DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

Posted (edited)

Xbox One X

V1.13.0

Central USA

Standard Xbox One controller

I keep encountering a bug on the repair screen (multiple times with different cars) where I select the repair action that I want, scroll down or up and it switches the repairs back to "no fix". This is preventing me from making repairs where I have to scroll down to get to additional items.

Edited by FlatOverCrest

On the final stage of the NR4 New Zealand Weekly Challenge, the rain was simply broken. 

Incredibly huge white strands down the screen making it impossible to see. 

PS4. G29 also a device. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, BraddersVee said:

On the final stage of the NR4 New Zealand Weekly Challenge, the rain was simply broken. 

Incredibly huge white strands down the screen making it impossible to see. 

PS4. G29 also a device. 

Had the same problem in career in Germany rally !! Couldn’t see a thing !!

When I start the game, the PS4 (Pro) switches to HDR, which causes the colours to pale. DR2 is the only game where I have to turn up the colour of the TV when I start and turn it down when I turn the game off. Every damn time.

Desde ayer por la tarde 29/4/20 cuando inicio el Dirt Rally 2.0 desde steam en oculus me sale un cartel diciendo " Dirt RAlly 2.0 no es compatible con el visor activo en este momento" Alguien sabe el porque? el dia anterior estube jugando sin problemas. Gracias

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Interestingly, this rain issue appears only for particular players. For most it looks ok.
Personally I never experienced it (VR/Vive). But there are reports over the forum from non-VR and VR users.
My guess is it might depends on chosen resolution (maybe aspect ratio) or gfx settings.

Devs might give an idea what is responsible for such rain animation. But never did so far

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

I’ve had rain bug thankfully only once, on PS4. I think it happens randomly on all formats irregardless of settings, going by what I’ve read of other users experiences.

@PJTierney This error has popped up on the steam version of Dirt Rally 2, the game is stating my Oculus Rift is no longer supported. Its only happening with Dirt Rally 2. Varifying game files didnt help, I am just in the process of reinstalling Dirt Rally 2 after removing all traces of it from my harddrive. The annoying thing is, I have just spent the past week and a half setting up and testing to live stream Dirt Rally 2 on twitch, making overlays, transistions and scene screens, and this was just about to go live for the first full non test stream.

541546757_OculusMode.png.be8a1d9dc6f81da312001f42b82fdc63.png

All my other OculusSDK supported VR games run without issue, its only with Dirt Rally 2.0.

Intel core i7 6700k@4.2GHz
16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX@3000MHz
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming Motherboard.
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X plus 8GB

My setup is still the same, nothing has changed on that front. I ran the game last night in Oculus mode without issue, the computer was on all night. My system has not recieved any windows updates since the 14/04/2020. No drivers have changed. I installed NDI for offload recording/streaming to my gaming laptop, but the game has been run multiple times since installing NDI without issue in Oculus VR Mode.

List of games I play that run on the Oculus SDK via Steam.

Dirt Rally 1
Assetto Corsa
Project cars 2

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

@PJTierney This error has popped up on the steam version of Dirt Rally 2, the game is stating my Oculus Rift is no longer supported. Its only happening with Dirt Rally 2. Varifying game files didnt help, I am just in the process of reinstalling Dirt Rally 2 after removing all traces of it from my harddrive. The annoying thing is, I have just spent the past week and a half setting up and testing to live stream Dirt Rally 2 on twitch, making overlays, transistions and scene screens, and this was just about to go live for the first full non test stream.

All my other OculusSDK supported VR games run without issue, its only with Dirt Rally 2.0.

Intel core i7 6700k@4.2GHz
16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX@3000MHz
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming Motherboard.
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X plus 8GB

My setup is still the same, nothing has changed on that front. I ran the game last night in Oculus mode without issue, the computer was on all night. My system has not recieved any windows updates since the 14/04/2020. No drivers have changed. I installed NDI for offload recording/streaming to my gaming laptop, but the game has been run multiple times since installing NDI without issue in Oculus VR Mode.

List of games I play that run on the Oculus SDK via Steam.

Dirt Rally 1
Assetto Corsa
Project cars 2

I had the same thing happen a while back and i solved it by going into steam > settings and disable steam beta participation. The game still worked for me when i pressed "ok" though so maybe its not the same issue but worth a shot.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

I had the same thing happen a while back and i solved it by going into steam > settings and disable steam beta participation. The game still worked for me when i pressed "ok" though so maybe its not the same issue but worth a shot.

If it carries in after the reinstall, i will give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion.

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

WRONG NOTE WITH ITALIAN CO-DRIVER

MONTE CARLO RALLY  (Col de Turini Dèpart - Col de Turini Sprint en descente)

2101157162_ColdeTuriniDpart-ColdeTuriniSprintendescente.thumb.jpg.203a6f645f163722318f02d663ada098.jpg

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

WRONG UI FORD FIESTA OMSE RX2

1763154870_Senzatitolo-2.thumb.jpg.8fd3b19f1b97f68b74cfb32ce7e4c1be.jpg

Posted (edited)
Hace 16 horas, algo dijo:

Hace un tiempo sucedió lo mismo y lo resolví ingresando a steam> configuración y deshabilitando la participación beta de steam. El juego aún funcionó para mí cuando presioné "ok", así que tal vez no sea el mismo problema, pero vale la pena intentarlo.

Edited by Jaume84

Hace 17 horas, Ialyrn dijo:

@PJTierney Este error apareció en la versión Steam de Dirt Rally 2, el juego indica que mi Oculus Rift ya no es compatible. Solo sucede con Dirt Rally 2. La modificación de los archivos del juego no modificado, solo estoy en el proceso de reinstalar Dirt Rally 2 después de eliminar todos los rastros de mi disco duro. Lo molesto es que acabo de pasar la última semana y medios configurando y probando la transmisión en vivo de Dirt Rally 2 en twitch, haciendo superposiciones, transmisiones y pantallas de escenas, y esto fue un punto de inicio en vivo para la primera prueba completa. corriente Todos mis otros juegos de realidad virtual compatibles con OculusSDK se ejecutan sin problemas, solo con Dirt Rally 2.0. Intel Core i7 6700k@4.2GHz16gb Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3000MHz MSI Z170A Krait Gaming Motherboard. MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X plus 8GB Mi configuración sigue siendo la misma, nada ha cambiado en ese frente. Ejecutar el juego anoche en modo Oculus sin problemas, la computadora estaba encendida toda la noche. Mi sistema no ha recibido ninguna actualización de Windows desde el 14/04/2020. Ningún conductor ha cambiado. Instale NDI para descargar la grabación / transmisión en mi computadora portátil para juegos, pero el juego se ha ejecutado varias veces desde que instalé NDI sin problemas en el Modo Oculus VR. Lista de juegos que se ejecutan en Oculus SDK a través de Steam. Dirt Rally 1 Assetto Corsa Project cars 2

Encontró la solución, inicialo desde dentro del hogar de steam vr. me pasaba lo mismo.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jaume84 said:

Encontró la solución, inicialo desde dentro del hogar de steam vr. me pasaba lo mismo.

I have an oculus rift, I dont want to run the SteamVR version. Its performance is rubbish on an Oculus Device, which is why Codemasters added the OculusSDK version to steam, so that Oculus Users have better performance in line with the Oculus Store version.

By the way @PJTierney I am not the only one having this issue. So it must be a game and/or steam thing. I tried @somethingthing suggestion, but I am not enrolled in the steam beta channel anyway. Thinking about it though, I did get a steam update the day before that error message started to pop up. So I may change to the beta channel temporally to see if it gets rid of it. And my other half is having the same issue on his gaming laptop with his Oculus Rift S (he owns the game and all DLC also on Steam).

The only game it pops up with though, out of all those I own that nativly support the OculusSDK like Dirt Rally 2 does, is Dirt Rally 2. I ran all my other games without that warning popping up.

The game will still run regardless, but I am getting stuttering and framedrops. So something has seriously screwed up somewhere.

To note, I have reinstalled the game and the Oculus software and drivers.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/690790/discussions/0/2271447149935942586/

Update - I have tried the Steam Beta turned on, its still the same. I have also tried Oculus beta channel also, and again, its still happening.

Edited by Ialyrn

image.thumb.png.7e49619f0071212e2aebf81577a66b67.pngss

Steam says 
"DIRT RALLY 2.0 is not compatible with the currently active display"

the display is Oculus rift S

Correct drivers

Why is this happening?

yo lo iniciare por steamvr de momento hasta que reparen esto. 

Posted (edited)

Apparently i have forgot to report but im also having "vr not supported". The performance is not as solid as it was previously. CV1.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it thinking it was my problem. But it wasn't. It's the new version of Dirt's problem. I think.

8 hours ago, Jaume84 said:

yo lo iniciare por steamvr de momento hasta que reparen esto. 

De todas formas, si le dices que si y palante el juego inicia... aunque no se si tiene pérdidas de rendimiento. Ayer me crasheó tras una carrera, yo diría que a causa de esto.. pero no estaría seguro.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Apparently i have forgot to report but im also having "vr not supported". The performance is not as solid as it was previously. CV1.

Seems to be a lot more people coming forward with this now as well,  on here and on steam. Any chance you can let us know if this has been passed up?   @PJTierney

Its is negatively effecting performance on the oculus sdk version on steam.

Edited by Ialyrn

Version 1.14 isn’t far away (looking at early May). Can you hold off until then and report if it’s still happening after that?

If it’s a thing that requires a game update, you’re either waiting to see if it’s in 1.14 or you will have to wait for 1.15.

10 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Version 1.14 isn’t far away (looking at early May). Can you hold off until then and report if it’s still happening after that?

If it’s a thing that requires a game update, you’re either waiting to see if it’s in 1.14 or you will have to wait for 1.15.

In this instance, not really. This is something new that only appeared in the last 2 days. Ive put about an extra 30 hours into the game in the past week alone, testing and setting up things for live streaming dirt rally 2, to make sure everything works right with the video and especially the audio. And although it isn't stopping me from playing the game. There is a noticable drop in performance, which is making the game stutter when in vr, especially when using obs. A performance hit that wasnt there prior to this issue appearing. Which is impossible to show you in video by the way,  as the hmd runs at 90fps. So you cant see it in a 60fps or 30fps recording. But as i stated previously when vr was first added. Stutter in vr makes you feel sick rather quickly, and makes a game unplayable if it happens often.

Ive even gone as far as far making all this stuff in order to differentiate myself from other dirt rally live streamers and add my own personality into it. During said testing

I would be very surprised if a new, and i have to assume, currently uninvestigated bug, is patched in the coming update. Not unless you have already recieved reports on this particular issue prior to 2 days ago?

You have known me long enough to know that i dont normally kick up a fuss about this stuff PJ,  we have interacted for years on gtp and forza forums, so you have seen many a time that I will happily find work arounds. There isnt one in this instance, it even happens with shaders set to low. This is an issue that someone needs to look into. Either a recent steam update did this, an oculus update, or just something random happened. And it is only effecting oculus sdk users on steam, far as i can tell. And for me, its only happening with dirt rally 2. Dirt rally 1 is unaffected. I have run assetto corsa and project cars 2 in oculus mode also. And no problems there.

• Like 1

I'll ask next week, need to properly digest the issue you're describing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'll ask next week, need to properly digest the issue you're describing.

Ive noticed a few more reports of it happening on the steam forums as well. Oculus headsets not been recognized in oculus vr mode, as well as lower performance. Plus, as pointed out before. The rift cv1 on my desktop and my other halfs rift s on his gaming laptop, is having the exact same issue.