89b243.png

One the Captial One Cup last night with a 2-0 victory over to be league champions, Man City. Also en route for the FA Cup final and Europa League final.

The triple is on....

Nice one keep- that up and they'll be building a statue of you outside White Hart Lane well a simulated statue anyway :p

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/77/34/7734cc3d0dad3d42c097cfcc0fc322a2.png

But unfortunately.....

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/ec/b1/ecb11dbd8cb5e570ab1b13d6e22edf6f.png

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/22/34/2234fec7a3b105c92a4019ef1b89b243.png
YAAY now where did I put that hammer and chisel :p

One the Captial One Cup last night with a 2-0 victory over to be league champions, Man City. Also en route for the FA Cup final and Europa League final.

The triple is on....

Nice one keep- that up and they'll be building a statue of you outside White Hart Lane well a simulated statue anyway :p

But unfortunately.....

YAAY now where did I put that hammer and chisel :p
Get hammering and chiseling boy.....  >:D<

• 5 weeks later...
So I was managing Chelsea and had agreed to sell Mata to Real Madrid in November. A day before the transfer is due to be completed, they cancel the deal. I managed to get 18 million out of him, but now he's only worth 13. Dirty tricks, Carlo, dirty, dirty tricks.

And now he wants to stay! Sorry Juan, I need to clear the wage budget.

Managing Chelsea, dominant PL victory in first season, it's amazing what a good striker (Mandzukic) and how much of a difference he actually makes to that team. Lost in CL final to Bayern with a dodgy penalty decision, which UEFA apologised to me for. 

Second season, shite start finished third, Newcastle won the league for some random reason, then sacked Pardew and brought Roy Hodgson in #YOLO

Won a League and FA Cup double, got to CL final again beating Dortmund (2R), Everton (QF), Spuds (SF), I think my game is broken-and lost to Real Madrid in the final minus Azpilicueta, Di Sciglio, Schurrle (who was a beast this season for me), and Hazard; in the 118th minute from a corner whilst I trying to bring on Oscar for penalties. 

Oh and Poland won the 2014 WC.

Hmmm 35 million quid offer from Real for Oscar. 

Stats last two seasons are: Bear in mind he's had a few injuries. 

M G R

13/14 38 10 6.94

14/15 32 5 7 6.98

My head says yes, but my heart says no. He's young but not getting ahead of Willian, Hazard for me. I usually play 4-1-2-2-1, but thinking of going 4-3-3 for next season and he can play CM as well as CAM and on the wings. But he doesn't score much and i'm considering selling Salah as well. Dunno what to do.