DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

16 minutes ago, cheba said:

I have reported this too for a couple of the latest versions. Since NR4 cars use H-shifter, both NR4 cars in the game are incorrect. The Subaru shows incorrect transmission in the menu, while the Mitsubishi has incorrect behavior in the game.

The Evo X is not an NR4, it's a R4. That's why the class is called NR4/R4.

1 hour ago, cheba said:

I have reported this too for a couple of the latest versions. Since NR4 cars use H-shifter, both NR4 cars in the game are incorrect. The Subaru shows incorrect transmission in the menu, while the Mitsubishi has incorrect behavior in the game.

Considering so many have reported these kind of errors, I was surprised that yet another error of the same kind managed to slip into the game with the new content. However, fact is that the first generation Impreza WRC existed in both manual and sequential versions (manual in the '97 and '98 versions, sequential from '99), this could potentially have caused some confusion among the developers which caused this error.

We know that the Impreza S4 in the game is modeled after the manual version, because in cockpit view the driver is reaching for a shift lever. If it had been modeled after the sequential shift version, the driver would be using a paddle shifter in front of the steering wheel. That means that the description of the Impreza S4 in the menu is correct, the behavior in the game is incorrect.

At the very least the menu description should match the cars ingame, otherwise what's the purpose?

Can you give a source for the Impreza gearbox versions? I'd like to read up on it mysel.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

The Evo X is not an NR4, it's a R4. That's why the class is called NR4/R4.

The R4 class is no more, it was replaced by NR4 a few years back. I thought that since class NR4 replaced R4, old R4 cars had to be re-homologated into NR4, thus becoming NR4 cars (much like when old Group 4 cars were transferred to Group B back in the day, they were re-homologated, becoming Group B cars). I may be wrong on the R4 cars though.

2 hours ago, soong101 said:

At the very least the menu description should match the cars ingame, otherwise what's the purpose?

Can you give a source for the Impreza gearbox versions? I'd like to read up on it mysel.

Indeed it should.

I went on Youtube and searched for Impreza WRC onboards from 1998 and 1999. There it can be seen that they used an H-shifter in 1998 and paddle shift in 1999.

Wikipedia links to an archived version of the Subaru WRT site. It mentions them using semi-automatic transmissions in the Impreza since Monte Carlo 1999: https://web.archive.org/web/20081201070141/http://www.swrt.com/news/latest_news.html?id=1055

Edited by cheba
  • Like 1

Another stage broken after driving off in last sector.

Stage this time: Annbank Station

As with previous report, Personal Best is broken, and the stage is permanently stuttering from the place where I went off, and until finishline. 

In the 1st video, you can see the Ghost that triggered the BUG, and where it went off. Take note of the time. It's about 03:18.xxx

At 0:58 in the video, you can see the new Personal Best time and Split Times. PB is 03:18.108. This matches the time for where the Ghost went off.

This is exactly same as I have reported before. In the Split time screen at 1:01, you can see that Split 4 is only 00:37.301.  

In the 2nd video, at 3:35, you can see the correct PB time and Split Times:

PB Stage Time 03:35.863 and time for the 4th Split is 00:57.478, which is about 20 seconds more then it show now.

In the 3rd video, you can see how the Frametimes is doing crazy spikes at the last part of the stage. 

The steady interval of spikes to around 17ms have been there since day 1, and is different every time I restart PC/Game. 

I'm sometimes lucky and get it down to 10ms, which seems smooth compared to 17ms. I have given

up on you fixing this, but I mention it because it just might be related. 

In the 4th video, I reinstall the game, and after starting the game again, the PB time showed at start is still wrong. 

In the 5th video, you see the ghost (a bit better this time, and you can actually see that it disappeares at exactly 03:18.108 )

is still the wrong one, the stutter form where I drove off still apparent, and PB time and split time still wrong.

Leaderboard is still corret.

Video 1:

Video 2: 

Video 3:

Video 4:

Video 5:

I don't expect you to fix it since you havn't been able to fix any of the other very serious problems, like stutter, or even try to work with us to fix it, or even reply to any of the endless hours spent on trying to help you improve the game by writing reports and making videos. 

BUT I DO EXPECT YOU TO AT LEAST REPLY AND TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE BROKEN TIMES AND STAGES!!! 

I spent a whole day making the previous report about this problem, and not a single response from you

about how to fix my stages and the PB times, not even a simple THANK YOU for wasting a hole day of my

precious time making a thorow report! I have spent many hundred hours writing reports and helping other

users with their problems, keeping the load off your shoulders. It is very hard to stay friendly with your

no-response , no THANK YOU attitude!

Cheers :)

6 hours ago, Eagleizer said:

I don't expect you to fix it since you havn't been able to fix any of the other very serus problems, like stutter, or even try to work with us to fix it, or even reply to any of the endless hours spent on trying to help you improve the game by writing reports and making videos. 

BUT I DO EXPECT YOU TO AT LEAST REPLY AND TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE BROKEN TIMES AND STAGES!!! 

I spent a whole day making the previous report about this problem, and not a single response from you

about how to fix my stages and the PB times, not even a simple THANK YOU for wasting a hole day of my

precious time making a thorow report! I have spent many hundred hours writing reports and helping other

users with their problems, keeping the load off your shoulders. It is very hard to stay friendly with your

no-response , no THANK YOU attitude!

Cheers 🙂

This bug is being looked into.

Posted (edited)

[BUG REPORT]

Despite the metric system i use is KM/H, digital car gauges behind the steering wheel shows MPH.

Maybe it is to keep originality of the car but it is misleading for the users like me who use camera view.

PC Steam version, AMD 5700XT, Windows 10

Edited by ToMythTo

[BUG REPORT]

While playing Career Rally Event between the stages, headlight is not mounted to the car sometimes.

However, after quited to the main menu returned back it is mounted.

PC Steam version, AMD 5700XT, Windows 10

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2020 at 9:01 AM, somethingthing said:

Maybe you didnt read the part in my post where i said that i have tried 90 fps previously (and not too long ago neither) and it didnt work. It seems like theres some settings that makes the rain look just as bad as 45 fps asw but i wont touch my config more now when its working to try and find whats causing it.

I did read what you said, including the part where you say you tried it before. The issue isnt an individial setting, the issue is that the Oculus rift will still halve the framerate if you push the settings to far.  You will probably find you was still dropping frames to the point where this happened. I have tried every single setting on its own to see what it does (too mant effects tied to singular settings), in every combination. I have but a lot of time into this, in order to try and figure it out so I could advise Codemasters of any issues with plenty of information to back it up. As well as to help others who are trying to run the game in VR.

The game just hasnt been optimised well for VR usage, SteamVR or OculusVR; which is why I said this at the end of my last post.

On 4/6/2020 at 1:39 AM, Ialyrn said:

This game is great in VR when it works perfectly, but its a chore to get it to that point. Lots of setting adjustments and performance monitoring to ensure a stable framerate. Its clear they didnt put the same effort in with VR that they did with Dirt Rally 1, which is a shame. Hopefully now they own Slightly Mad Studios, they will use the Madness Engine for all future titles (f1, grid and Dirt), which has VR support for Oculus and SteamVR fully built into it. They would be fools not to use that engine. Ive never been the bigest fan of Pcars, but that game engine is far more robust at this point than the Ego engine.

I maintain what I say there, the Madness Engine is a masterpeice when it comes to its VR implementation. Which is why I hope Codemasters ditch the Ego engine for it. With Dirt Rally 2.0 in VR, you have to hit a stable frame, no matter what.

p.s I am assuming you use the Oculus Rift, since you specifically mention ASW in your posts as well. ASW is the Oculus version of reprojection. I believe HTC call it "reprojection" on their side of things. And SteamVR call it "motion smoothing" now.

Edited by Ialyrn

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

I did read what you said, including the part where you say you tried it before. The issue isnt an individial setting, the issue is that the Oculus rift will still halve the framerate if you push the settings to far.  You will probably find you was still dropping frames to the point where this happened. I have tried every single setting on its own to see what it does (too mant effects tied to singular settings), in every combination. I have but a lot of time into this, in order to try and figure it out so I could advise Codemasters of any issues with plenty of information to back it up. As well as to help others who are trying to run the game in VR.

The game just hasnt been optimised well for VR usage, SteamVR or OculusVR; which is why I said this at the end of my last post.

I maintain what I say there, the Madness Engine is a masterpeice when it comes to its VR implementation. Which is why I hope Codemasters ditch the Ego engine for it. With Dirt Rally 2.0 in VR, you have to hit a stable frame, no matter what.

p.s I am assuming you use the Oculus Rift, since you specifically mention ASW in your posts as well. ASW is the Oculus version of reprojection. I believe HTC call it "reprojection" on their side of things. And SteamVR call it "motion smoothing" now.

I had set ASW to off in ott and according to msi afterburner it have been 90 fps with a few dips here and there when i tried previously. But if you think you the only one that knows how to track performance, fine.

Edited by somethingthing

Problem - If in Doubt... AND, Flatout... Achievement is not unlocking after completing all the scenarios on very hard! Please can you address this? I kept the difficulty on Very hard the whole way through. 

Xbox one X

• Like 1

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

I had set ASW to off in ott and according to msi afterburner it have been 90 fps with a few dips here and there when i tried previously. But if you think you the only one that knows how to track performance, fine.

There will be a video coming shortly to show you the framerate will still halve if you drop too many frames, even with asw turned off.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

There will be a video coming shortly to show you the framerate will still halve if you drop too many frames, even with asw turned off.

I know how to read MSI afterburner and in my previous tests it did not drop down to 45 fps... I have been driving in VR since DK2 and you dont need to teach me how VR works and I dont care about your video so save your time.

Edited by somethingthing

1 hour ago, somethingthing said:

I know how to read MSI afterburner and in my previous tests it did not drop down to 45 fps... I have been driving in VR since DK2 and you dont need to teach me how VR works and I dont care about your video so save your time.

MSI afterburner is a great tool, but it wont always give you the full picture when it comes to VR. It has its uses, I use it also. And its great for monitoring whats going on when playing games on a monitor, especially in conjuction with Rivatuner. But thats the thing, it works in real time, there is no way to scroll back through the timeline. So unless you are ripping your headset off as soon as you end a run in a game, you may not see all the revelent information. Not to mention certain stages in Dirt Rally 2.0 are more depanding than others, so ideally for testing, you need to put the game in its worst case scenario when changing options and testing; in order to ensure your going to get a stable framerate everywhere. Thats why I always run a stage like Wales Pant Mawr at night in heavy rain for testing, because its going to be more demanding than running Spain in the day in the dry. As one example.

If you want to get a real picture of whats happening when playing a game in VR, you ideally need to be using the Oculus Rifts inbuilt performance monitor overlay. It allows you to see whats going on while in headset much easier than checking after the fact in MSI afterburner. You cant pin the MSI Afterburner window into the Oculus VR enviroment, so you cant have it in visible while testing and playing in VR. I know, ive tried. Oculus Rift software wont see it as an active window to add into the envroment and pin there.

Since you have such an extensive experiance on the Oculus platform, then you sould already know that ASW disabled doesnt stop the frame rate dropping by half if you drop too many frames. It just turns off ASW. This is something I can vary easilly prove to you, if you will drop the chip on your shoulder and actually look at the video. Or you can continue disregarding what I have to say, because after all; you have so much experiance and knowledge on these matters.

Ive made sure that the Oculus Debug window was capture by OBS, so you can see that ASW is "disabled".

You stated you was wrong on page 7 of this thread.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:40 PM, somethingthing said:

If youre wrong i guess its best to admit it because i kinda was :classic_blush: I did some new testing and made the fps stay at 90 (a few drops here and there but not noticeable) and the rain is much much better. Of course I have tried running 90 fps instead of asw with locked 45 but then it was just as bad on both of them. I turned down a lot of settings so it might be one setting or a couple of settings togheter that makes the rain limit the view more but now as its good i dont want to mess around with it. Now im running weather on low when its raining and high on snowy stages. With low and rain it looks about the same on the windshield but with high the rain further away looks worse while its the opposite with snow imo. Id call this a game changer since rain was actually pretty fun now!

If someone know which settings that could affect the rain looking like asw 45 fps feel free to share it because that could help both the devs to look into it and players tweaking it themselves.

You even made a point to open up your comment by stating you made Dirt Rally stay at 90fps, and that "rain is much much better". So I have no idea why you are arguing with me when I agreed with you, and stated I had been saying this for ages. That the game needs to be at a rock solid framerate, or it just doesnt work well in VR. I even gave suggestions for what options seem to effect the FPS the most, not only for you, but for anyone else who happens reads both of our postings.

On 4/6/2020 at 1:39 AM, Ialyrn said:

Ive been saying this for ages, that the game needs to be a rock solid 90fps (for Oculus Rift), along with ASW been forced off. As soon as ASW kicks in with Dirt Rally 2.0, its really screws the game up. Especially the view with the rain. I recently found that the car details really mess up the FPS as well in VR, so I now have that set on low when I run the game in VR. Not really much of an issue, since in VR I always remain in the cockpit anyway. Screen space reflections, reflections, mirrors, and shadows really tank the FPS as well. And ground cover can be an issue. Though since lowering the car details to "low", ive been able to run ground cover at medium.

This game is great in VR when it works perfectly, but its a chore to get it to that point. Lots of setting adjustments and performance monitoring to ensure a stable framerate. Its clear they didnt put the same effort in with VR that they did with Dirt Rally 1, which is a shame. Hopefully now they own Slightly Mad Studios, they will use the Madness Engine for all future titles (f1, grid and Dirt), which has VR support for Oculus and SteamVR fully built into it. They would be fools not to use that engine. Ive never been the bigest fan of Pcars, but that game engine is far more robust at this point than the Ego engine.

The FPS will drop by half a lot sooner with ASW turned to "Auto", which is why I recommend turning it off. It gives just that little more leway with the FPS dips before the FPS drops by half. But as shown in the video linked above, If you take the time to watch it, having ASW disabled doesnt stop the framerate from dropping by half. All ASW is, is a frame smoothing method; which is supposed to help make 45fps feel like 90fps, in the case of the Rift CV1.

Look, I dont know what your issue is with me. Ive got none with you. But I dont come into a discussion like this unprepared, I make sure I know what I am talking about first. If its something new ive never encounted before, I test it for myself before commenting. If someone points me toward something new that might improve my experiance or change my perspective, I test it out for myself. And if I state something is happening, you better believe I will take the time to back it up with pictures and/or videos. Because anyone can come onto a forum and state they know what does what, or say this or that is happening. But someone genuinly trying help others and learn more, will go that extra mile to actually test it out and back up what they are saying.

If you do have an issue with me, does it stem from that discussion I had with Tigron the other day?
It seemed to really annoy you when I challanged what they said about people only being fast in rain for using external views. Its not the first time they said that by the way.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:41 AM, Tigron said:

My problem with the rain - is unfair advantage to those, who use external cameras or tweak their graphics not to display the rain. It wouldn't be a problem, but such guys set cool times and then nag here that AI is not fast enough. So AI tweaker sets AI times almost unrealistic for people who just want to have immersion with cockpit view and realistic graphic settings. Poland is a good example of crazy fast AI, that has already been pointed out here several times.

But then, even you have said similar things as well.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:44 AM, somethingthing said:

and yes im aware that the AI seems to not care about rain. Maybe the one setting the AI times was driving in hood cam or 3rd person?

Im actually suprised to see that from you, because I have seen just how quick you are in some of the clubs featured through RaindancerAU's Barrel Rollers community. Your a quick driver.

Was it because of my insistence that the physics felt the same as they always did after the 1.13 update?
Because you should know that PJTierney replied to that discussion after Tigron opened a fresh thread about it, and stated very clarely with word from the developers that no physics changes had occured in version 1.13.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:10 PM, PJTierney said:

Hi everyone, just got word from the dev team on this:

• There are no differences between the physics implementation in the VR version of the game and the non-VR version of the game.
  • Also, to confirm: no changes were made to the handling physics in version 1.13

That should hopefully put things to rest for you all.

I really dont have any issues with you, I dont know why you have a chip on the shoulder when I post in response to you or someone else on this forum. The only thing I try to do around here, is help other people improve their driving, help them setup their wheels or other hardware, and help them to improve their gameplay experiances if they have any issues running the game on Windows. I genuinly have no idea what I have done or said to get your knickers in such a twist.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

MSI afterburner is a great tool, but it wont always give you the full picture when it comes to VR. It has its uses, I use it also. And its great for monitoring whats going on when playing games on a monitor, especially in conjuction with Rivatuner. But thats the thing, it works in real time, there is no way to scroll back through the timeline. So unless you are ripping your headset off as soon as you end a run in a game, you may not see all the revelent information. Not to mention certain stages in Dirt Rally 2.0 are more depanding than others, so ideally for testing, you need to put the game in its worst case scenario when changing options and testing; in order to ensure your going to get a stable framerate everywhere. Thats why I always run a stage like Wales Pant Mawr at night in heavy rain for testing, because its going to be more demanding than running Spain in the day in the dry. As one example.

If you want to get a real picture of whats happening when playing a game in VR, you ideally need to be using the Oculus Rifts inbuilt performance monitor overlay. It allows you to see whats going on while in headset much easier than checking after the fact in MSI afterburner. You cant pin the MSI Afterburner window into the Oculus VR enviroment, so you cant have it in visible while testing and playing in VR. I know, ive tried. Oculus Rift software wont see it as an active window to add into the envroment and pin there.

Since you have such an extensive experiance on the Oculus platform, then you sould already know that ASW disabled doesnt stop the frame rate dropping by half if you drop too many frames. It just turns off ASW. This is something I can vary easilly prove to you, if you will drop the chip on your shoulder and actually look at the video. Or you can continue disregarding what I have to say, because after all; you have so much experiance and knowledge on these matters.

Ive made sure that the Oculus Debug window was capture by OBS, so you can see that ASW is "disabled".

You stated you was wrong on page 7 of this thread.

You even made a point to open up your comment by stating you made Dirt Rally stay at 90fps, and that "rain is much much better". So I have no idea why you are arguing with me when I agreed with you, and stated I had been saying this for ages. That the game needs to be at a rock solid framerate, or it just doesnt work well in VR. I even gave suggestions for what options seem to effect the FPS the most, not only for you, but for anyone else who happens reads both of our postings.

The FPS will drop by half a lot sooner with ASW turned to "Auto", which is why I recommend turning it off. It gives just that little more leway with the FPS dips before the FPS drops by half. But as shown in the video linked above, If you take the time to watch it, having ASW disabled doesnt stop the framerate from dropping by half. All ASW is, is a frame smoothing method; which is supposed to help make 45fps feel like 90fps, in the case of the Rift CV1.

Look, I dont know what your issue is with me. Ive got none with you. But I dont come into a discussion like this unprepared, I make sure I know what I am talking about first. If its something new ive never encounted before, I test it for myself before commenting. If someone points me toward something new that might improve my experiance or change my perspective, I test it out for myself. And if I state something is happening, you better believe I will take the time to back it up with pictures and/or videos. Because anyone can come onto a forum and state they know what does what, or say this or that is happening. But someone genuinly trying help others and learn more, will go that extra mile to actually test it out and back up what they are saying.

If you do have an issue with me, does it stem from that discussion I had with Tigron the other day?
It seemed to really annoy you when I challanged what they said about people only being fast in rain for using external views. Its not the first time they said that by the way.

But then, even you have said similar things as well.

Im actually suprised to see that from you, because I have seen just how quick you are in some of the clubs featured through RaindancerAU's Barrel Rollers community. Your a quick driver.

Was it because of my insistence that the physics felt the same as they always did after the 1.13 update?
Because you should know that PJTierney replied to that discussion after Tigron opened a fresh thread about it, and stated very clarely with word from the developers that no physics changes had occured in version 1.13.

I really dont have any issues with you, I dont know why you have a chip on the shoulder when I post in response to you or someone else on this forum. The only thing I try to do around here, is help other people improve their driving, help them setup their wheels or other hardware, and help them to improve their gameplay experiances if they have any issues running the game on Windows. I genuinly have no idea what I have done or said to get your knickers in such a twist.

For heavens sake. MSI AB shows the stats for a run without issues. Also you can record your benchmark results and watch them later but im sure u knew that already, right... right??!! The tries i ran was wales and poland at night in heavy rain. Stop believe that you the only one knowing how to check performance in games. I know that it can push it down to 45 but by turning asw off it wont go up and down as soon as you get a couple of frames dropped.

I said i was kinda wrong.

Edited by somethingthing

2 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

For heavens sake. MSI AB shows the stats for a run without issues. Also you can record your benchmark results and watch them later but im sure u knew that already, right... right??!! The tries i ran wales and poland at night i heavy rain. Stop believe that you the only one knowing how to check performance in games.

Im sorry, but you just proved without a doubt that you have a problem with me. Whatever reasons that may be. Ive been nothing but informative, and backed up everything I have ever said about the physics and about the rain, and about what happens in VR. You have done none of those things, not once. And the stupid thing is, all this started just from me agreeing with your findings that a stable 90fps framerate improves the rain effects in VR.

source.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@CM_Ads Is there any tracing mechanism like which bugs will be held for the next version of the game or what status is the development in? 

Edited by ToMythTo

On 4/7/2020 at 6:40 PM, somethingthing said:

VR

I've lost with all your VR messages 😄

I usually drive with my Oculus rift S with ASW "On" (not Auto) in my i7 9700K 2080S because it's very very smooth (only a few asw artifacts when you are stopped) and I can grow up graphical options to High even Ultra someone.

But I would like to know, if it's possible, your Graphical options in order to run at 90fps almost all the time because even at 40fps, I have some little suttering in some tracks (with rain).

😉

Any news about crashing game on Xbox? Today my game crashed on daily race after i finished And click to contiunes. 

In fact, my game freeze And crashed every day when i try it. Flat Out pack still doesnt work. Every race after i finished and click to contiunes freeze And crashed. It's good to pay for something that doesn't work. #frustration

I have a problem at Xbox game pass windows , even with previous version I bought year one pass (S01-s04) and I'm not able to play at events with up to 2000, group B rwd and more ,and I can't buy at my garage. I can play only at freeplay. The message I get at events is: no valid vehicles and no available to purchase that match the challenge restrictions. PLEASE HELP !!! I'm a long time with that problem.

Thank you

Bug on Steam version:

The boost gauge in the HUD is still bugged.

The boost gauge shows 0 when the car is idling. This is incorrect, it should show a negative value (about -0.7 bar).

The boost gauge shows -1 when the engine is off, This is incorrect, it should show 0.

4 hours ago, lucasscz said:

Any news about crashing game on Xbox? Today my game crashed on daily race after i finished And click to contiunes. 

In fact, my game freeze And crashed every day when i try it. Flat Out pack still doesnt work. Every race after i finished and click to contiunes freeze And crashed. It's good to pay for something that doesn't work. #frustration

On 4/3/2020 at 2:12 PM, neil3646 said:

So, I bit the bullet and reset my save progress in the in-game options...

McRae scenarios no longer crash, nor did using the latest dlc cars in the MyTeam daily events

In PS4, this update it 1.22 number? Just don't know why.

How GB this version of download has?

Thanks

Can't access the first rallycross event (rx super 1600s)it just loads and nothing happens so can you pls do something about it? 

Posted (edited)

Some glaring translation mistakes were reported since 1.8 update but they were not corrected until today. It was said to be still on a tracking sheet but they have not been fixed for nearly 5 months.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/42324-dirt-rally-20-version-18-bug-reports/?tab=comments#comment-460740

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/42324-dirt-rally-20-version-18-bug-reports/?tab=comments#comment-461018

Edited by michciu1907

Posted (edited)
  • Issue:
    the algorithm(s?) that picks stages/weather conditions/times of day is going a little nuts in Bonus Weekly & Monthly Events in My Team as well as Career. since update 1.13 it sometimes picks way too much rain (always in Scotland, very rarely other locations too: I have no examples on hand, but I have seen it, and someone else has reported this in Career mode but I was unable to reproduce it), and it never picks nighttime (so sometimes it has both issues). Bonus Dailies, along with all "standard" Community Challenges and AI Challenges are unaffected by this, as are all RX event types.
  • Platform:
    Steam (though everyone has access to these so this should not matter).

• Game version:
    Digital Deluxe Edition + Year 1 Pass

• Non-Standard Peripherals:
    none
  • Notes:

1. Current Bonus Weekly H2 FWD in Wales. 10 Stages. normal amount of rain (3/10 stages). but all stages are in daytime or at sunset (Wales is the only location with no Dusk option for time of day).

20200410131538_1.thumb.jpg.d9814ff3cd9185e49c2c56b3a7934eb4.jpg20200410131533_1.thumb.jpg.cc0e494ebd9cfc6cf26811e235b79ad8.jpg

2. Current Bonus Weekly 2000cc in Poland. 7 Stages. normal(ish) amount of rain (0/10 stages). no stages at night

20200410132018_1.thumb.jpg.4f22546805af7d09613c36fa95e32930.jpg20200410132023_1.thumb.jpg.24d46722e0a172a3c26d3ef35192e985.jpg

3. Current Bonus Monthly R2. Event 1: Scotland. 10 Stages. lots of rain (6/10 - this is the least rain I have yet seen in a weekly/monthly event in Scotland. all other have had 70-100% of stages in the rain). no stages at night.

20200410132407_1.thumb.jpg.0e67f3981a8272e1f7fccf88c53e48b7.jpg20200410132410_1.thumb.jpg.9a3678e940711ab02565d30a50f4ceb1.jpg

Event 2: Australia. 8 Stages. 0/8 rain. 0/8 at night.

20200410132841_1.thumb.jpg.5c627609aa238e79d8a3fee5c427f297.jpg20200410132842_1.thumb.jpg.d87e452c2fb4266fe71824bdd9653e2f.jpg

Event 3: Poland. 7 Stages. 1/7 rain. 0/7 at night. I couldn't be bothered to take the second screenshot, sorry.

20200410132859_1.thumb.jpg.ca24ec8bb9ec604ec21d2a8b6588f071.jpg

Event 4: Poland (how did it pick Poland twice in a row?!!?). 6 Stages. 1/6 rain. 0/6 night.

20200410132846_1.thumb.jpg.c2912d09f8718f073cf74dce2ec5509f.jpg

3. Career mode. Elite difficulty, so 10 Stages per location. I entered then immediately abandoned my current championship. I will not bombard you with more screenshots, but suffice it to say that in the new championship the game loaded for me, out of 60 stages, there were about 12-14 in the rain and 0/60 were at night.

• locations: Scotland, Germany, New England, Greece, Poland, Wales
  • 6 of the 12-14 rain stages were in Scotland (so 6/10 in that location, and 6-8/50 everywhere else)

I then loaded several other career championships trying to get Scotland to pop up again. it took a while:

4. Career mode again. Elite difficulty. same process to load a new championship. 5/60 stages in the rain. 0/60 at night.

• locations: Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Wales, Greece, Poland

5. Career mode again. Elite difficulty. same process to load a new championship. 9/60 stages in the rain/snow (snow because Monte Carlo/Sweden). 0/60 at night.

• locations: Germany, Poland, Finland, Argentina, New Zealand, Monte Carlo

6. Career mode again. Elite difficulty. same process to load a new championship. 13/60 stages in the rain/snow. 0/60 at night.

• locations: Sweden, Greece, New England, New Zealand, Spain, Wales

7. Career mode again. Elite difficulty. same process to load a new championship. 12/60 stages in the rain/snow. 0/60 at night.

• locations: Sweden, New England, Spain, New Zealand, Finland, Greece

8. Career mode again. Elite difficulty. same process to load a new championship. 10/60 stages in the rain/snow. 0/60 at night.

• locations: Germany, Argentina, Spain, New England, New Zealand, Australia

9. Career mode again. Elite difficulty. same process to load a new championship. 13/60 stages in the rain/snow. 0/60 at night.

• locations: Scotland, Monte Carlo, Australia, Spain, Argentina, New Zealand
  • 8 of the 13 stages in the rain were in Scotland, so 8/10 in that location, and 5/50 everywhere else. Spain had 3 in the rain. Australia had 2. the other 3 locations had exactly 0 rain stages between them.

then I went through the types of My Team events that do not seem to be affected by this.

10. Current (Standard) Weekly R5 in Poland. 8 Stages. normal amount of rain (3/8 stages). normal amount of night (2/8 stages)

11. Current (Standard) Monthly H2 FWD

• Event 1: Poland. 7 Stages. 4/7 rain stages. 1/7 night stages
  • Event 2: Spain. 5 Stages. 2/5 rain stages. 1/5 night stages
  • Event 3: New England. 8 Stages. 0/8 rain stages. 2/8 night stages.

12. Current AI Weekly: RX2 in Holjes. RX works differently: there is never night, and the weather is always the same in all 6 races in each location, so I am not counting this. 

13. Current (Standard) Monthly H2 FWD

• Event 1: Argentina. 10 Stages. 2/10 rain stages. 2/10 night stages
  • Event 2: New Zealand. 10 Stages. 1/10 rain stages. 3/10 night stages
  • Event 3: Australia. 10 Stages. 1/10 rain stages. 2/10 night stages
  • Event 4: Poland. 7 Stages. 0/7 rain stages. 1/7 night stages.
Edited by ianism
  • Thanks 1