DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.13 Bug Reports

Posted (edited)
  • Issue:
    the algorithm(s?) that picks stages/weather conditions/times of day is weird in Custom Championship for some locations. it seems that in New Zealand, New England and Scotland, whenever there's 4 stages at night, it means one of the other times of day (either sunset or dusk) is not present in the event at all, and there will be zero wet stages. Wales seems to have something similar, except there's always 4 night stages out of 12 because there's no dusk.
  • also, some locations just receive very little rain, which is kind of a shame in my opinion. I realise that these are mostly places where it doesn't rain much, but 1 stage out of 240 (in Greece, see below) is just ridiculous.

• Platform:
    Steam (though everyone has access to these so this should not matter).

• Game version:
    Digital Deluxe Edition + Year 1 Pass

• Non-Standard Peripherals:
    none
  • Notes:

I went into Freeplay > Add Event > select location > select car class > Edit Event > Add All Stages.

this picks every stage in the location for a full rally of 12 stages. I wanted to see if it did the same thing as the My Team algorithm(s).

I picked Add All Stages 5 times for each location, unless otherwise noted.

1. Scotland.

• 8/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night(!!)
  • 0/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night. *0/12 stages at Dusk 
  • 7/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 0/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night. *0/12 stages at Dusk.
  • 9/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night.

it's not massively surprising that an event with no dusk in Scotland will have fewer rain stages because in Scotland heavy rain is the only weather condition that exists for dusk. however, to go from 50-75% stages in the rain to 0% is nuts

2. Wales.

• 0/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night. *Wales has no dusk, so 4/12 stages at night is normal. all other locations will usually have 3
  • 4/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night.
  • 0/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night.
  • 0/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night.
  • 5/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night.

I did this many more than 5 times. it always either selected 0 rain stages or 3-6 rain stages in Wales, never anything else. it was about a 50-50 split.

3. New England.

• 5/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 3/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 0/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night. *0/12 stages at sunset
  • 0/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night. *0/12 stages at sunset

4. Sweden.

• 0/12 stages in the Snow. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 3/12 stages in the Snow. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 7/12 stages in the Snow. 3/12 stages at night.

5. Spain.

• 2/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 4/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 1/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night.

6. Poland. 

• 0/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night.

I also did this many more than 5 times for Poland. ~80% of the time it selected 0 rain stages. the other 20% of the time is selected between 1-5 rain stages.

7. New Zealand.

• 6/12 stages in the rain. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 0/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night. *0/12 stages at dusk
  • 0/12 stages in the rain. 4/12 stages at night. *0/12 stages at dusk

8. Monte Carlo.

• 5/12 stages in the light snow. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 4/12 stages in the light snow. 3/12 stages at night.
  • 3/12 stages in the light snow. 2/12 stages at night.

9. Greece.

Greece only has rain at one time of day (sunset), so it's natural that it has less rain than other locations if the algorithm is picking randomly. I selected Add All Stages about 20 times for this location. it picked a rain location on exactly 1 stage (out of ~240), which is hilariously, extremely low. 

10. Germany.

11. Finland.

12. Australia.

13. Argentina.

I also did this many more than 5 times for Argentina. ~80% of the time it selected 0 rain stages. the other 20% of the time is selected between 1-2 rain stages.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 7:56 PM, neil3646 said:

Yeaach it's works. I try 3 scenarios in Flat Out pack And no longer crash. Thanks man.

• Like 1

Just curious if the previous reports about the bridge FPS drop were enough to get a bug fix in the works? I saw the guy’s video about it where he shows there’s a frame drop at the bridge seam, but it’s actually much worse on an older machine than he mentions—going down to 20 or under for me and almost invariably causing me to wreck if I try and take the turn after at full speed. 

Thanks! 

• Like 3

In Peugeot 208 T16 R5 the driver door sometimes appears in the wrong position is cockpit view, so there is a large gap between door and A-pillar.

1804416895_20200411214238_1kopio.thumb.jpg.6c316fc579bfbf8c79599cf93e4cf7f9.jpg

vs. Door in correct position:

20200411215003_1.thumb.jpg.3bef1754dd749c61fa22618a0d5b5826.jpg

• Steam, super deluxe edition
  • 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, SSD, Windows 10, SB Z
  • 2D, 2560x1440 60Hz
  • Logitech G920+shifter
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Hello, 

Dear development team, the brazilian portuguese pacenotes on Scotland are a mess =( . I don't think that too many portuguese speakers come here to report these problems, but it's impossible to play using portuguese pacenotes on Scotland, specially on Newhouse Bridge  at Perth and Kinross Stage (the one I recorded this video) on Conlin Mcrae new mode (year 1991) you guys made. I haven't tested on other modes because I've got so upset that I just close the game.  

I've already found those problems on other stages (and on dirt rally 1, but this one had the support finished) and I don't exactly remember now the stages, but this problem happened on other stages as well, as far as I tested today, this problem doesn't happens on english pacenotes, I know that although I speak english I could play using english pacenotes, but I react better on portuguese pacenotes.  

On the video IDK if the portuguese speak is long or just happens a desync with the game, but the pacenotes degradate fast, my upload is terrible and I can't upload the whole video because it will take too much time, but this is the point where the notes start to get late from there and beyond It'll just get worse, on 24 seconds you can see an arrow pointing 3 right and the voice says Left 3 related to the left turn that happened 5 seconds earlier that I made a mistake on the video. 

As I said I saw this happening on other stages but I didn't recorded or minded to report it, because I thought it was a pontual error which would be fixed on a patch, and I saw a few players mentinoning portuguese errors, but this kind of problem with pacenotes wasn't patched.

Edited by Midgot
I haven't said the correct stage name
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I downloaded Dirt 2.0 on the PS4 just recently. I am really enjoying the game but I have run into an early issue in the Career mode.

The first time, I had Ribadelles, Spain in one of the first events. This caused an infinite loading screen. I waited up to 15 minutes on atleast 5 occssions and it would not progress past the loading screen.

I did several resets which did not work. I even went into safe mode and reinstalled the database. This did not work either.

I did some reading and decided to cut my losses. I deleted my championship progress and started again. Ridabelles, Spain has come up again a bit further into the championship and I have come across the identical problem again. 

Version 1.22 is what I have installed and an update check states this is the latest version.

Can someone please let me know how to go about fixing this? I can't advance any further until this is sorted.

Thanks, Dean.

1586655369633943789229903619428.jpg

Edited by Sigman21
Added photo of problem.

Xbox One user here.

I recently bought the dirt rally 2.0 game of the year edition in the spring sale. I installed the game with all it's dlc's and launched it with the profile which bought the game. Everything works fine with this profile. But when I launch the game with an other profile on the same Xbox then the game doesn't work correctly. First of all, the icon in the upper right corner doesn't change to the season 4 icon. Secondly, all of the dlc rallys like Finnland, Sweden, Germany... don't appear in the career mode, but they appear in the career mode on the Xbox profile which bought the game. I don't know why this happens because I have access to all of the dlc cars and rallys in time trail with all profiles.

(PC, Steam) Minor audio glitch with the Subaru Legacy and the Impreza S4 Rally: The distinctive "click" sound when you engage/disengage the handbrake doesn't play.

Can be easily replicated by going to DirtFish, driving forward slowly and using the handbrake. As far as I've noticed, this sound is present for every other car in the game.

Posted (edited)

So, it seems that for some both 'If in Doubt...' and '...Flat Out' unlocked and for others it didn't. Is that correct? 

The 'In its Element' achievement unlocked for me though, so not all achievements seem to be glitched. 

Edited by richie

17 hours ago, Sigman21 said:

I did several resets which did not work. I even went into safe mode and reinstalled the database. This did not work either.

I did some reading and decided to cut my losses. I deleted my championship progress and started again. Ridabelles, Spain has come up again a bit further into the championship and I have come across the identical problem again. 

Version 1.22 is what I have installed and an update check states this is the latest version.

Can someone please let me know how to go about fixing this? I can't advance any further until this is sorted.

Thanks, Dean.

I have exactly the same here. I have had this in custom events as well, so It´s not only in career mode if my observations are right. Only thing I can say about it, that haven´t got it once yet when driving with Lancia Fulvia but at least having it with any other car classes so far. But can´t still confirm if the car being selected for the event is causing it.

Here as well the platform is PS4 and v. 1.22.

Hopefully fix coming soon, but otherwise fantastic game.

Xbox One X, v1.13

In most stages, the sound has a bit of distortion, some hissing and crackling going on. Nothing major, but definitely annoying.

11 hours ago, SirThomas81 said:

I have exactly the same here. I have had this in custom events as well, so It´s not only in career mode if my observations are right. Only thing I can say about it, that haven´t got it once yet when driving with Lancia Fulvia but at least having it with any other car classes so far. But can´t still confirm if the car being selected for the event is causing it.

Here as well the platform is PS4 and v. 1.22.

Hopefully fix coming soon, but otherwise fantastic game.

I've now had the same happen in the historic event. Ribadelles, Spain.

1 hour ago, Sigman21 said:

I've now had the same happen in the historic event. Ribadelles, Spain.

Ok, my career is currently stuck in situation that I won the historic class open championship and now started to play with NR4/R4 Subaru the clubman championship where it worked the first rally which was USA and then now doesn´t go to first stage on 2nd rally New Zealand Elsthorpe Sprint Forward. I at least have ended up to this hanging issue with several different rallies so I don´t think it´s about the specific rally and maybe as you say not the car either. One thing which I am not 100% sure but seems to actually come in the beginning of the event, I don´t at least remember having it in the middle of the rally event anymore if it has gone through to first stage, how about you?

38 minutes ago, Freddygore said:

I have a bug only with the polo r5, in cockpit view the wheel is missing !

Check first if you have not diabled the rendering of the steering wheel. It is an option in the game settings.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:54 PM, SirThomas81 said:

Ok, my career is currently stuck in situation that I won the historic class open championship and now started to play with NR4/R4 Subaru the clubman championship where it worked the first rally which was USA and then now doesn´t go to first stage on 2nd rally New Zealand Elsthorpe Sprint Forward. I at least have ended up to this hanging issue with several different rallies so I don´t think it´s about the specific rally and maybe as you say not the car either. One thing which I am not 100% sure but seems to actually come in the beginning of the event, I don´t at least remember having it in the middle of the rally event anymore if it has gone through to first stage, how about you?

Unfortunately happens to me whether it is in the beginning or middle. I'm on my 5th career now. Can't get past it. Other events are telling me the file is currupted when it clearly isnt. Its frustrating as i am enjoying the game otherwise.

Posted (edited)

A minor thing: "Unexpected moments" can cause deer to spawn at fastest part of Germany stages, at a point where a car at >220km/h will clip through the 2d sprites. It'll also fill your cockpit view windscreen in a scary fashion, of course. I guess these were supposed to render a bit further away from the car, so not to cause a laundry accident.

close_encounter.jpg

Edited by AlleyViper
  • Haha 1

Hi. I searched for the same issue but didn't find. Also Google didn't find exact same.

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I recently bought the Dirt 2.0 and have been tweaking the settings to play with VR glasses. I finally got those right but the game freezes 1st itself and then the whole computer and hard reset is needed. It's almost like a old harddrive would crash or memory leak would eat the whole memory. Well those aren't the case, game was on m2. ssd and i moved it to normal ssd, no help there. Also, i have 32 gb of ddr4 ram and 2080 Super OC oc'd (no, it's not the overclock, already tried with stock AND Dirt Rally 2.0 is the only game which does this freezing). CPU is delidded 8700K @4.9/5GHz (Yes, tried with stock). No temp problems there. At least if HWinfo can be trusted. And according to Hwinfo the system wasn't even close to having a hard time. No error codes were given, so I'm not giving them either.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Latest and "Super Deluxe"

3.       Game-mode?

VR. SteamVR version but using Rift and running with Oculus SDK. I've also set the VR-mirror to windowed mode with lower res ("nice" streoscopes btw, glad i know how to make source mirror with better viewing. 😄 . When will Codemaster change it on eye view with no stencils for Oculus users with a little wider FOV? It's not even hard to set on oculusmirror, instructions are on Oculus dev section 😉 ). 

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

Yeah, just playing the game recreates it every time. Steps are: Load Oculus, load Steam, start Dirt Rally 2.0 with the Oculus option, play game, curse Codemasters, Oculus, Nvidia to the lowest pit of Hell when the game freezes the game and computer at a random point of practice or race.

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

Every time i play.

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.

Game was on m2. ssd and i moved it to normal ssd, no help there. Also, i have 32 gb of ddr4 ram and 2080 Super OC oc'd (no, it's not the overclock, already tried with stock AND Dirt Rally 2.0 is the only game which does this freezing). CPU is delidded 8700K @4.9/5GHz (Yes, tried with stock). No temp problems there. I also tried to check the Windows System Management to find out is there any obvious errors but no, nothing related to the game, Oculus, no WHEATS etc. Only crits come from the unexpected shutdowns (those being the hard resets). 

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

Oculus CV1 with Touch and old Thrustmaster RGT FFB Pro Clutch edition.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Well no, at the current state of issue the screenshooting especially is a bit hard as everything goes unresponsive and there is no error popups from the game.

All the drivers are up to date, but i was thinking does the NVIDIA driver which has bugged the f1 2019 the culprit here also, should i downgrade to 442.74?

Posted (edited)

During today's daily on NZ w/ H2 rwd + Heavy Rain I was greeted again by the very rare wipers bug that, out of nothing on a car without damage, causes wipers to suddenly stop working until manually turned on again, just to keep turning off seconds after being turned on. It happened roughly at the mid of the second section of this long stage. At this point, the only solution is to turn on Auto Wipers on the assists, where they suddenly start working 100% without interruptions. And no, it's not a stuck/failing button sending presses (wipers assigned to left on d-pad, that would also cause menu navigation problems if so, and behavior wouldn't be restricted to a single stage; xbox 360 wired controller/Steam).

Right at the end of the stage, before the last two corners, I've turned the assist off to re-check for this bug, and had my wipers turned off again after a few seconds, then after manually turning them on, they went off some seconds after, just to be turned on automatically after finishing the cross line. This must be one of the most frustrating bugs this game has, that can cause you to quit on a rainy stage when manual wipers (without assist) are used. Thanks for looking into this.

Note: This has nothing to do with wipers intermittently skip a wipe, which is probably intended as an electric failure.

Edited by AlleyViper

Olá, gostaria de reportar que nos estágios da Escócia as notas de navegação no idioma Português não permanecem sincronizadas. Agradeço.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Weekly Events Group B Germany
I drove my Audi and had until stage 8 485km on the speedometer when I wanted to go to the service park, the server didn't want to
I went to the main menu and when I started stage 9 I suddenly had 1183km🤬

Hey

Version 1.13.0 - Steam 

Radeon RX 550, 

FX 6300 3.50ghz

Memory:12 GB

jdltxOo.jpg

ffWUTa1.jpg

aV326tE.jpgAM1mkhx.jpg

08CO7xh.jpgo3HXjwB.jpg

Posted (edited)

Version 1.13 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

1st Bug

Yesterday 2020/04/17, USA Daily, windshield wipers suddenly stopped while the car was running on a heavy rain stage exactly in front of the series of hairpins. The car had no damage before the event. I use dashcam view, and for me such "unexpected moment" normally means DNF at once. This looks not very fair comparing to people using external cameras. Unfortunately, I could not reproduce it in replay. But in fact I had to almost stop to play around with wipers switch to make them work again.

P.S. Accidental hit of wipers switch is impossible. I have it in place where it is not easy to hit it by mistake. Also to shut down the wipers you need to press and hold the bottom and it will be visible in the replay. But in the replay everything was fine.

2nd Bug

Taday's 2020/04/18, Bonus Daily event, Metro MG in Argentina, the car suddenly teleported into the pillar on the 4th bridge. It is very clearly visible even in replay from helicopter view.

Developers, please explain how trajectory selection mechanism works. This video makes me suspect some dirty tricks behind the scene, replacing real simulation with randomization scripts.

Edited by Tigron
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tigron said:

1st Bug

Yesterday 2020/04/17, USA Daily, windshield wipers suddenly stopped while the car was running on a heavy rain stage exactly in front of the series of hairpins. The car had no damage before the event. I use dashcam view, and for me such "unexpected moment" normally means DNF at once. This looks not very fair comparing to people using external cameras. Unfortunately, I could not reproduce it in replay. But in fact I had to almost stop to play around with wipers switch to make them work again.

P.S. Accidental hit of wipers switch is impossible. I have it in place where it is not easy to hit it by mistake. Also to shut down the wipers you need to press and hold the bottom and it will be visible in the replay. But in the replay everything was fine.

I've had that issue up to 3 times by now under heavy rain, once in RX career championship, twice on community events, being the last time the one described on my previous report yesterday on NZ (here). Always with a freshly repaired car, which didn't suffer damage at the moment wipers stopped working.

It only seems to happen with manual wipers (the assist is off), and even after manually turning them on after they go off unexpectedly (long press on assigned button) they'll keep stop working again some time later, leaving you blind for some seconds repeatedly until you finish the stage.

If you ever come across this issue* again mid-stage, immediately pause, go into the assists menu and enable automatic wipers (even if it'll make you show as a player using assists on the final results table). After the assist is on, they'll be working back without any interruptions until the end of the stage. So you don't forget about it on, you can disable the assist again just before crossing the finish line, but not before the last corner as they can go off again if the time interval is enough for the issue to repeat.

*not the random electrical failure that makes them skip a wipe occasionally, but resume working without player input

Edited by AlleyViper