F1 2020 game release date

When do you think will the game release be? In June? Will we get informations like last year this week?

I think we doesn't become a 2020 game. Maybe 2020 car update for f1 2019

1 hour ago, gabsn123 said:

They told us that game is already ready (at survey).

Please elucidate!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

So, should we be expecting a teaser trailer soon? Like that of F1 2019?

Edited by Involved In It
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 5:54 PM, gabsn123 said:

They said that the planning for the game is concluded.

Planning for the game doesn't necessarily mean completion, as planing could proceed actual coding of the game, as in most software shops.Ā 

On 3/23/2020 at 4:22 PM, gabsn123 said:

When do you think will the game release be? In June? Will we get informations like last year this week?

Is anyone even bothered about this game anymore, in the current climate

3 hours ago, audacious said:

Is anyone even bothered about this game anymore, in the current climate

This is the normal cycle of F1 games. New Trailer -> Hype -> Features announced -> Hype -> Small amount of people say that they will not buy the game -> Hype -> Game gets released -> most areĀ happy for about two weeks -> Problems start coming in -> People still consider the game good -> and then we come to this day in which most people active here are complaining.

• Haha 7
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

This is the normal cycle of F1 games. New Trailer -> Hype -> Features announced -> Hype -> Small amount of people say that they will not buy the game -> Hype -> Game gets released -> most areĀ happy for about two weeks -> Problems start coming in -> People still consider the game good -> and then we come to this day in which most people active here are complaining.

This is the normal cycle of F1 games. New Trailer -> Hype -> Features announced -> Hype -> Increasing amounts of people say that they will not buy the game -> Hype -> Game gets released on a Friday (Codies go to pub without leaving out of office auto answer on)Ā -> Despite 0 day patch game is still gimpedĀ -> More problems start coming in -> People consider the game a cut and paste of last year and a waste of moneyĀ -> Patches are released, sometimes fixing stuff and have the unintended (?) side effect of breaking other things> Cycle repeats > Much guff is promised on forums> Game continues to annoy people> Something else is released> Most people active here are complaining because the game is still broken.

Fixed it for you.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 8

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

This is the normal cycle of F1 games. New Trailer -> Hype -> Features announced -> Hype -> Increasing amounts of people say that they will not buy the game -> Hype -> Game gets released on a Friday (Codies go to pub without leaving out of office auto answer on)Ā -> Despite 0 day patch game is still gimpedĀ -> More problems start coming in -> People consider the game a cut and paste of last year and a waste of moneyĀ -> Patches are released, sometimes fixing stuff and have the unintended (?) side effect of breaking other things> Cycle repeats > Much guff is promised on forums> Game continues to annoy people> Something else is released> Most people active here are complaining because the game is still broken.

Fixed it for you.

Nice one Stevie! You forgot to add "wheel users stoked they get to compete on equal terms with pad users /patch nerfs wheel - boosts pad /wheel users cry in their beer"

šŸŽ”šŸ˜¢

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Last year on march 26th, F1 2019 was announced for released in june 2019.

I expect an announcement this week though forĀ release in june 26th 2020. If not, the release could be back in augustĀ 2020 like previous years.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Fixed it for you.

That's scarily accurate. Anyway with everywhere shut due to the Chinese flu. I'd be surprised any information comes to light before May. With a release date before September. Ā Ā 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1

On 3/23/2020 at 10:54 PM, gabsn123 said:

They said that the planning for the game is concluded.

That means that it's finally decided which feautures will be in the game and how the game will come out, but not that the game itself is ready.

Imagine you want to build a Lego model. Codies already have the instructions and the parts, but that doesn't mean they have a finished model.

I understand everyone wants news of F12020 but I think this could be a bit hard with no race data to go by at the mo plus flight bans to Zandvoort and Hanoi so Codemasteres can no laser scan the tracks

Laser scan? šŸ˜€ iam hardly doubt

3 hours ago, breezyskells22 said:

I understand everyone wants news of F12020 but I think this could be a bit hard with no race data to go by at the mo plus flight bans to Zandvoort and Hanoi so Codemasteres can no laser scan the tracks

They do have the internet. Laser scanning can be carried out by any subcontractor with suitable equipment and the resulting data sent over.

The only way that makes sense for me is that CM will release a DLC for the 2020 season for F1 2019 to safe resources and then will focus on a next-gen title which will come out next year. They only need to model two new tracks and 20 new cars, fix to bugs, make some adjustments and that's it.

• Disagree 1

well, without races because chinese virus will be very hard do the game, he donĀ“t know about lap times, car performances, what teams doing well, its really complicated and everything will be based on imagination, so i believe the release date back to end of august like before versions

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, squalles said:

well, without races because chinese virus will be very hard do the game, he donĀ“t know about lap times, car performances, what teams doing well, its really complicated and everything will be based on imagination, so i believe the release date back to end of august like before versions

already do a random aerodynamics, why not also do the times at random?

Posted (edited)

Do you really think that F1 2020 will not be released because they don't know the performance of the cars?

Edited by Giovy1006

On 3/29/2020 at 8:04 AM, breezyskells22 said:

If they are scanning those tracks they have scanned them already, way before the crisis started. Making a track from laser scan is SLIGHTLY more complicated than just scanning it and then pushing a button.

2 hours ago, Sector4 said:

If they are scanning those tracks they have scanned them already, way before the crisis started. Making a track from laser scan is SLIGHTLY more complicated than just scanning it and then pushing a button.

Can't they use the date obtained from testing, providing that each new car was testedĀ at Barcelona?! Tough call this F1Ā  2020 game!Ā 

Posted (edited)

Who cares about the perfomance. f1 2020 will have a perfect working safetycar. A multiplayer functionality without connection problems. No bump at suzuka, AI that really makes mistakes and crashes. Player cars that can have engine/technical failures, Full telemetry will be added like in GP4. Again who cares about the realistic car peformance. RELEASE THIS GAME

Besides this i just read the news that f1 2020 will contain all the 22 original planned tracks. Codemasters will not change the calender.Ā 

Edited by aartstyle