Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

F1 2020 game release date

It would be nice to take advantage of the off season to develop the classic cars and add circuits in their later version (play Alpha romeo 158 in the old Nürburgring !)

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Involved In It said:

Okay, to reduce ambiguity, what I meant was equal cars in Grand Prix mode; not career mode...

...I guess it's not in favour anymore...

...I also wished I said it earlier...

No, I don’t want equal car performance in any of the single player modes where we race against the ai. I have only just purchased F12019 and for the first time in a CM F1 game I am intending to ignore career mode and spend all my time in Season Mode and Grand Prix mode. I definitely do not want my experience in these modes to be tainted by a hobbling of the ai to equal car performance in this or any other F1 title.

For those that want to be able to win in a backmarker or midfield car the option is already there to customise the experience to enable this via the ai difficulty slider. Personally, if I choose to race in one of those cars I want to be fighting for places at the rear or middle of the field. To me this can be just as satisfying as winning.

Edited by chen255

There's zero reason to be against the feature to add a car performance slider to select between Real and Equal; since that has been built into the game online and shouldn't take much effort from CM to code into offline.  Don't want equal cars, don't select it.
Yes, you could turn AI down to run any car and be able to win; but you'd have to monkey around with the AI setting for every car.  Be easier for the player to get a more consistent and therefor better experience to just be able to set the cars to equal performance.

More options, the broader audience you can sell to or keep happy.  The only limitation to "more options" is when things become difficult to code and take to much time or would make the storage space of the game unreasonable.

Seems to me like a bug sensitive solution. Better stick to the current (improved) situation.