DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

Problem with Team Garage ofter Flat Out DLC and 1.13 update. Cars are disapearing from my Team Garage. Yesterday i noticed that the Audi Quattro S2 was gone, now it's the Opel Kadett, the FIAT 131 and Alpine 110.

PC Win10 1909

Resetting all progress as a last resort did do nothing, got all the game credits back, but some cars from Season Packs and bought via Steam are now missing.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Finland in daytime/clear and daytime/overcast has a horrible looking thick fog on it. Completely unrealistic for the weather (I live in Finland so I would know, also every single Finnish player says this is not even close to how it looks like in reality), looks painfully awful, and you can barely see the road in what should be crystal clear weather with no fog at all.

20191112171257_1.thumb.jpg.015ea159971092ea94808cf7afa400cf.jpg20191112171129_1.thumb.jpg.41ea1655ff84de477c4eb01202c61737.jpg

20200121135529_1.thumb.jpg.9efc7d5df25f39f65889177826d87041.jpg20200121135222_1.thumb.jpg.d343b7156516f8a23bfc2ea1dbbdc417.jpg

Scotland is almost as foggy, and Wales is pretty poor looking in daytime as well. I wouldn't know if it's realistic in those locations or not, but given the fog is "for performance reasons" then probably not. How come daytime looks so awful compared to other weathers? How come you can get other weathers to run ok without a thick fog and while looking good but not daytime? Boggles the mind.

Yes, I know that you said it's "for performance reasons" but that just isn't a good enough answer. Adding this kind of horrible fog that makes it look awful is absolutely not the right way to increase performance. What you should do is get rid of the fog, or at least tone it down, and increase performance in other ways. The kind of ways the leave daytime Finland looking decent and at least somewhat like reality.

Look at this. This is a comparison of Finland in Dirt Rally vs. Dirt Rally 2.0. You can see it looks FAR better in DR1, because low graphical fidelity without the fog is far better than high graphical fidelity with a horrible fog slapped on it that completely ruins its looks. Your "visual upgrade" has left daytime Finland looking far worse that it did in DR1.

These fake promo screenshots, with no fog at all, are what the real game should look like. As it stands this might as well be from a completely different game. The fact that you can't show real screenshots of daytime Finland would kind of suggest even you at Codemasters are not too happy with how it looks like.

DR2_Location_Finland-(2).jpg

• Steam, super deluxe edition
  • 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, SSD, Windows 10, SB Z
  • 2D, 2560x1440 60Hz
  • Logitech G920+shifter   
Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)

In rallycross qualifying the random times from other heats are often massively faster than the AI drivers in your heat. They should be around the same level but there can be a 7-20 second mismatch.

I play career mode on elite level, or freeplay with 80-90 difficulty, and on most tracks there is a 7-8 second gap between the physical drivers you race against and the random AI times. On Killarney it's 16-20 which is just mind-boggling. 4-5 seconds per lap on a 1km track. That is a staggering mismatch. 7-8 seconds for 4 laps is huge and that is on most tracks.

20200124004523_1.jpg

20200124004527_1.jpg

This makes offline racing impossible. I can't have the kind of race where I have good close racing in both qualifying (where I compete against the random times) and in semi-finals/finals (where I compete against physical AI opponents) because there is a huge gap in their levels.

In freeplay if I set the difficulty so that physical AI drivers are around my level, then I will never get past qualifying since the random times are far faster. I could win semi-finals and finals on that difficulty but I will never get there. If I set the difficulty so that random times are around my level, then semi-finals and finals are laughable since the AI drivers are way too slow for me.

To qualify for semi-finals and finals you need to set the difficulty so far below your level that you win semi-finals and finals by a huge margin.

This kills offline rallycross.

• 2D, 2560x1440 60Hz
  • Logitech G920+shifter
Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Sound problems !? the sound (announcements copilot / Tanja Geilhausen) is constantly loud and quiet! what's going on there..!?? Engine / exhaust sound sounds strange!

I Hope for Support!

German:
Tonprobleme!?
der Ton (Ansagen Copilotin /Tanja Geilhausen) wird ständig laut und leise!  
was ist da los..!??
Motor/Auspuffsound klingt seltsam!

Ich hoffe auf Unterstützung!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, FabLATTES said:

Hallo, ich bin auf Ps4; Ich habe seit dem letzten Update ein Soundproblem: -IN SCHOTTLAND ist die Stimme des Copiloten sehr leise und IN SPANIEN ist das Motorengeräusch sehr leise, dieses Problem ist beim 208 R2, SUBARU GR.A ....

Beheben Sie das Problem schnell.

Vielen Dank

Me to

Sound problems !? the sound (announcements copilot / Tanja Geilhausen) is constantly loud and quiet! what's going on there..!?? Engine / exhaust sound sounds strange!

I Hope for Support!

German:
Tonprobleme!?
was ist da los..!??

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Ford RS200 has a very low-res and blurry texture between bonnet and dashboard. I have been reporting this since like September

20190917212040_1.thumb.jpg.fa30b41e88cd280e85180aec74abe12c.jpg

• 2D, 2560x1440 60Hz
  • Logitech G920+shifter   
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

When using cockpit view with the lowest field of view, the driver position is far too much forward with many cars. The driver position adjust is very limited in DR2.0 and bizarrely does not allow moving backwards from default position.

The default driver positions were changed with many cars in 1.12 update, and in many cars the update made the position worse than it was

How a cockpit view with lowest FOV should look like (notice A-pillar and instruments well visible):

20200121234013_1.thumb.jpg.b635d02bd2fe4808335884b262410553.jpg

How it looks like with most cars. See how much closer to the windshield this is than the Impreza NR4 above. A lot of room to move backwards but you can't

20200325092227_1.thumb.jpg.c5cc3c908c4b47cb8eea67e6414a6a04.jpg

Porsche 911 SC RS isn't even a cockpit view anymore, more like a dashboard view. Few other cars like 037, Stratos, 205 T16 with the same problem. Waaay too much forward

Porsche 911 SC RS

20200121190801_1.thumb.jpg.0110f9bdcdc19083eb023a9b6f96f8d7.jpg

Lancia 037

20200409185011_1.thumb.jpg.abfae9cc5603f1e48b830045d8e809be.jpg

Could you please fix the driver position adjust feature so players can properly adjust the driver position to preference? It's far too limited as is. Allow more movement, in any direction

Or at least fix the default positions. 911 SC RS and 037 especially

• 2D, 2560x1440 60Hz
  • Logitech G920+shifter   

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

In rallycross qualifying the random times from other heats are often massively faster than the AI drivers in your heat. They should be around the same level but there can be a 10-20 second mismatch.

I've had the same experience today (1.13) when trying to go for the Sunday Driver achievement (requires 100% AI). After winning comfortably 4 qualifiers in Hell under Heavy Rain (didn't block faster cars behind me), I then missed Semi-Finals by a surprising difference. Previously on 1.12 I've seen the same under career on Elite level (WRX 2018 class) on a few tracks, while not so much with RX2 where it became way easier to advance to Masters.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, jec7342 said:

hello in the first special of the scotland rally, shortly after the start on the bridge (quite technical), i have a loss of FPS. I have 90 FPS in the whole game and there, on the bridge, I fall back to less than 20 FPS, it lasts a few seconds then more problem. It's only there in one way or the other. What is it about ? thank you

Same here. Those stages where that bridge (for example Old Butterstone Muir both ways and the longer versions where those stages are) cause a huge loss of fps. Elsewhere not so much. 

Yeah, I know I play on laptop but this game works just fine in other lcoations. Scotland is causing problems, especially those 4 stages.

PC, steam super deluxe

Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2,60 Hz GTX 980M 16Gb ram Win10 

2D 1920x1080 60Hz

xbox one controller

Edited by LoreCloudhaven
Added more info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MadDogYT said:

Me to

I Hope for Support!

German:
Tonprobleme!?
was ist da los..!??

Das ist aber nur in Schottland

Only in Scotland

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, FabLATTES said:

Hello, I'm on Ps4; I have a sound problem since the last update: -IN SCOTLAND the voice of the co-pilot is very low and IN SPAIN the engine sound is very low, this problem is with the 208 R2, SUBARU GR.A ....

Fix the problem quickly.

Thank you

The Peugot 208 R2 and the Seat Ibiza Kitcar always have a loud engine noise that has nothing to do with Spain
I only know that Tanja speaks loudly and quietly from Scotland

But I can confirm that Tanja speaks too quietly in Scotland or that the engine noise is too loud

In any case, engine noise and co-driver in Scotland are not coordinated

PS4

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MadDogYT said:

Me to

I Hope for Support!

German:
Tonprobleme!?
was ist da los..!??

Same sound problem here (steam version) (french co-driver) only in Scotland (copy/past of the steam thread) :

- sync is completly off, so I almost drive "blind" (on every Scotland stages there's a moment where the codriver is calling way after i made the turn or anything)
- his voice is bugged/undermixed (still only on Scotland stages), so it's difficult to ear him
- errors in directions (left instead of right, parts missing)
me issue

Edited by Atticus595
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AlleyViper said:

On "Old Butterstone Muir Reverse" (today's Daily), near the 3rd checkpoint, after a tight left corner there's a small bridge. When going over it game stutters heavily and goes in slow motion, making it unplayable until a couple of seconds after its crossed. Just tried it again in time trial (wet surface) with same result as in the daily event. Will have to check if there's a particular graphics setting that can alleviate it, otherwise it's always stable at 60fps. Update: Now on the weekly, same thing happened on "Old Butterstone Muir", terrible stuttering/slowdown when passing over the small bridge. Update2: Graphics settings don't even seem to affect the fps drop, if I stop the car there it drops from 60 to 15fps w/ vsync until it's out of the affected area (end half of bridge on regular layout).

I am for sure getting this same bug. Also seeing it reported on Reddit and in the Dirty Discord. I tried disabling ground cover but it didn't help. It drops frames so hard it's probably under 10 for a second or two and there is a tendancy to crash the car at the corner right after, you're so distracted.

Oculus Rift S, 1080 Ti, 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (old 2012 Mac Pro), latest Windows 10 & Nvidia drivers.

(BTW, I was racing a guy who was using a wide screen monitor and he wasn't seeing it at all, so it's not affecting everyone. I don't know if it's related to graphics card or VR or…)

Edited by heavyboots
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Interior lighting in Subaru Legacy does not work, no light at all other than shift light and gear indicator

20200325122622_1.thumb.jpg.baf4c283f8112ebb68558b2d58643192.jpg

20200410115648_1.thumb.jpg.d424e259682abd1858ae9973801967fe.jpg

• 2D, 2560x1440 60Hz
  • Logitech G920+shifter   
Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Getting this error on todays Daily. Also sound was fine, but after tuning car and returning to start of the Stage the audio was very quiet and no engine sounds at all, I am also getting stuttering at the bridge that others have mentioned. Windows 10.

Failed.JPG

Edited by Dunoon
Added operating system info.
  • Like 1

Apparently theres no new setup save slot added so we wont be able to save a setup to each (gravel) location. Maybe this is something you could look into and add in a upcoming patch?

19 hours ago, neil3646 said:

The new content added in 1.13 has made my game borderline unplayable on original Xbox One

I updated and installed the Mcrae pack in the same manner as I have done for every other update since launch

Tried the first scenario in Mcrae mode, on very hard (91%), completed the stage, passed the objective, and pressing continue at the end caused the game to crash to dashboard

Restarted the game and tried again, exact same outcome

Powered off console, even unplugging power lead for 30secs, and restarted

Tried again, same outcome

Restarted again and switched to medium difficulty (70%), same outcome

Restarted again and tried the Peugeot 205 scenario, on medium (70%), same outcome; crash to dashboard upon continuing after stage completion

Restarted again and successfully completed the My Team daily stage (205 in Scotland, great stage by the way!) as normal

Tried the Subaru S4 daily (Australia), and pressing continue after the stage caused a crash to dashboard as well

Restarted and thankfully my time was still logged

Started the Group-A Weekly (9stages Scotland), using the new Legacy. Have completed the first 3 stages, but each time pressing continue after the stage caused a game crash. Thankfully progress is being logged, but restarting the game after every stage is hardly ideal

I cannot complete any Mcrae scenario as the game crashes and progress is not saved

18 hours ago, lucasscz said:

My platform: Xbox one S

Version: 1.13. owner all seasons and Colin Mcrae DLC

I have same problem how neil3646. My game crashed every time i want try any Championships race in my career. Same in RX career. In Flat Out mode my game crashed every time when i finished stage. 

Only works daily races (one stage). Others mode my game crashed. 

16 hours ago, neil3646 said:

Least its not just me, sorry to hear you have the same issues. Any other Xbox players having this problem?

Noted on the Xbox issue.

I had no trouble yesterday on my One X, so I've clarified that it's a critical base/S issue.

12 hours ago, jec7342 said:

hello in the first special of the scotland rally, shortly after the start on the bridge (quite technical), i have a loss of FPS. I have 90 FPS in the whole game and there, on the bridge, I fall back to less than 20 FPS, it lasts a few seconds then more problem. It's only there in one way or the other. What is it about ? thank you

Need more info, check first post.

6 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Finland in daytime/clear and daytime/overcast has a horrible looking thick fog on it. [...]

As mentioned before, this is intentional for various reasons. You can stop reporting it.

Regarding screenshots, those were taken from an in-progress build of the game months before release. I'll hold my hands up and say that should have been made clearer. 

For what it's worth I have tended to avoid using Finland location screenshots in social/promo posts for the past few months due to this discrepancy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Platform: X-Box One S (latest firmware & game version 1.13.0)

Version: Retail Deluxe + Season 3&4 + Colin Flat Out Pack (all DLC that exists installed)

Description:

Scotland -> Newhouse Bridge -> 2nd half of the track (sectors 5-8)

There are 3 pace notes coming WAY too late. You can't react on those.

1st: The first "2 right".

2nd: The "3 left" were a stone is in the middle of the road splitting two roads.

3rd: The "2 right" close to the end, followed by a very slow left hairpin.

These 3 are very critical, because if you don't know these corners are coming, you will crash.
This applies to visual (the arrows on screen) and voice (only tested Phill Mills).
Experienced in several game modes with SUBARU Legacy RS and SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally.

• Like 3

I drove 6 stages in Scotland today and have to correct myself again

The sound problem in Scotland is the co-driver, sometimes it is loud, sometimes very quiet
  • Like 3

Thanks @PJTierney for noting the problems some of us are having on Xbox. Hopefully something can be sorted soon 🤞

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, neil3646 said:

Thanks for noting the problems some of us are having on Xbox. Hopefully something can be sorted soon 🤞

@neil3646 

Have you changed any input settings?

Do you play with pad or wheel?

Are you signed into Racenet when you get this crash?

What difficulty are you playing on?

Any info would be great to help us solve this. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

@neil3646 

Have you changed any input settings?

Do you play with pad or wheel?

Are you signed into Racenet when you get this crash?

What difficulty are you playing on?

Any info would be great to help us solve this. Cheers.

I’ve not changed any settings from my usual I’ve played with since launch. I play with controller. Yes I’m signed in to racenet at all times. I’ve tried the scenarios on both medium and very hard and it crashes at stage end/ press continue every time. Also crashes at the end of every stage I’m trying to complete in the daily and weekly events in My Team

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, FabLATTES said:

Hello, I'm on Ps4; I have a sound problem since the last update: -IN SCOTLAND the voice of the co-pilot is very low and IN SPAIN the engine sound is very low, this problem is with the 208 R2, SUBARU GR.A ....

Fix the problem quickly.

Thank you

Hello, I just played again today. 
-For the sound it is necessary to modify in the options THE MOTOR and the COPILOT for each rally differ (Spain, Monte Carlo, Finland, England). The sound settings are not the same for each country. Also the volume of the co-pilot's voice was not stable during the lap times.  
Since this update very big problems of his co-pilot / engine ...... 

I'm on Ps4 and I'm playing against the clock. 

I am in France
Edited by FabLATTES
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, neil3646 said:

I’ve not changed any settings from my usual I’ve played with since launch. I play with controller. Yes I’m signed in to racenet at all times. I’ve tried the scenarios on both medium and very hard and it crashes at stage end/ press continue every time. Also crashes at the end of every stage I’m trying to complete in the daily and weekly events in My Team

I’ve got a video of what happens but it’s too large to attach here

1 minute ago, neil3646 said:

I’ve got a video of what happens but it’s too large to attach here

If you could reduce the file size some how or post it on another site and link it? might help.