Jump to content Jump to content

Football Manager Discussion

fIsince08 said:
Platy said:
fIsince08 said:
This thread is tempting me to get it, what's the best version?
There's a demo for FM14 on Steam. Try it, you get half a season I believe.
I looked by my laptop only just meets the requirements, I don't want to strain it. Plus I need to download steam and create a steam account. Bit much for a demo.
you could always try an older version with less demanding specs if you're still interested as older ones don't use as many resources it is up to you though just shop around for an old disc version as disc versions don't require steam to be installed (or at least 2010 dosen't )of FM or Championship manager fortunately there is plenty of old ones as the series has been going for years
I went years without playing FM (thought it would be too complex for my small brain) but I downloaded the 2012 demo and I was instantly hooked. Think I have close to 1000 hours now. 

If any game, or indeed demo, is worth the effort it's Football Manager. 

And I played FM whilst my processor in my laptop hit almost 100 degrees. Man up, @flsince08
Herby007 said:
I went years without playing FM (thought it would be too complex for my small brain) but I downloaded the 2012 demo and I was instantly hooked. Think I have close to 1000 hours now. 

If any game, or indeed demo, is worth the effort it's Football Manager. 

And I played FM whilst my processor in my laptop hit almost 100 degrees. Man up, @flsince08
I got hooked way back on the Amiga playing Premier Manager I think it was. I think that was the first football manager game I played. it didn't have things like press interaction or keeping your players happy and things like that likre the modern ones do. it was moer like the way Fifa is now but without the playing you just picked the strategy and team and upgraded the stadium from time to time You still had a budget and had to make signings and stuff like that though it was still good enough to give me hours of fun though played it a lot with my dad too where we each took a team and played together. tbh last night while playing my processor stayed pretty cool almost as if it was idling but then mine's a desktop not a laptop
What an epic opener to the season I've just had and shows exactly everything I love about football drama action and plenty of goals. 2-0 down after 20 minutes back level by the half hour and then came away with a win of 4-3 both my frontmen getting 2 goals each with the decisive goal coming just a minute before the end brilliant
Just out of curiosity, what formations do all of you like to play? Do you vary between when playing at home and away? Prefer a DM, AM? One striker or multiple?
Depends on who I'm playing in each match I try to be as versatile as possible and pick a team and setup to suit each occasion that I hope will get me the win. I tend to use 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 most of the time as my primary formations but I do use others as well
I've used 3 tactics the most: 4-1-2-2-1, 4-2-3-1 and 3-1-2-3-1. As you can see, I prefer a lone striker playing as a poacher, inside forwards on the wings and a player maker/ball winning midfielder in the centre. Recently decided to have an anchorman a head of 3 strong centre backs and I've had a lot of joy with it.

just added 2 central Attacking midfielders to my squad needed a couple of Gerrard/Lampard type players and given one's already scored his first goal it looks like they're up for the task. we look in much better shape now in terms of flexibility. Just need yto get my team to perform consistently now

Bought FM13 for £2.30 and I started a career with Fleetwood. Still finding my way around. Is a 4-2-3-1, short passing attack mentality a good or bad Idea? Never played FM in my life before now, works In FIFA though.
AMS97KRR said:
Bought FM13 for £2.30 and I started a career with Fleetwood. Still finding my way around. Is a 4-2-3-1, short passing attack mentality a good or bad Idea? Never played FM in my life before now, works In FIFA though.

it's entirely up to you to decide how to manage but you can get help and advice from your assistant  and other staff and ask what they think given they know the club and personnel I've not played 2013 as I don't have that one but on 2010 that's how I generally do it and try to come up with an appropriate strategy don't always succeed though

Just lost to the league leaders and the bottom club in the division sitting in 6th with 15 points after 9 games not too bad but I'd have liked have beaten Thurrock and claimed an extra win as they weer the bottom club and kept their losing streak going.

just ended a 5 game winless streak with victory against Basingstoke made some changes to the training regimes and am taking a more hands on approach myself given the team were not doing as I asked. Fired one of my coaches in the hopes I can get someone in to really motivate the team