DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

IMPORTANT:

Read and understand this entire opening post before replying,

as providing the right amount of detail will help out the team immensely in tracking and resolving any bugs that arise, thanks.

DR2_McRae_Banner_Twitter.jpg

Before posting, please make sure to follow these guidelines.

Without adequate information the team will have trouble identifying and fixing bugs, so please provide as much info as you can:

• Check if a bug has already been reported in this thread.

• If you reported a bug in a previous version of the game, check your game first to see if it's been fixed.     

• If a bug has been reported and you are experiencing the same issue, hit the ❤️ icon.     

• The more popular bug posts will have a better chance of catching the attention of the team.

• If a bug cannot be reproduced, it cannot be fixed.     

• When you experience a bug, please try to trigger said bug again if you can, and show us the steps you went through to trigger it.     

• Text steps are good, video even better.     

• One bug per post please, for our tracking purposes. That way every bug gets its own URL for us to investigate.     

Please also provide the following:

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam, Microsoft or Oculus).     

• What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).    

• If you're playing on PC, state whether you're in 2D or VR.

• Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.     

Note:

As this is the final major update for the game, the scope of future updates will be significantly decreased.

Critical issues (crashes, savegame wipes etc.) take priority so please bear that in mind before you post.

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney

cannot access the 2000cc class cars in career mode/community events. This is despite the fact that I own all of them (have bought seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4).

Literally the only car that is showing up is the new Impreza 22b. the other cars don't appear at all.

Someone else on Facebook reported the same thing.

This is for the current (at time of writing) daily community event in Australia. I only have the Impreza selectable.

All cars still available in time trial etc.

PS4 (Pro), US PSN store.

Edited by Tranzitive

ps4 

The newly added Subaru S4 uses sequetial shifting when you select option Sequetion/Hshifter with clutch. 

It should behave like an H shifter car.

This bug is similar to the Renault Turbo one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

The new content added in 1.13 has made my game borderline unplayable on original Xbox One

I updated and installed the Mcrae pack in the same manner as I have done for every other update since launch

Tried the first scenario in Mcrae mode, on very hard (91%), completed the stage, passed the objective, and pressing continue at the end caused the game to crash to dashboard

Restarted the game and tried again, exact same outcome

Powered off console, even unplugging power lead for 30secs, and restarted

Tried again, same outcome

Restarted again and switched to medium difficulty (70%), same outcome

Restarted again and tried the Peugeot 205 scenario, on medium (70%), same outcome; crash to dashboard upon continuing after stage completion

Restarted again and successfully completed the My Team daily stage (205 in Scotland, great stage by the way!) as normal

Tried the Subaru S4 daily (Australia), and pressing continue after the stage caused a crash to dashboard as well

Restarted and thankfully my time was still logged

Started the Group-A Weekly (9stages Scotland), using the new Legacy. Have completed the first 3 stages, but each time pressing continue after the stage caused a game crash. Thankfully progress is being logged, but restarting the game after every stage is hardly ideal

I cannot complete any Mcrae scenario as the game crashes and progress is not saved

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, neil3646 said:

The new content added in 1.13 has made my game borderline unplayable on original Xbox One

I updated and installed the Mcrae pack in the same manner as I have done for every other update since launch

Tried the first scenario in Mcrae mode, on very hard (91%), completed the stage, passed the objective, and pressing continue at the end caused the game to crash to dashboard

Restarted again and tried the Peugeot 205 scenario, on medium (70%), same outcome; crash to dashboard upon continuing after stage completion

Restarted again and successfully completed the My Team daily stage (205 in Scotland, great stage by the way!) as normal

Tried the Subaru S4 daily (Australia), and pressing continue after the stage caused a crash to dashboard as well

Started the Group-A Weekly (9stages Scotland), using the new Legacy. Have completed the first 3 stages, but each time pressing continue after the stage caused a game crash. Thankfully progress is being logged, but restarting the game after every stage is hardly ideal

I cannot complete any Mcrae scenario as the game crashes and progress is not saved

My platform: Xbox one S

Version: 1.13. owner all seasons and Colin Mcrae DLC

I have same problem how neil3646. My game crashed every time i want try any Championships race in my career. Same in RX career. In Flat Out mode my game crashed every time when i finished stage. 

Only works daily races (one stage). Others mode my game crashed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

@PJTierney

cannot access the 2000cc class cars in career mode/community events. This is despite the fact that I own all of them (have bought seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4).

Literally the only car that is showing up is the new Impreza 22b. the other cars don't appear at all.

This is for the current (at time of writing) daily community event in Australia. I only have the Impreza selectable.

PS4 (Pro), US PSN store.

The same and for me. PS4 

3 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

@PJTierney

PS4 (Pro), US PSN store.

58 minutes ago, tjetfiat said:

The same and for me. PS4 

Guys, it is because the Daily Community event of Australia is just for the Impreza S4 WRC, not the whole 2000cc class. It is not a bug

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

@PJTierney

PS4 (Pro), US PSN store.

I think that Daily in particular was locked to the Impreza so people could try it out.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, AyrtJ97 said:

Guys, it is because the Daily Community event of Australia is just for the Impreza S4 WRC, not the whole 2000cc class. It is not a bug

Thanks for information. And the weekly? 

Probably the same, if I hear more I'll confirm.

Bonus Events usually serve as free samplers of DLC.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, tjetfiat said:

Thanks for information. And the weekly? 

It is the same. In the vehicles' box (bottom left of the screen) of the daily and weekly events, it just appears the Impreza S4, so you can only use that car.

• Thanks 1

No matter which car you drive in Scotland the engine sound is always too loud and so loud that the co-driver is very, very difficult to hear.

That is only in Scotland
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, lucasscz said:

My platform: Xbox one S

Version: 1.13. owner all seasons and Colin Mcrae DLC

I have same problem how neil3646. My game crashed every time i want try any Championships race in my career. Same in RX career. In Flat Out mode my game crashed every time when i finished stage. 

Only works daily races (one stage). Others mode my game crashed. 

Least its not just me, sorry to hear you have the same issues. Any other Xbox players having this problem?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, neil3646 said:

Least its not just me, sorry to hear you have the same issues. Any other Xbox players having this problem?

I noticed that a few people on Facebook DiRT groups reported the same problem when i reported mine problem. So you are not alone. (Only xbox)

• Like 2

Bonjour, 

Alors moi je suis sûr ps4 pro depuis la mise à jour 1.1.3, le son du copilote bug c'est à dire il est comme étouffé et sur certaines voitures le son grésille en gros la nouvelle mise à jour fait beuguer pas mal le son. 

Y'aura t-il une mise à jour pour remédier au problème. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, neil3646 said:

I can confirm, that the game crashes for me everytime in the 4th rally, after the first stage hitting "continue" in My Team Rally Career.
Though it was always a DLC rally when that happened, but I don't know if that is a factor.

And it already happened before the Colin McRae Flat Out Pack came out.
I can't finish a My Team Rally Career since at least august due to this crash happens 100% of the time.

Platform: X-Box One S (latest firmware & game update 1.13.0)
Version: Retail Deluxe + Seasons 3 & 4

7 minutes ago, lucasscz said:

I noticed that a few people on Facebook DiRT groups reported the same problem when i reported mine problem. So you are not alone. (Only xbox)

Seems to be a X-Box One/One S-specific problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
  • Same issue as other users reported, co-pilot sound volume is too low on Scotland.
  • I'm on Steam version (Deluxe+S3/4). After finishing today's Daily on Scotland under rain and then pressing "Continue", I had a familiar crash to desktop:

Clipboard01.png.df0d7956f152027f14f532076e1a81b8.png

This crash report was sent, like similar others in the past. These crashes were already random and prone to happen when finishing stages in rain, right after pressing on "Continue" the moment the menu becomes available (it crashes just before the usual "connecting to server"/red circle on lower left; maybe related to the graphics zoom/blur effect applied over the running replay on background at this point?).

I can't find a way to reliably reproduce. In the past it has happened more often after rainy New Zealand stages in career/community events. I've had about 9 crashes like these in ~200h of gameplay under 1.11 and 1.12 since I bought this game. No Steam file integrity problems are found. After that CTD, I've finished the Gr.A Weekly (also in Scotland with rain on most stages) without game crashes.

My system: FX8350/16GB/RX480 8GB on latest 20.3.1 drivers, 750W Seasonic platform PSU, W10 1909 updated, xbox 360 wired controller. System is stable under dozens of hours of stress testing in prime 95, hci memtest, karhu ramtest, etc and daily use/gaming

• On "Old Butterstone Muir Reverse" (today's Daily), near the 3rd checkpoint, after a tight left corner there's a small bridge. When going over it game stutters heavily and goes in slow motion, making it unplayable until a couple of seconds after its crossed. Just tried it again in time trial (wet surface) with same result as in the daily event. Will have to check if there's a particular graphics setting that can alleviate it, otherwise it's always stable at 60fps. Update: Now on the weekly, same thing happened on "Old Butterstone Muir", terrible stuttering/slowdown when passing over the small bridge. Update2: Graphics settings don't even seem to affect the fps drop, if I stop the car there it drops from 60 to 15fps w/ vsync until it's out of the affected area (end half of bridge on regular layout).
Edited by AlleyViper
clean/more info
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Hello, I'm on Ps4; I have a sound problem since the last update: -IN SCOTLAND the voice of the co-pilot is very low and IN SPAIN the engine sound is very low, this problem is with the 208 R2, SUBARU GR.A ....

Fix the problem quickly.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Xbox One X

Using standard Xbox One controller

24 March 2020

Since the pace notes for Scotland seem too late, I tried adjusting the pace note speed after selecting the Australia daily challenge. I made the change in the service park before the stage and the game crashed when I clicked apply. After restarting the game and changing the pace note speed to earlier in the main game settings, the game crashed after completing the stage and clicking continue.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, FlatOverCrest said:

Xbox One X

Using standard Xbox One controller

24 March 2020

Since the pace notes for Scotland seem too late, I tried adjusting the pace note speed after selecting the Australia daily challenge. I made the change in the service park before the stage and the game crashed when I clicked apply. After restarting the game and changing the pace note speed to earlier in the main game settings, the game crashed after completing the stage and clicking continue.

I haven't touched any settings on mine, but its that "pressing continue at the end of the stage" and the game crashing, same as for me

• Like 1

hello in the first special of the scotland rally, shortly after the start on the bridge (quite technical), i have a loss of FPS. I have 90 FPS in the whole game and there, on the bridge, I fall back to less than 20 FPS, it lasts a few seconds then more problem. It's only there in one way or the other. What is it about ? thank you

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, neil3646 said:

Having very similar issues as well, in career mode (but not every time) but can’t even get any of the new McRae scenarios to load before being bumped out to dash board. This has happened 7-8 times before giving up.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I think that Daily in particular was locked to the Impreza so people could try it out.

okay, great, thanks for the feedback.

since we're talking about the community events might as well mention that the last week or two the selection was a bit off. there were a lot of F2 events, a lot of one other type of car (think it was H2 or H3 RWD), and a LOT of R2 events seem to have come up last week. and some events were basically doubles, for example, there would be two events with H2 RWD at New Zealand (I know the exact stages were different, but having two H2 RWD or something events at the same location is more-or-less a double). 

There was also recently a bonus event which, if I remember correctly, used Group A at one of the base 6 locations, when my understanding is that the bonus events should use the DLC. So it wasn't really a 'bonus' event.

This week there seems to be more variety but the event generator seems to go a bit wonky every now and then. Since the game only has 1 or 2 patches left I'd really appreciate the team looking into it. 

Also, if there's an R2 monthly, for example, do we really need an R2 weekly in the same month since people can split their playtime for the monthly up over a longer time period, playing one event every week if they want? If certain cars and locations are used in the monthlies, ideally I'd like to see them appear less in the weakly and daily events for that month. Likewise if a car class and location are used in a weekly, would like those to appear less in the daily events. Just to give a bit more variety. Maybe that's too difficult to code in but just something to consider.

Edited by Tranzitive