Jump to content Jump to content

Football Manager Discussion

My FM story.

Started with FC Dallas. Won the MLS Cup (their playoff competition) in 2012. Stayed until the summer of 2013 when Everton had been relegated, so took over them. Sold off lots of players to clear their debt. Won the Championship by only losing 1 game, won the FA Cup too. Done alright in my few seasons at Everton, challenged the top 4 a couple of times. Signed Wilshere and Mata amongst others. Got sacked after losing to Liverpool.

Took over Tottenham, their previous managers had screwed them over big time. Quit after a few weeks in charge. Got offered the Bayern job and took it.

There were about 5 games left in the season when I took charge, Bayern were 3rd. Ended up winning the league on goal difference. Won the league for the next 4 years too, and on course to win it again this year. Now if only I could do well in Europe but Man Utd are too strong.
Expressed my interest for the Spurs job, although the last time i was there it wasn't pleasant. Reports that Simeone will be sacked from Athletico so i'm hoping that happens soon

Edit

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/1b/a4/1ba460285068bbae3ac26daf0eab5963.png

Thats hard to resist....
Yeah i signed for them. Got plenty of money to play with, plus there's a lot of players that won't fit into my formation so i'll have even more money. Looks as if the main priority will be buying strikers as they have none that are of a decent quality.

Yeah i signed for them. Got plenty of money to play with, plus there's a lot of players that won't fit into my formation so i'll have even more money. Looks as if the main priority will be buying strikers as they have none that are of a decent quality.
oh dear well with that budget though you should be able to find a couple of decent ones that's one good thing about the PL big budgets unlike where I am but I've only just started my latest career and still working my way through the pre season friendlies lost 6-0 to reading but I've won my first 2 frendlies and given Reading are like 4 divisions above me I'm not too worried to have lost that one
You've got very little room to move with that wage budget.
I've got at least 6 players to push out so that should free up the wages.

That Levy is a tight fisted hoor.
I'm suer you'll get what you need and when I guided Spurs to second place and UEFA cup on my game I did it without making anysignings just the players that were there pretty much all I did was rearrange their training so it can be done.
fIsince08 said:
This thread is tempting me to get it, what's the best version?
yeah it's convinced me to start playing again too started a new career last night I would normally say go for the latest one available but it's entirely up to you  the newest football management game I've got is the 2010 one but I have collected quite a few over the years either football manager or championship manager but both are pretty similar. was thinking I might pick it up again now that I've decided to abandon Bioshock Infinite for now and try again later as I don't think I have enough upgrades or enough of them to beat it
Platy said:
fIsince08 said:
This thread is tempting me to get it, what's the best version?
There's a demo for FM14 on Steam. Try it, you get half a season I believe.
I looked by my laptop only just meets the requirements, I don't want to strain it. Plus I need to download steam and create a steam account. Bit much for a demo.