Jump to content Jump to content

Football Manager Discussion

Yeah he has been pretty average although that's more to do with me playing him out of position. Accepted but Real couldn't get the funds together anyway. Trying to negotiate some sort of swp with him and Isco anyway. For some reason Bayern are all over Salah like a rash and are bidding like 20 million for him. 
  • 1 month later...

Just started a new career with Roma. So far I've only done 2 pre -season friendlies. I won the first one 2-0 against a team I've never heard of. Can't remember the name , and then lost 3-1 to Galtasaray. Still getting to grips with it though , and I've got a feeling it might take a while before I do get the hang of things.

I completely forgot about this. I'm gonna start a new career mode with a squad I know better once I've built my desk.

I finally won the Champions League with Bayern, looks good with my 6 straight Bundesliga titles. I also went unbeaten in the league, and technically I haven't lost a game since the Super Cup as I went out of the Pokal on penalties.

• 2 weeks later...

Herby007 said:

just won manager of the month winning 3 of my 6 league games

I can win every league game in a month and not get manager of the month. Wish my game would hand it to me for winning half my games :angry: 

think it depends on how the other teams are doing in your league  though I don't think I'm doing as well as I've done in the past as I've had careers where I've won plenty of trophies. I've also had others where my career has barely lasted a season where I got the sack and not managed to get another job. Not sure where my current one lies at the moment as we had a dodgy start but after a bit of reorganising. I'm in the area of the table where the team wants to be but no better or worse right now. I'm hoping we can at least hang onto 5th and push for promotion via the playoffs at least but only time will tell if we achieve that. I am still in my first season though so need to build my reputation before I get a crack at the big leagues

http://blog.thomascooksport.com/sport/50-things-football-manager-never-happen-real-life/

I've seen quite a few strange things happen in the football manager games but  never anything as strange as that.

Just recently bought FM 2014 on Steam as I felt it was time for an upgrade but won't probably play it till I finish the 2010 game I have on the go. It'll be a while yet though as I'm still in season 1 on that. decided to take a break over the summer but now the new season is underway I'll maybe inclined to spend more time with it. The only reason why I'm still in the first year is because I only started that career not long before  last season finished so my  career's not been active for long  and up until Saturday I hadn't really touched it.

Pretty dominant season for me...

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/c6/2e/c62ec929823dab9d6d0b4fa340c4f0ea.png

Bolton had a bit of a stinker, conceded 100 goals....

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/60/38/6038dddfead59d4e897174f5bcfad3d1.png

Pretty dominant season for me...

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/c6/2e/c62ec929823dab9d6d0b4fa340c4f0ea.png

Bolton had a bit of a stinker, conceded 100 goals....

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/60/38/6038dddfead59d4e897174f5bcfad3d1.png

In charge of Blackpool now Jordie? Decided to have a go at managing a smaller club? It is sometimes more interesting working with smaller clubs than with the big guns all the time I have to admit.  Being in charge of Dover on FM 2010 at the moment is certainly interesting. A virtually non existant budget all my signings I've made have been free transfers but we're going wellbeing in the 5th, 6th/7th sort of area and have been pretty much there all season so far. I'm hoping we can get into the top 5 as that's the playoff zone that way we can get promoted to the Blue square premier as the conference is called in that game I hope assuming we win them. Won't be easy though as we've not exactly played well against the bigger teams in the league
  • 1 month later...
Herby007 said:
Yeah, making the stats behind your manager actually mean something seems great to me. The new UI seems much better to. 

Think I'll wait till Xmas to buy it though otherwise I'll be to engrossed in it and not bother going to work ha.
yeah the new UI kind of reminds me of the old Championship manager layouts kind of cool really