DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

The game itself hasn't been updated since end of March, so no changes to the code there.

My only line of thinking right now is that it was an Oculus or Steam update.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The game itself hasn't been updated since end of March, so no changes to the code there.

My only line of thinking right now is that it was an Oculus or Steam update.

The last update I recieved for the Oculus Rift was 17 days ago. The update from a day ago, was me swapping to the "public test channel" to see if it solved the issue. It didnt.
591073645_Riftupdate.png.9272eb58581728f2460726c201f408a4.png

I did recieve a steam update that I restarted steam for the evening before this issue showed itself, that is the only update I received for anything prior to this issue starting. I havnt even had a Windows 10 update since 14/04/2020. Which was "KB4549951". Nor have I had an Nvidia display driver update, or anything else.

I have also swapped to the Steam client beta channel, also in the hopes this issue is resolved, but no such luck. I will still be able to stream in SteamVR by offloading to my Laptop via HDMI (using fullscreen output in OBS to a secondery HDMI monitor). But it is less than ideal than the setup I was testing in the Oculus Rift mode prior to this issue appearing. As pointed out, there is a noticable hit to performance in the game. I tested with with and without OBS running, and the performance issues are there regardless.

Whatever has caused this, its random in how its suddenly appeared; and chances are it was a steam update that caused it. But I am only getting it with Dirt Rally 2.0. The other games I mentioned, I run them all in Oculus VR mode, and they all run without issues or any performance hit. Its an odd issue, which is why I am stressing the importance of it being looked into. I do understand it is Saturday now though, so no issues about no one looking into it till Monday. But it is an issue that needs resolving. If it was a steam update thats done it, then it really is the responsbility of Codemasters to highlight it. Once the proper investigation has been done obviously, to find out what is causing it.

Edited by Ialyrn

Posted (edited)

Its probably that steam beta that caused it for me previously that got out of beta and was released to everyone in a regular steam update.

Edited by somethingthing

Trophy DLC mcrea scenarios are glitch.....not popped!!!!

Posted (edited)

Can confirm as well that the last latest Steam update causes the effect described above, Rift S "not supported" popup when starting DR2.0 with /othervr Oculus SDK option.

This is the only VR-related note on the Steam relnotes:
SteamVR

• Filtered out Oculus SDK launch options while SteamVR is running using a non-Oculus headset.
Edited by Kur Delli