F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

20200325112253_1.thumb.jpg.86b72291ac8d58680f6211df69067629.jpg

20200325112351_1.thumb.jpg.0cda550e75c8df3ed03b867479fec1c3.jpg

20200325112933_1.thumb.jpg.edfaf431e302272ab0586f0b839fdc57.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, FabLATTES said:

Mr CODEMASTERS thank you for fixing this sound problem as soon as possible ..... ?????

If we can have an answer ?????
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Wrong Gearbox

1 - Subaru WRX Sti NR4,  in game use Manual H shifter gearbox.

20200325112459_1.thumb.jpg.a27e741027f5b740b6e8cc7ed425d35c.jpg

2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X NR4,  in game use Sequential shifter gearbox.

20200325112508_1.thumb.jpg.60db06077f8bebad9bec98fc3ee3d757.jpg

3 - Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Rallycross,  in game use Sequential shifter gearbox.

20200325124710_1.thumb.jpg.13887323c6108754d4e129addf47c69f.jpg

4 - Subaru Impreza S4,  in game use Sequential shifter gearbox.

20200325124742_1.thumb.jpg.429cc2f413a20563354b584df521671e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

When I wanna start a full 2019 Rallycross season, Timo Scheider is not on the entry list.

Now the big problem: Why are Grönholm and Timerzyanov both in EKS Audi's. And why is Heikkinen in a GCK Mégane? 

You have the official licenses for the game, how difficult can it be to put the right entries in the game...

Edited by MackieM

43 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

@neil3646 

Have you changed any input settings?

Do you play with pad or wheel?

Are you signed into Racenet when you get this crash?

What difficulty are you playing on?

Any info would be great to help us solve this. Cheers.

1) What do you mean exactly with this?

I turned all force feedback options to max in settings for the controller.
Assists are all turned off and using manual shiftung without clutch.
Using cockpit view (with wheel) only.
I additionally changed some of the controller input-settings to fine tune, but can't remember wich and how much.

2) Standard X-Box One S controller.

3) Always. Never play without. The problem occurs ALWAYS in the very moment you press "continue" after a stage run (after the leaderboards) when the blur effect kicks in to load the next stage or whatever.

4) In My Team Rally Career I play on Elite currently and can't promote to the next tier due to get this crash in the 4th rally after the first stage everytime and then the game resets the progress.
In scenario mode I play on 91 (very hard), but didn't had crashes as of now. I also didn't had a crash in the Impreza S4-daily from yesterday.

I know, I am not @neil3646, but I thought the more information, the better.
If you need anything specific, let me know.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, neil3646 said:

I’ve not changed any settings from my usual I’ve played with since launch. I play with controller. Yes I’m signed in to racenet at all times. I’ve tried the scenarios on both medium and very hard and it crashes at stage end/ press continue every time. Also crashes at the end of every stage I’m trying to complete in the daily and weekly events in My Team

I am having issues with the game crashing as well on my Xbox One X after the update to version 1.13.0 and the flat out pack. I cannot do any of the Colin challenges and the game is crashing after daily/weekly my team events when I click continue and even when applying simple settings changes such as pace notes speed. I have not had it crash yet in freeplay/time trial. I have not played career rally/rallycross since the 1.13.0 update. I play with a standard Xbox One controller. I am signed into RaceNet and have tried the challenges on multiple difficulty settings with no success. I have played the game since about 2 weeks after launch and not had problems with it crashing like this until now. 

Edited by FlatOverCrest
Added additional details

8 minutes ago, FlatOverCrest said:

I am having issues with the game crashing as well on my Xbox One X after the update to version 1.13.0 and the flat out pack. I cannot do any of the Colin challenges and the game is crashing after my team events when I click continue and even when applying simple settings changes such as pace notes speed. I play with a standard Xbox One controller. I am signed into RaceNet and have tried the challenges on multiple difficulty settings with no success.

Did you tried Rally/Rallycross-Career also? Same crash happens?
And always after pressing "continue" the game crashes?

It's strange, it only crashes in career for me on X-Box One S.

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, PJTierney said:

Need more info, check first post.

Regarding the bridge slow down, until now users like me only have reported it on older gen CPUs (there's also a thread on Steam about it). FX8350, FX6300, i7 2600, a 12' Mac Pro Xeon Quad (1st or 2nd gen Core i, probably), i7 860. Not sure if user reports with a i7 3770k and i7-4720HQ were affected in the exact same way, or just general slowdown.

Can be tested while going very slowly with the car on that zone, and it affects one half of the bridge (entry half on Muir Reverse and some meters before, exit on Muir). If you stop in there, fps will be terribly low, then they return to normal abruptly after exiting the affected area. Even dropping the detail to minimum possible doesn't affect the situation, so it doesn't look like the usual situation where an old cpu will cause a slight stutter due to more draw calls on a zone with more objects/details (within a reasonable limit). One affected user on the Steam thread suggested reducing AO, but it does no difference on my system (from Medium to Off) at the lowest fps points. Could it be something relying on instructions these older CPUs can't cope with, like a reverb sound effect or physics calc at this point of stage?

If needed I can make a clip, on the following screenshots you see how constant fps flow with the car stopped at various points while crossing the zone, from >100 to under 15fps then back to 100fps. Screens

Edited by AlleyViper
more info, +2 cpus, more info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Codemasters, nice job for new content! But why no previous bugs was addressed? Even such small ones:

Version 1.13 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

On 12/15/2019 at 8:46 PM, Tigron said:

Subaru WRX STI Rallycross has problem with window texture next to left mirror (look in the red circle on screenshots). It does not become dirty or wet. It is repetitive and especially visible in heavy rain.

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.12.14 - 16.24.44.08.jpg

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.12.14 - 16.06.08.01.jpg

Edited by Tigron
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney I remember you noticed and confirmed this bug, that is like a fly in the ointment. Please ask the team to fix it finally.

Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi - dusk conditions in the mirror still shows bright sky like in a sunny day.

1430787262_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_02.05-21_20_51_00.thumb.jpg.281e2b9ee498ddeceb4ee13d3fc29128.jpg

50639461_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_02.05-21_47_57_13.thumb.jpg.f73af86b83ea397611f5f3f522ff4226.jpg

Edited by Tigron
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Please correct me if I am wrong, but are we suppose to have:

Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD) is not part of FIA World Rallycross Championship, though it has suitable TRY livery. There are only 2 Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) and 3 different Ford Fiesta RXS EVO 5. One of them has STARD on the grill, but it is still RXS EVO 5.

All other RX 2019 cars added on January 28, like Mini and Clio are in FIA World Rallycross Championship.

418390307_FordFiestaRXSTARD.thumb.jpg.fcfeebadefea4be371d674fbf07c95ac.jpg

Edited by Tigron

1 hour ago, FlatOverCrest said:

I am having issues with the game crashing as well on my Xbox One X after the update to version 1.13.0 and the flat out pack. I cannot do any of the Colin challenges and the game is crashing after my team events when I click continue and even when applying simple settings changes such as pace notes speed. I play with a standard Xbox One controller. I am signed into RaceNet and have tried the challenges on multiple difficulty settings with no success.

Wanted to clarify and detail the same problem listed originally by neil3646 and also by the quoted poster above (among others).  

I've have had this issue for for a few weeks now.  It first seemed to occur randomly during career mode daily/weekly stages and rallycross events.  You'd complete the stage, hit continue, and the game would lock up, and shortly there after kick you to the dashboard.  It seemed to be random at first, affecting some events, but not all. This would sometimes happen in a single event, but also could happen after completing a single stage in a weekly or monthly event.

More recently (last week) I found that I was getting booted to the dash just trying to load into a stage or enter career mode would close out the game and send me back to the dash.  I found a way around that by first playing a historic event rally, completing one stage, exiting back to the main screen and then going back into career mode for the dailies.  I could still experience a random crash after completing a single stage however.  

Now with the Flat out Pack, I have the same random issues of crashing in the daily/weekly events, but I cannot even start the Colin McRae Challenges.  I'm immediately kicked back to the XBox dashboard upon selecting 'start event'.

I'm playing on a standard Xbox One, playing with a standard controller.  I've been playing Dirt Rally 2.0 since launch on the same setup. I am signed in to RaceNet for during all these issues.  I've tried on Medium and Very Easy difficulties to load the McRae Challenges, but with the same results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another missing rain/dirt texture.

RX Supercars 2019 Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) (Again forgot about side window behind the pillar)

440231020_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_01.17-21_22_58_87.thumb.jpg.2a4bec9549a8f55ae8b490196f668a1d.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is the right place for this but everything was working fine on my Xbox One X before it automatically applied this update yesterday. Now I can’t get the game to launch. Every time I try it either returns to the desktop after the hdr o/p is enabled or it freezes and you have force quit. I’ve even tried re-installing everything and deleting the game save. Nothing works. I’ve tried numerous other games and confirmed it’s only this game that doesn’t run. 

Finally managed to get it working. 1st I deleted all the files including the game save but then the game refused to install from the game disk. Only way to get it working was to do a hard boot on the Xbox then disconnect it from the internet. That allowed me to install from the disk. Then game then launched. I the updated it over the internet,trying each time to ensure it still worked. Now fully updated and working 😊

Edited by Scooby19
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scooby19 said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this but everything was working fine on my Xbox One X before it automatically applied this update yesterday. Now I can’t get the game to launch. Every time I try it either returns to the desktop after the hdr o/p is enabled or it freezes and you have force quit. I’ve even tried re-installing everything and deleting the game save. Nothing works. I’ve tried numerous other games and confirmed it’s only this game that doesn’t run. 

I'm sorry that is happening. It could be that mine isn't crashing at game launch because I'm on an older 1080P tv and not running the game at native 4K with hdr. I have 4K mode enabled but I think it just performs supersampling and downscales it to 1080P. It crashes on my Xbox One X after completing dailies and Colin McRae challenges. It even crashed when I made the pace notes earlier and applied it in the service park before a daily. I have not tried weeklies, monthlies or career rally/rallycross since the update. Freeplay/time trials is about the only thing that hasn't crashed yet since the 1.13.0 update.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Did you tried Rally/Rallycross-Career also? Same crash happens?
And always after pressing "continue" the game crashes?

It's strange, it only crashes in career for me on X-Box One S.

I tried career rally and it crashed after selecting continue after completing the 4th stage today. The game crashed on two of the four dailies after completing them and selecting continue. I have not played career rallycross enough to give you an answer on that one yet. I will update you once I test it out.

• Like 1

@PJTierney

Thanks to you and the team for fixing the shift light on the Opel Corsa Super 1600 car and the rev lights on the Mini Cooper SX1. You guys rock for continuing to fix these issues and I hope support like this continues in future titles. It's refreshing to see this happening. I wish all of you and your families the best and hope that you are all doing well. Thanks again!

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Graphical optimization worsened in Wales, finland and Scotland especially in the wet.

Hi guys, with the new update you also have some fps drops in scotland, I have an rx 480 and after the update the performance has worsened. Obviously at high details and with 2x FHD multisampling

Edited by RocconMarco
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

3) Always. Never play without. The problem occurs ALWAYS in the very moment you press "continue" after a stage run (after the leaderboards) when the blur effect kicks in to load the next stage or whatever.

This!

PS4, Deluxe 

with legacy in germany, the discharge valve does not make a noise when changing gear with the gearbox in H, in sequential mode we hear

PS4, Deluxe

in scotland, on many portions of different stage, the french co-driver is very very very late, despite the setting on "earlier" at the most. And the sound of the voice is crackling and not flowing

it's a shame, the rally is beautiful but it ruins everything

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

(PC) South Morningside over small bridge - massive slowdown & on all variants that cross that bridge, fps shoots back up once crossed. Does not do it in the replay which is odd. Please fix.

• Like 3

-Very late or wrong notes in Scotland with English codriver (Phil Mills) and French codriver (Stéphane Prévot)

-Very low codriver voice in Scotland (mainly French codriver)

-Some notes in Scotland are cutting midway through

-Some cars (ex: Legacy) are way louder engine wise than others

-Some sound effects are now missing in a few cars (ex: gearshift in the 205 Gti, Turbo noise on some 2.0l 4WD...)

PC - i5 7600k - 1070ti - Headphones

• Like 1
  • Agree 2