Jump to content
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

 

Its very possible that the guy setting the times for the AI using something else than interior camera and that makes it like turning off shaders on PC which is no rain that limits the view and only a wet surface pretty much. That could be an explanation but however it is, i dont think they will do anything about the AI times at this point anyway.

 

btw and the first guy on that stage in heavy rain/night are using interior camera. i dont care what view people using in dailys and clubs but imo the rain is way overdone - limit the view too much (add night and color banding to that :classic_angry:) and the AI doesnt seem to have too much of an impact by it.

Edited by somethingthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, rain isn't overdone.
The vids from @Tigron just show me he needs more practice in driving, especially RWD cars.
Throttle control is the main factor here.

But yes, I think the AI is often too good in rain- and night stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PJTierney

Update on the crashing issue - I was just able to complete a scenario which I had previously not been able to complete because of the crashing issue. I had completed it successfully probably 3 times, after which it crashed and I did not get credit. Just now, I was able to do it with no crash.

Was there some sort of server update? I did not change anything about my install or Xbox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

No, rain isn't overdone.
The vids from @Tigron just show me he needs more practice in driving, especially RWD cars.
Throttle control is the main factor here.

But yes, I think the AI is often too good in rain- and night stages.

I think it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MarkB1211 said:

@PJTierney

Update on the crashing issue - I was just able to complete a scenario which I had previously not been able to complete because of the crashing issue. I had completed it successfully probably 3 times, after which it crashed and I did not get credit. Just now, I was able to do it with no crash.

Was there some sort of server update? I did not change anything about my install or Xbox. 

Which scenario worked? I’ve tried the Mini and 205 ones again this morning and both still freeze up and crash the game at the end after pressing continue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MarkB1211 said:

Was there some sort of server update?

Not at the time you posted that.

A small server side fix went out this morning to sort the players losing access to preorder cars in My Team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 Pro

The “Living the Dream” achievement doesn’t work. I bought all five group B 4WD cars, including rebuying the Audi that came with the digital deluxe version, but The trophy didn’t pop up. I repurchased some of them multiple times in hopes that it would pop, but it never does. I’ve already wasted a ton of credits trying to get this to work.

i suspect I’m not the only one with this problem since only 0.7% on PlayStation have this trophy even though it should be very easy to get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TypeR23857 said:

PS4 Pro

The “Living the Dream” achievement doesn’t work. I bought all five group B 4WD cars, including rebuying the Audi that came with the digital deluxe version, but The trophy didn’t pop up. I repurchased some of them multiple times in hopes that it would pop, but it never does. I’ve already wasted a ton of credits trying to get this to work.

i suspect I’m not the only one with this problem since only 0.7% on PlayStation have this trophy even though it should be very easy to get. 

On Steam I had a similar problem, both for the Group A and B buy all achievements (I was still under 1.12). The x/5 etc counter for the achievements wouldn't advance when buying some cars.

The expensive brute force workaround was to have all cars, start a career championship (not a periodic community/ai event) with one of them, start a stage up to first checkpoint and quit to main menu (not sure if driving is really required), then rebuy that same car while the original is reserved for the initiated event. Then abandon championship, and redo the same for every car. And even then, the cars that finally unlocked the achievements for GrA and B for me, were one of the few that already added to the "x/5" etc counter at the moment they were bought, not one of those that didn't count or were offered with Deluxe which I tried first. I hope there's a better way on PS4, but on more threads will find users that succeeded this way on Steam.

Edited by AlleyViper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, neil3646 said:

Which scenario worked? I’ve tried the Mini and 205 ones again this morning and both still freeze up and crash the game at the end after pressing continue?

1984 Scotland somehow worked originally, 1988 Scotland is the one I kept trying and is the one that worked all of a sudden. Since that one worked, I have not had a crash since. I think that narrows it down quite a bit to what the problem could be.

Could be a network issue, or a RaceNet server issue/error which isn't handle on Xbox One? I'm not sure why it would work so randomly, and not even consistent across users. If it helps I'm on East Coast USA.

Or it could be something about the state of the Xbox when you hit Continue, but this seems very unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

EDIT

It must have been some glitch with dirtrally2.com just now. As i tried again after posting this it worked. 🙂

Edited by somethingthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MarkB1211 said:

1984 Scotland somehow worked originally, 1988 Scotland is the one I kept trying and is the one that worked all of a sudden. Since that one worked, I have not had a crash since. I think that narrows it down quite a bit to what the problem could be.

Could be a network issue, or a RaceNet server issue/error which isn't handle on Xbox One? I'm not sure why it would work so randomly, and not even consistent across users. If it helps I'm on East Coast USA.

Or it could be something about the state of the Xbox when you hit Continue, but this seems very unlikely.

Very strange. Oh well, least one of us can play now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AlleyViper said:

On Steam I had a similar problem, both for the Group A and B buy all achievements (I was still under 1.12). The x/5 etc counter for the achievements wouldn't advance when buying some cars.

The expensive brute force workaround was to have all cars, start a career championship (not a periodic community/ai event) with one of them, start a stage up to first checkpoint and quit to main menu (not sure if driving is really required), then rebuy that same car while the original is reserved for the initiated event. Then abandon championship, and redo the same for every car. And even then, the cars that finally unlocked the achievements for GrA and B for me, were one of the few that already added to the "x/5" etc counter at the moment they were bought, not one of those that didn't count or were offered with Deluxe which I tried first. I hope there's a better way on PS4, but on more threads will find users that succeeded this way on Steam.

That worked! Thank you! Hopefully CM can use this to figure out the cause of the problem and include a fix in the next update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I bit the bullet and reset my save progress in the in-game options...

McRae scenarios no longer crash, nor did using the latest dlc cars in the MyTeam daily events

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

(PC, Steam) One issue I noticed with the 1995 New Zealand Colin McRae Scenario with regards to difficulty (playing on 91 difficulty). Will see if it happens on other Scenarios as well.

I played through the first 3 stages in a single sitting, then quit out of the game and later played the final stage (wet, long). The "target driver" was consistently setting an 8:59, which was extremely hard to beat.

Then, after retrying and finishing all 4 stages in a single sitting, the same target driver was now putting in a 9:34 on the same stage, and was much easier.

Update: Might also be happening on 1992 Finland as well (3 stages, no service park). Quitting out of the game immediately after the 1st stage (before loading the 2nd stage), then going back in, the top drivers were setting ~3:22's on Stage 2. Playing through Stage 1 and 2 in a single sitting, the top drivers were setting ~3:29 - 3:33's.

Edited by TamiyaGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungarian language navigator and menu

New cars : Suzuki Swift , Toyota Corolla,Lada VFTS

Xbox One 

THANK YOU 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reply camera at co-drivers side change driver from left to right seat. Watch few seconds this video.


I think it may be little late to wish anything but I would like to hear "Last lap" with WRX, also at challenges.
Why, because I don´t use any OSD and counting to six is too hard while driving.
Matters most at Yas Marina when you finish without braking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 2:46 PM, CM_Ads said:

 

Hey, had you completed any on a different difficulty before doing them on very hard? Trying to get to the bottom of this.

No. Very hard only. I did not do them in any particular order, so some of the first ones,

1984-1989 and 1991-1994, was done after most of the other ones. I did the long ones last. (4 - 5 stages) 

I can find the order for most of them (maybe all) as I have screenshots, if it will help... 

 

Cheers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If youre wrong i guess its best to admit it because i kinda was :classic_blush: I did some new testing and made the fps stay at 90 (a few drops here and there but not noticeable) and the rain is much much better. Of course I have tried running 90 fps instead of asw with locked 45 but then it was just as bad on both of them. I turned down a lot of settings so it might be one setting or a couple of settings togheter that makes the rain limit the view more but now as its good i dont want to mess around with it. Now im running weather on low when its raining and high on snowy stages. With low and rain it looks about the same on the windshield but with high the rain further away looks worse while its the opposite with snow imo. Id call this a game changer since rain was actually pretty fun now!

If someone know which settings that could affect the rain looking like asw 45 fps feel free to share it because that could help both the devs to look into it and players tweaking it themselves.

Edited by somethingthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Platform: PC, game version 1.13.0

Version: Deluxe (steam) + Season 3-4 + Flat Out pack

Experienced where: New Zealand and only with new cars from Flat Out pack: Group A: Subaru Legacy and 2000cc: Subaru Impreza S4

Can u replicate it: Yes

Description:

Lens Flare effect in graphic options is making sun light go through the ground/hills etc in new cars (Legacy and Impreza S4). Out of the car views are not affected by this.

picks of it (stage is New Zealand: Ocean Beach Sprint Forward 25seconds in at sunset time-of-day but I think this glitch will happen anywhere when sun is very low)

- dash view https://imgur.com/kcXBd6f

- helmet/head view https://imgur.com/ROj22Er

Views from bonnet, bumper, 3rd person etc(out of the car) are not affected by this bug, here's bonnet https://imgur.com/bTZZOPT and from 3rd person https://imgur.com/PvaD965

 

2nd possible glitch

Experienced where: Scotland: Rosebank Farm Reverse

Can u replicate it: I'm quite sure I can but haven't tried

Description:

At least one of the log piles seem to be partially invisible and come much closer to the road than it looks

pics: https://imgur.com/CL0ynmB and from different angle https://imgur.com/mHOu8NT

located quite halfway onto the stage, place where it gets more open and tall and longer log piles start to appear alongside road

In the pics I'm not even touching/hitting that corner marker stick on the inside and car is colliding with something before the logs. That collision made car to stop like a concrete wall and radiator got wrecked.

 

Edited by karik134
more details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, somethingthing said:

If youre wrong i guess its best to admit it because i kinda was :classic_blush: I did some new testing and made the fps stay at 90 (a few drops here and there but not noticeable) and the rain is much much better. Of course I have tried running 90 fps instead of asw with locked 45 but then it was just as bad on both of them. I turned down a lot of settings so it might be one setting or a couple of settings togheter that makes the rain limit the view more but now as its good i dont want to mess around with it. Now im running weather on low when its raining and high on snowy stages. With low and rain it looks about the same on the windshield but with high the rain further away looks worse while its the opposite with snow imo. Id call this a game changer since rain was actually pretty fun now!

If someone know which settings that could affect the rain looking like asw 45 fps feel free to share it because that could help both the devs to look into it and players tweaking it themselves. 

Ive been saying this for ages, that the game needs to be a rock solid 90fps (for Oculus Rift), along with ASW been forced off. As soon as ASW kicks in with Dirt Rally 2.0, its really screws the game up. Especially the view with the rain. I recently found that the car details really mess up the FPS as well in VR, so I now have that set on low when I run the game in VR. Not really much of an issue, since in VR I always remain in the cockpit anyway. Screen space reflections, reflections, mirrors, and shadows really tank the FPS as well. And ground cover can be an issue. Though since lowering the car details to "low", ive been able to run ground cover at medium.

This game is great in VR when it works perfectly, but its a chore to get it to that point. Lots of setting adjustments and performance monitoring to ensure a stable framerate. Its clear they didnt put the same effort in with VR that they did with Dirt Rally 1, which is a shame. Hopefully now they own Slightly Mad Studios, they will use the Madness Engine for all future titles (f1, grid and Dirt), which has VR support for Oculus and SteamVR fully built into it. They would be fools not to use that engine. Ive never been the bigest fan of Pcars, but that game engine is far more robust at this point than the Ego engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Ive been saying this for ages, that the game needs to be a rock solid 90fps (for Oculus Rift), along with ASW been forced off. As soon as ASW kicks in with Dirt Rally 2.0, its really screws the game up. Especially the view with the rain. I recently found that the car details really mess up the FPS as well in VR, so I now have that set on low when I run the game in VR. Not really much of an issue, since in VR I always remain in the cockpit anyway. Screen space reflections, reflections, mirrors, and shadows really tank the FPS as well. And ground cover can be an issue. Though since lowering the car details to "low", ive been able to run ground cover at medium.

This game is great in VR when it works perfectly, but its a chore to get it to that point. Lots of setting adjustments and performance monitoring to ensure a stable framerate. Its clear they didnt put the same effort in with VR that they did with Dirt Rally 1, which is a shame. Hopefully now they own Slightly Mad Studios, they will use the Madness Engine for all future titles (f1, grid and Dirt), which has VR support for Oculus and SteamVR fully built into it. They would be fools not to use that engine. Ive never been the bigest fan of Pcars, but that game engine is far more robust at this point than the Ego engine.

Maybe you didnt read the part in my post where i said that i have tried 90 fps previously (and not too long ago neither) and it didnt work. It seems like theres some settings that makes the rain look just as bad as 45 fps asw but i wont touch my config more now when its working to try and find whats causing it.

Edited by somethingthing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platform: X-Box One S (latest firmware & game version 1.13.0)

Version: Retail Deluxe + Season 3&4 + Colin Flat Out Pack (all DLC that exists installed)

Can you replicate it?: Yes, see the description.

Experienced where?: SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally (Cockpit view with wheel showing), starts happening in a club-race, followed by testing in time trials. Seems to "corrupt" all other modes. Game reset fixes it temporarily.

Description:

There is a windscreen-bug on the SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally, that appears as soon as you do a club-race. It will stay this way until you reset the game throughout all other modes.
It doesn't matter in wich class/car you do the club race, it triggers the bug on the SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally no matter what.
Did a club-race in a VW Golf GTI (Kit Car) and directly after that I did a time trial in greece with the SUBARU and the bug appeared.
Did that 3 times and it always happened.
The bug appears on all rallies, stages, game modes.
Seems to effect only this car.

The windscreen "sunshine mirror-effect" seems to get upsidedown due to this bug and blocks the view and distracts quite much.
Looks awful too, because you get some low res ghost texture right in your face.

Bug:
UZiFXwu.png

How it is normally:
kfQotgV.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 3:41 PM, Deltone91 said:

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

20200325112253_1.thumb.jpg.86b72291ac8d58680f6211df69067629.jpg

This is not correct either. The Alpine is not rear-mid engined, it is rear engined (RR layout). The Porsches are also incorrectly shown as rear-mid engined when they are actually rear engined. Obviously since front engined cars have their own picture, rear engined cars should have their own picture too, and not use the rear-mid engine picture which is incorrect.

There are more cars with incorrect layouts too. The Fiesta OMSE is shown as front engine, 4WD when it is actually rear-mid engine, 4WD. Also the DS 21 is shown as front engined, but it is actually front-mid engined. Again, since rear-mid engined cars have their own picture, front-mid engine cars should have their own too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 3:51 PM, Deltone91 said:

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Wrong Gearbox

 

1 - Subaru WRX Sti NR4,  in game use Manual H shifter gearbox.

20200325112459_1.thumb.jpg.a27e741027f5b740b6e8cc7ed425d35c.jpg

 

2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X NR4,  in game use Sequential shifter gearbox.

20200325112508_1.thumb.jpg.60db06077f8bebad9bec98fc3ee3d757.jpg

 

3 - Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Rallycross,  in game use Sequential shifter gearbox.

20200325124710_1.thumb.jpg.13887323c6108754d4e129addf47c69f.jpg

 

4 - Subaru Impreza S4,  in game use Sequential shifter gearbox.

20200325124742_1.thumb.jpg.429cc2f413a20563354b584df521671e.jpg

I have reported this too for a couple of the latest versions. Since NR4 cars use H-shifter, both NR4 cars in the game are incorrect. The Subaru shows incorrect transmission in the menu, while the Mitsubishi has incorrect behavior in the game.

Considering so many have reported these kind of errors, I was surprised that yet another error of the same kind managed to slip into the game with the new content. However, fact is that the first generation Impreza WRC existed in both manual and sequential versions (manual in the '97 and '98 versions, sequential from '99), this could potentially have caused some confusion among the developers which caused this error.

We know that the Impreza S4 in the game is modeled after the manual version, because in cockpit view the driver is reaching for a shift lever. If it had been modeled after the sequential shift version, the driver would be using a paddle shifter in front of the steering wheel. That means that the description of the Impreza S4 in the menu is correct, the behavior in the game is incorrect.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug on Steam version:

Historic championship will not get the green "Completed" tag after completing it.

I have completed all the Historic Classic championships, H1 and H2 have the "Completed" tag. When I completed the H3 championship, I received progress towards the "Time Machine" Steam achievement and unlocked the achievement, but I still lack the "Completed" tag in the menu.

I already reported this bug in the previous version of the game.

(Before someone claims that this is impossible and that I'm lying: the reason that I have been able to complete Classic championships at least 4 times without getting 3/3 on the "Time Machine" acheivement until now, is because the "Time Machine" achievement used to be bugged and not award you any progress upon completing a championship. However that bug seems to have been fixed as of the previous patch.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×