F1 2020 game release date

58 minutes ago, aartstyle said:

Who cares about the perfomance. f1 2020 will have a perfect working safetycar. A multiplayer functionality without connection problems. No bump at suzuka, AI that really makes mistakes and crashes. Player cars that can have engine/technical failures, Full telemetry will be added like in GP4. Again who cares about the realistic car peformance. RELEASE THIS GAME

Besides this i just read the news that f1 2020 will contain all the 22 original planned tracks. Codemasters will not change the calender. 

Where did you read this?

58 minutes ago, aartstyle said:

Who cares about the perfomance. f1 2020 will have a perfect working safetycar. A multiplayer functionality without connection problems. No bump at suzuka, AI that really makes mistakes and crashes. Player cars that can have engine/technical failures, Full telemetry will be added like in GP4. Again who cares about the realistic car peformance. RELEASE THIS GAME

Besides this i just read the news that f1 2020 will contain all the 22 original planned tracks. Codemasters will not change the calender. 

What kinds of news have you been reading!? 😁

Posted (edited)

We had testing, and have had all liveries.  For sure should release it, just the lap times should be half a tenth to maybe 1 second quicker per lap, mix the mid field a little and bring Williams in.

If any thing F1 2020 will have added exposure and can fill a void this year, look how much attention F1 2019 has had the last month or so.    I reckon its a great opportunity, Its a chance for codies to step up to the next plate, improve online and tweak the handling ect.   If they nail it could be a great year sales wise.

Edited by rooztek
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, rooztek said:

We had testing, and have had all liveries.  For sure should release it, just the lap times should be half a tenth to maybe 1 second quicker per lap, mix the mid field a little and bring Williams in.

If there's something that should be added, for single-player especially, it should be equal engines. We've seen equal engines only on multiplayer, and I feel like equal engines should also be a feature for offline single-player.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, Involved In It said:

If there's something that should be added, for single-player especially, it should be equal engines. We've seen equal engines only on multiplayer, and I feel like equal engines should also be a feature for offline single-player.

How do you think a career will develop with equal engines in singleplayer? That will ruin the competative element in career mode.

• Agree 3

On 3/26/2020 at 6:40 AM, audacious said:

Is anyone even bothered about this game anymore, in the current climate

Yes more than ever. No F1 on TV and no F1 game? No F1 period? No thanks. This game will save many a fans sanity!! 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 1512marcel said:

How do you think a career will develop with equal engines in singleplayer? That will ruin the competative element in career mode.

Not necessarily. I'd welcome it with open arms. You'd finally get to upgrade a low rank team and know later seasons it wouldn't be undone for nothing. Plus with multiple paths to take in R&D this would mix the grid up further. Rather than the same teams always winning you'd have a much more mixed power to aero advantage so different circuits would produce clearer unique winners. Having all teams closer would also make it more competitive as you wouldn't have a huge gap between teams so winning a race would be tougher as you would have to fight every car equally as competitively rather than easy passing back markers to get a boost up to the faster cars. Or front runners being held up by slower cars after only 15 laps or so. Though I can't see this happening unless its been said already? I'm only just catching up on the great news all tracks will be present.

• Disagree 1

Whats the use of talking multiple paths in R&D if all cars are equal? You can easily achieve a smaller gap by increasing the difficulty slider while driving a top three car. I really don't see the point in this. Besides that, AI drivers should perform equal too. That's the main difference using equal cars online but having difference in experience by the real human drivers. Offline that will translate in a very boring, predicatble line of cars.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I can see wanting equal cars in signle player for Grand Prix and Season modes so you could just run your favorite livery or teams and be able to race for wins (casual player).

I don't see how putting equal cars into career mode makes sense.

You can say "more options", but this is something that could take some development and code testing to work.  If I'm wrong and it's easy then do it; but if it'd take any amount of time to develop and test i just don't think it makes sense to add to a career mode option.

Counter suggestion, make the option of equal cars in Grand Prix and Season mode but also add the option for the single player to use their chosen # and avatar in these modes so the casual player can get that extra level of immersion while just running one race or single season. (In these modes have player choose his between the 2 team drivers like now but add a third "card" to pick your avatar.  If you pick 'yourself' then allow the player to pick his teammate like in career mode).

Edited by brsteg
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

I would like to see Working progress pictures and videos of F1 2020 also tell us more information about the game such like release date and what instore the game itself. But I really would like that changeable liveries in career mode for each season like real life but not in f1 2020 game but I think it should be in next game.

Edited by MattyJCutler

HI everyone, I am new here and very new to F1. I have caught a big bug for it ever since I watched the Netflix series lol and don't want it to end. I've always been fascinated by the cars growing up however, just never followed the circuit until now really. Ive been watching past racing seasons and I am really enjoying being a new fan to the sport.

I have had F1 racing games before, the last one being 2011 I believe for ps3 and have since played the 2019 Demo on PS4. Im really torn right now. To buy it, it is still $80 CDN (i'm in Canada) and I see no date for the 2020 version, hence why I am here, and with all the popularity of F1 drivers participating in esports for 2019, makes me believe we wont see the game anytime soon!

Any Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, C4MPS said:

HI everyone, I am new here and very new to F1. I have caught a big bug for it ever since I watched the Netflix series lol and don't want it to end. I've always been fascinated by the cars growing up however, just never followed the circuit until now really. Ive been watching past racing seasons and I am really enjoying being a new fan to the sport.

I have had F1 racing games before, the last one being 2011 I believe for ps3 and have since played the 2019 Demo on PS4. Im really torn right now. To buy it, it is still $80 CDN (i'm in Canada) and I see no date for the 2020 version, hence why I am here, and with all the popularity of F1 drivers participating in esports for 2019, makes me believe we wont see the game anytime soon!

Any Thoughts?

Welcome to the team, mate.

Some people like Ben (Tiametmarduk) speculate that the 2020 cars (maybe tracks too) might be added into the 2019 game. After reading several articles, there is no verified date for the 2020 game yet. If I may say a ballpark estimate as to when we may receive any form of announcement of the game, I would shoot hopefully by this month, maybe into next month.

My estimate is no longer than by the end of May. If we do get an announcement later than May, I'll be fine with it. But that's just me and my guesses.

Thanks for that, I went and saw his youtube channel. Me, Im not sure they would add stuff to 2019 instead of releasing the new game. I wish they did though, as i think thats how sports games should be handled as they never change much during a consoles reign until next gens come out. If they did, it would be a first that I know of

I guess I will wait a bit and see what happens, I am sure something will be said soon enough!

2 hours ago, gabsn123 said:

any new predictions?

12th or 19th may they will announce the F1 2020 game i think

One thing I'd like to know since were talking about 2020 is does codemasters plan or have the PS5, Xbox Series 10 devkit's to optimize the game once their released?   

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

One thing I'd like to know since were talking about 2020 is does codemasters plan or have the PS5, Xbox Series 10 devkit's to optimize the game once their released?   

That a very good question with the new consoles due to come out in 2020. I going to guess after the bank holiday we might get a little update on the F1 2020 game 

58 minutes ago, advanceapple said:

the next game it will be released only for ps4, as happened with F1 2014 for ps3.

But both PS5 and Xbox Series X are backwards compatible. PS4 version of F1 2020 will work on PS5 and Xbox One version of F1 2020 will work on Xbox Series X. 

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

One of the leaked devkit photos that were released months ago came from a Codemasters developer. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

There has been some talk about equal car performance in single player, as an exclusively offline player in CM F1 games I have three responses...

NO, NO, NO!!!

Edited by chen255

8 hours ago, chen255 said:

There has been some talk about equal car performance in single player, as an exclusively offline player in CM F1 games I have three responses...

NO, NO, NO!!!

Okay, to reduce ambiguity, what I meant was equal cars in Grand Prix mode; not career mode...

...I guess it's not in favour anymore...

...I also wished I said it earlier...

• Disagree 1

OMG, I do not hope that is true, and if so, lets hope it’s optional. 

• Agree 3