F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

Yes I played WRX World Championship.

I won the 10 races. This afternon start a new championsip with other car (in mi first time i used audi a1), peugeot 208. In barcelona the first circuit win 2 thropies the monster supercharged and emule bakkerud.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Got another game crash today right after pressing "Continue" after finishing a stage in "Glencastle Farm" under dusk/heavy rain/wet surface. As always, it's after finishing a stage with rain, and the access violation address was the same.

Previously these random crashes I've had were under Career (either on rally Championship or community/ai events), because that's were I spend most time. Today's was on Freeplay > Clubs, while racing the current RaceDepartment championship event (5th stage on 10 in Scotland). It seems like New Zealand + rain and now Scotland + rain are the most prone for this.

System details are on my previous post itt. Today's crash report was sent, and I'll also attach to this post the settings file along the error report screenshot. Curiously, these appcrashes never show on windows Event Viewer for dirtrally2.exe.

Thanks

crash2.jpg

hardware_settings_config.xml

PS: @HoksuHoo had good fun fighting your times

Edited by AlleyViper
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, siasarrr said:

I won the 10 races. This afternon start a new championsip with other car (in mi first time i used audi a1), peugeot 208. In barcelona the first circuit win 2 thropies the monster supercharged and emule bakkerud.

1 hour ago, siasarrr said:

Okay, I know that some trophies can be obtained in part customize and others than in the WRX championship.

Again I started over, and yet again crazy gbugged cpu time on stage 3. 

At the place where the road splits up (sorry about bad description 😄 lol) on South Morningside the small trees in the middle is like hitting a rock. 

8 hours ago, nikos88 said:

I did not understand very well you have to put the difficulty on 70 the first two challenges and then finish them again at 91 after. Do we have to redo all the 91 scenarios? Change the difficulty in the setting menu?

After you start all the tests again in any difficulty does it work?

7 hours ago, richie said:

Yup, same here. Not sure if I understood. Maybe just explain what the next steps would be once you started a scenario on any difficulty lower than 'very hard'. 

Guys, this were just the steps, how I played them from the very beginning as a bug report.

Here are the options for you:

1) If you already changed the difficulty at some point in scenarios and did scenarios on different difficulties:

a) Go to scenarios, change the difficulty you want (91 or higher for both achievements or any for "If in doubt..." only), go to settings from main menu, profile, save settings, first option (reset progress) (not the other 2!!!) and start the scenario-mode again from the beginning and never change the difficulty.

b) Wait for a patch (takes at least 3 weeks I guess)

2) If you never did any scenario yet, choose your difficulty you want before you start your first scenario and never change it.

7 hours ago, CM_Ads said:

Is there anyone who has got the bug where they don't get the "flat out" achievement that never did it on any other difficulty?

So anyone who just did them all on Very hard from the start.

I know someone, who got both achievements, because he choosed the difficulty before starting his first scenario and never changed it.
He's actually the only one on xbox besides me, who got "Flat Out" yet.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, somethingthing said:

At the place where the road splits up (sorry about bad description 😄 lol) on South Morningside the small trees in the middle is like hitting a rock. 

Scottish soil is as hard as a rock, the roots of the tree, are like they are set in concrete😃

Edited by Dunoon
Grammar.

Been a week since this update/dlc launched and still my game crashes every time on Xbox upon completing a stage/scenario and pressing continue. 

Any update on if this is being investigated or fixed or anything?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, neil3646 said:

Been a week since this update/dlc launched and still my game crashes every time on Xbox upon completing a stage/scenario and pressing continue. 

Don't expect a patch until mid-april.
At least if it's going after there normal shedule.

Since I only have a crash at a specific point in My Team Rally Career and never had one in scenarios or dailies/weeklies yet, I wanna ask you something:

Did you try de- and reinstalling all DLCs in My Games and Apps?
Maybe some are corrupted.

Did you consider reset your progress?
The first option in profile -> save settings.
This will delete all championships running and all progress in historic championship.
Also all setups will get deleted.
But it may help? I don't know.

Did you looked manually for a new firmware in the console settings?

Did you "hard reset" your console at some point?

I ask this because I am on X-Box One S, too and my problems are not nearly as bad as yours.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan

40 minutes ago, neil3646 said:

Hi @neil3646 Sorry to hear you are still crashing. We are investigating this issue. Any info thats new about this issue will help us.

Posted (edited)

This may not be seen as a bug, but I think it's severe enough to put here:

The pacenotes in Scotland are quite problematic in practice, especially with faster cars.

Here are the issues:

1. Many calls to not cut or for tight corners come completely too late in faster cars.
  2. Many good cuts are not called, many "don't cut"s  are not called either (for example for logs either on exits or inside open corners)
  3. Because the final lines with cuts are not considered for the corners they are often called way too severe.
Edited by bn880
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Did you try de- and reinstalling all DLCs in My Games and Apps?
Maybe some are corrupted.

Did you consider reset your progress?
The first option in profile -> save settings.
This will delete all championships running and all progress in historic championship.
Also all setups will get deleted.
But it may help? I don't know.

Did you looked manually for a new firmware in the console settings?

Did you "hard reset" your console at some point?

@UnderclassGDfan @CM_Ads

I uninstalled and then re-installed all the individual dlc packets in my games and apps menu this afternoon

I'm not prepared to delete anything from the save file, I've played this game almost every day since it launched a year ago

My console is up to date and is powered down every day, and I've done a few extra hard resets this past week

All of the MyTeam daily, weekly and AI events today using the new Legacy worked absolutely fine for once, but the Mcrae scenarios still freeze the game and cause it to crash to homescreen every time

@FlatOverCrest @lucasscz @rickmiller48 @LeVinXVA @kitcarwrc  any of you guys managed to get your mcrae scenarios to work without crashing the game pressing continue at the end?

Edited by neil3646
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I hope you guys will help to identify the exact place.

There is a place in Australia, with pretty fast jump followed by left turn (probably 4 or 5). For unknown reason the navigator (English) suggests to stay left on jump. Obviously it makes impossible to enter incoming turn properly.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

9 hours ago, CM_Ads said:

Hi @neil3646 Sorry to hear you are still crashing. We are investigating this issue. Any info thats new about this issue will help us.

See my comments few messages before, I have the same issue : crash once you push « continue » (means when the little red circle start in the corner of the screen, big sound and reset to xbox main screen) for colin, daily and All championships races... and now even when I try to register a setup with some cars...

This issue already existed in the past but with very less frequency. Now it’s each day, and colin update impossible to play with...

If it’s a auto save problem : why don’t you add the possibility to save only manually our results ?

setup : xbox one S, paddle, difficulty about 70, loggin kitcarwrc

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I hope you guys will help to identify the exact place.

There is a place in Australia, with pretty fast jump followed by left turn (probably 4 or 5). For unknown reason the navigator (English) suggests to stay left on jump. Obviously it makes impossible to enter incoming turn properly.

I think i know which place you mean. Is it one of the two big jumps close togheter when driving the opposite way?

Speaking of bad call outs: on Finland theres a pretty nasty jump where the co-driver tells you to keep in the middle but if you keep in the middle you go straight into a big pile of logs that will terminal the car.

I found it

@20:35

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, Deltone91 said:

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Wrong Gearbox

1 - Subaru WRX Sti NR4,  in game use Manual H shifter gearbox.

20200325112459_1.thumb.jpg.a27e741027f5b740b6e8cc7ed425d35c.jpg

2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X NR4,  in game use Sequential shifter gearbox.

20200325112508_1.thumb.jpg.60db06077f8bebad9bec98fc3ee3d757.jpg

3 - Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Rallycross,  in game use Sequential shifter gearbox.

20200325124710_1.thumb.jpg.13887323c6108754d4e129addf47c69f.jpg

4 - Subaru Impreza S4,  in game use Sequential shifter gearbox.

20200325124742_1.thumb.jpg.429cc2f413a20563354b584df521671e.jpg

On 3/25/2020 at 3:07 PM, MackieM said:

When I wanna start a full 2019 Rallycross season, Timo Scheider is not on the entry list.

Now the big problem: Why are Grönholm and Timerzyanov both in EKS Audi's. And why is Heikkinen in a GCK Mégane? 

You have the official licenses for the game, how difficult can it be to put the right entries in the game...

On 3/26/2020 at 12:38 PM, GregPit81 said:

PS4, Deluxe 

with legacy in germany, the discharge valve does not make a noise when changing gear with the gearbox in H, in sequential mode we hear

Is that happening only in Germany?

On 3/29/2020 at 5:13 PM, Tigron said:

@PJTierney, could you please give a little comment on this, as there are already 2 people who noticed the problem?

Is it possible to get more detailed comment from devs on how "WET" physics was changed in 1.13, as patch notes don't provide enough detailed information?

Added video to illustrate the case.

Version 1.13 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

It's on the sheet for our next meeting (although admittedly, quote a few things are as we do the usual sweep through this thread).

In the meantime, have you looked into @Ialyrn's comment about the stock tuning setup?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

In the meantime, have you looked into @Ialyrn's comment about the stock tuning setup?

Yes, I have seen his answer. As I mentioned in another thread, the problem is not only with new cars, but with all cars in Heavy Rain Wet conditions are too slidy in the rear. Here are the videos of Ford Mustang and MG Metro, that have been in the game since day one, having very similar problems. Yes, GTR Technical setups help to make cars much more enjoyable, but could you please do a better default setups.

I remember the same problem existed in Dirt4, and the only solution to make a car more controllable on breaking was turning on ABS to 4-5.

Also, the AI thread for rainy weather became alive again. Is it possible to add extra buff for AI for people using internal cameras in Rain conditions. The guys with external cameras set up unrealistic times, that pushes AI times to the point where they are unbeatable when you play with internal cameras, because you just cannot see the road. Especially on fast splits, AI just flat out like it does not rain.

Edited by Tigron
  • Agree 1

Over the last two days, most of the grip has come back and I can race again at least on the dry roads... even in VR.  I do not know what caused the issue with the slippery rear end nor what fixed it.  I can say that since the issue arose I updated from a 4.40 series nvidia graphics driver to a 4.78 series driver but it made no immediate difference.  I did reboot after installation...  Perhaps it was an errant windows update.  End result, I'd still like to see more rear grip in wet scenarios but I am glad to be racing again.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tigron said:

Yes, I have seen his answer. As I mentioned in another thread, the problem is not only with new cars, but with all cars in Heavy Rain Wet conditions are too slidy in the rear. Here are the videos of Ford Mustang and MG Metro, that have been in the game since day one, having very similar problems. Yes, GTR Technical setups help to make cars much more enjoyable, but could you please do a better default setups.

Again, im not feeling it, it feels the same as it has done for months. Im not noticing any differance at all in the wet condidtions at all. Also, im a she; for future referance.

4 hours ago, Tigron said:

The guys with external cameras set up unrealistic times, that pushes AI times to the point where they are unbeatable when you play with internal cameras, because you just cannot see the road. Especially on fast splits, AI just flat out like it does not rain.

This really bugs me when people say this sort of stuff, assuming that anyone who can get near the top of the leaderboards must be using some form of workaround, an exterior view, or some other shady thing that just gets pulled out of thin air. It can never be just a case that some people might just be faster than you.

Me, driving the Mustang on the same Scotland stage as in your video using the default setup on the car in the interier cockpit view.

The only disadvantage you are at, is the one you are giving yourself by blaming the game and other players!

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2020 at 11:55 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Guys, this were just the steps, how I played them from the very beginning as a bug report.

Here are the options for you:

1) If you already changed the difficulty at some point in scenarios and did scenarios on different difficulties:

a) Go to scenarios, change the difficulty you want (91 or higher for both achievements or any for "If in doubt..." only), go to settings from main menu, profile, save settings, first option (reset progress) (not the other 2!!!) and start the scenario-mode again from the beginning and never change the difficulty.

b) Wait for a patch (takes at least 3 weeks I guess)

2) If you never did any scenario yet, choose your difficulty you want before you start your first scenario and never change it.

I know someone, who got both achievements, because he choosed the difficulty before starting his first scenario and never changed it.
He's actually the only one on xbox besides me, who got "Flat Out" yet.

I managed to get both trophies! What I did I put the difficulty back on 91 just after I reset my progress. I start from the beginning without touching the difficulty stay at 91 I made the challenges in order and at the last challenge succeeded with the MG Metro the two trophies are finally unlocking!

Edited by nikos88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ialyrn said:

Again, im not feeling it, it feels the same as it has done for months. Im not noticing any differance at all in the wet condidtions at all. Also, im a she; for future referance.

This really bugs me when people say this sort of stuff, assuming that anyone who can get near the top of the leaderboards must be using some form of workaround, an exterior view, or some other shady thing that just gets pulled out of thin air. It can never be just a case that some people might just be faster than you.

Me, driving the Mustang on the same Scotland stage as in your video using the default setup on the car in the interier cockpit view.

The only disadvantage you are at, is the one you are giving yourself by blaming the game and other players!

I got a 3.32.6 on my 3rd try. Am I allowed to complain about rain being overdone now?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

I got a 3.32.6 on my 3rd try. Am I allowed to complain about rain being overdone now?

They are free to complain all they like, I offered up a reason why it may feels off to them, and they disreagarded and countered it. Thats fine. What isnt fine, is essentially accusing other faster players of using cheap tactics to post up their faster times. But please, continue if you would like.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

They are free to complain all they like, I offered up a reason why it may feels off to them, and they disreagarded and countered it. Thats fine. What isnt fine, is essentially accusing other faster players of using cheap tactics to post up their faster times. But please, continue if you would like.

He was speaking about AI...? But still, the AI times probably have nothing to do about what kind of times actual players set. But do you think the AI are balanced in wet conditions?

Edited by somethingthing

2 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

He was speaking about AI...? But still, the AI times probably have nothing to do about what kind of times actual players set. But do you think the AI are balanced in wet conditions?

6 hours ago, Tigron said:

The guys with external cameras set up unrealistic times

• Like 1