DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tigron said:

Version 1.13 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

1st Bug

Yesterday 2020/04/17, USA Daily, windshield wipers suddenly stopped while the car was running on a heavy rain stage exactly in front of the series of hairpins. The car had no damage before the event. I use dashcam view, and for me such "unexpected moment" normally means DNF at once. This looks not very fair comparing to people using external cameras. Unfortunately, I could not reproduce it in replay. But in fact I had to almost stop to play around with wipers switch to make them work again.

P.S. Accidental hit of wipers switch is impossible. I have it in place where it is not easy to hit it by mistake. Also to shut down the wipers you need to press and hold the bottom and it will be visible in the replay. But in the replay everything was fine.

2nd Bug

Taday's 2020/04/18, Bonus Daily event, Metro MG in Argentina, the car suddenly teleported into the pillar on the 4th bridge. It is very clearly visible even in replay from helicopter view.

Developers, please explain how trajectory selection mechanism works. This video makes me suspect some dirty tricks behind the scene, replacing real simulation with randomization scripts.

1) I have had the wipers go off twice a while ago and reported it. It was in Australia and im pretty sure that was in the h3 ford.

2) seen exactly this happen to another guy on stream. On the same bridge and same spot. Looked super strange when in cockpit because it really launched the car away.

Edited by somethingthing

to me it looks like triggers which used to enable wipers randomly before v1.13, disables them right now for a while

Posted (edited)

When playing in VR, any attempt of renaming a car setup ends with a need to hard game reset (ALT+F4).

This bug is over hear at beginning of VR support and might be considered as game breaker (for sure for person who does that while being in the middle of championship). Unfortunately still not fixed despite it has been reported multiple times.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

On 3/28/2020 at 6:38 PM, aldt said:

Platform: PC Steam 2D
Setup: GTX 1070, Core i3, 16GB RAM
Peripherals: Xbox One S Controller

The Ford Fiesta OMSE Supercar Lites "carry over" the windshield status from previous crashes, even from other cars, even from other game modes. I don't know if it applies to any other cars. It is only fixed by restarting the game. A streamable link to the video of the bug is provided.

I had this one yesterday on the Steam version of the game.

I started a Pro level RX championship with the RX2 class, the first event was fine but after going back to the main menu and then continuing the championship, I always had a broken windscreen no matter what from there on. Even if the repair menu showed no body damage, and even if there was body damage but I repaired it, the windscreen was still broken. Moving on the the next event, still broken.

I did the entire championship in one sitting so I don't know if it was restarting the game that fixed it. Today I started the game, did the daily event with the RX2 Fiesta and then it was back to normal.

• Like 1

Bug on Steam version:

When going to your garage, picking a car and then Vehicle Options -> Test Drive it doesn't actually load your car. It loads a copy of your car with 0km on the odometer, and the distance you drive during the test drive does not count for the car history or for upgrade progress of the car in your garage.

Posted (edited)

Bonjour,

Travaillez vous sur la résolution du problème du succès "Flat out" qui ne se déverrouille pas?

Si oui, sera t il bien rétroactif?

Je suis sur Xbox One X.

J'attends votre réponse.

Edited by ThomasLH

On 4/14/2020 at 6:50 PM, Sigman21 said:

Unfortunately happens to me whether it is in the beginning or middle. I'm on my 5th career now. Can't get past it. Other events are telling me the file is currupted when it clearly isnt. Its frustrating as i am enjoying the game otherwise.

Hi all, I can report that since uninstalling and reinstalling the game on PS4 that the Spain loading screen problem appears to be fixed.

2 hours ago, Sigman21 said:

Hi all, I can report that since uninstalling and reinstalling the game on PS4 that the Spain loading screen problem appears to be fixed.

Okay, I am going to try the same here.

Bug on Steam version:

Inconsistencies in the interior of the H2 FWD VW Golf GTI in interior view vs. exterior view.

When using interior view and looking back in the Golf, there is something installed in the co-driver side rear window with a wire down to the floor. I'm not sure what it is, but it is not visible when looking at the car in exterior view.

Also it looks like the rear strut towers of the Golf are too far back in interior view (judging by their position in relation to the corner of the side window) compared to exterior view. I used to think it was an illusion but since I noticed the missing object in the rear side window I assume there are two different 3D models of the interior used for interior vs. exterior view, and the models seem to differ from each other in this case.

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2020 at 5:48 AM, somethingthing said:

1) I have had the wipers go off twice a while ago and reported it. It was in Australia and im pretty sure that was in the h3 ford.

2) seen exactly this happen to another guy on stream. On the same bridge and same spot. Looked super strange when in cockpit because it really launched the car away.

Ive been having it happen on Finland recently as well, wipers just turning off on me. I run with manual wiper control, but had to put it onto auto wiper control. Doesnt happen at all then. I would say this one is definetly a bug, and is something that needs looking into.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Agree 3

Im doing the SolbergWodrldCup and the game doesnt loads the 4th stage, Varmland...it does an endless loop, on PC, other stages work fine..

FOV adjust which DECREASE field of view, so no need more graphical power.
We really need that with consoles!
I think it´s bug because it´s on PC version, you just forgot put it to consoles!
With other CM titles like F1 2019 there is adjust for FOV and every serious other racing game from other gamehouses.

I need click 11 times zoom in until I´m in right FOV setting at my game position:

Posted (edited)

Version 1.13 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

Subaru WRX STI Rallycross black number on the dark window is almost invisible.

1993057893_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_04.22-00_59_03_82.jpg.6b5a272490d07ff2bcc25f9428185b9a.jpg

Edited by Tigron

Posted (edited)

Again, a ctd after finishing a daily in Scotland under heavy rain. This crash happened while the car upgrade graph animation was on screen, not right after pressing "continue" as usual, but probably while "communicating with server" was showing too. Report was sent, thanks in advance for looking into this random issue.

crash3.png

Edited by AlleyViper
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:41 PM, Deltone91 said:

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

20200325112253_1.thumb.jpg.86b72291ac8d58680f6211df69067629.jpg

20200325112351_1.thumb.jpg.0cda550e75c8df3ed03b867479fec1c3.jpg

20200325112933_1.thumb.jpg.edfaf431e302272ab0586f0b839fdc57.jpg

And the Group B Audi Quattro S1 E2

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Can we get the Steam nicknames back on the in-game leaderboards? Or are you guys obliged to display Racenet nicknames from now on?

If so, are you able to allow us to change our Racenet nicknames?

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

+1 to that

And in addition make result boards consistent because stage results shows different names than championship results

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Both Porsches also have wrong UI images. They are rear-engined, not mid-engined. Also Fiesta OMSE Supercar Lite is mid-engined, which is even said in the description but still UI image is front-engine

Edited by HoksuHoo

I cant seem to host a cross platform lobby combining players from Steam & PSN. I am running DR 2 from (PC Steam) and can only invite friends from Steam not from PSN. Can we invite RACENET friends to the Multiplayer Lobby?

• Haha 1

Bug on Steam version:

Polo GTI R5 gets fitted with broken auxiliary light bar prior to a dusk stage.

I am partaking in a Clubs championship running the R5 class, and for the current event I picked the Polo GTI R5. The first stage was in daylight, so the car was running without auxiliary lights. I had a bad moment on the first stage, went off and damaged the front badly. For the second stage which was a dusk stage, the Polo appears at the start with broken headlights (understandable) but it has been fitted with auxiliary lights which are also broken. Only half of the light unit is fitted (2 out of 4 lights), and that half is bent and crooked. For some reason the damage that the car sustained in the first stage seems to have been carried over to the auxiliary lights even though they weren't fitted during the first stage.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 1:21 AM, PaulNbg said:

And the Group B Audi Quattro S1 E2

The Audi Quattro is front engine 4WD, and it shows up as front engine 4WD in the game, so it is correct.

The picture isn't though very realistic since many front engined cars (including the Audi) have the entire engine in front of the front axle. The picture shows a layout with only part of the engine in front of the front axle (many FR cars are like this). In reality, such cars are a mix of front engined and front-mid engined, but for simplicity's sake they are generally categorized as front engined.

True front-mid engined cars (such as the DS 21) need their own picture though, since the other kind of mid engine (rear-mid engine) has its own picture.

• Agree 1

Version 1.13 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

Renault Sport Clio R.S. S1600 driver pants are visible through the seat.

515335851_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_04.25-12_41_07_99.jpg.b05edfd40eddafad16503a76c90d31fe.jpg

• Haha 1

PS4. Watch The Delta trophy will not unlock. I have bought each Group A car, multiple timea now actually, and it still won't unlock, and it seems like this is a recurring issue for the last 2 years. 

Similarly, 2 days ago, I finished a Rallycross Daily Challenge, my time was shown on the leaderboard as being Top 100 yet when I went to the Events screen afterwards, it came up as DNF, which is just incorrect. At no point did I even get an error message, and as I said, I saw the leaderboars after my Rallycross event with my time and name clearly there