DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Advice on T-GT (PS4) Setup

Hi All! 

With the Flat Out Pack out today I'm back on Dirt Rally 2.0 after a long hiatus! Typical fashion I've forgotten everything and how to set the wheel up.

Essentially I'm on PS4 running a Thrustmaster T-GT (In Other Mode Selected) Wheel is Calibrated at 1080 as Standard. My understanding is that when Soft Lock is Enabled It's meant to match the Rotation of the Car which is seems to work perfectly with Cars like the Skoda Fabia & The New Subaru Impreza S4 etc, However on the older cars like the Ford Sierra & Subaru Legacy VW Golf etc the Rotation's arn't automatically rotating with the hands on screen? Meaning It looks like It's stuck on 1080... Is there something I'm not doing correctly? I have Calibrated the Wheel & Clicked X on It once the Tick comes up which I've seen Scaff's Video's on YouTube around this...

When I remember back to the Original Dirt Rally I could Just stick Soft Lock all day and not worry about changing or messing around with anything but if anyone can help me set It up properly (Easiest method possible) I'd really appreciate it! 

Many Thanks in advance for any replies!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marky264 said:

Cars like the Skoda Fabia & The New Subaru Impreza S4 etc, However on the older cars like the Ford Sierra & Subaru Legacy VW Golf etc the Rotation's arn't automatically rotating with the hands on screen? Meaning It looks like It's stuck on 1080

The Fabia and S4 have 540 degrees of rotation in real life, but some of the older cars have 1080 degrees.

So it sounds like it's working correctly? The way you wrote that is a bit confusing. It seems like you mean the wheel is stuck on 540 degrees of rotation.

Do you mean the rotation of the wheel in game is not matching up with the actual rotation of your wheel in real-life?

Is your steering saturation set to 100? if it is and still not working correctly, try calibrate the wheel again. make sure you turn it to FULL LOCK when it asks you to, and not just half lock. 

Also something else you can try: on the T-GT you can decrease or increase the amount of rotation by pressing the "Mode" button along with the left or right D-pad at the same time. Make sure you press the D-pad all the way to the left to make sure that the rotation is set on the default 1080. You may have changed the rotation this way in the past which is why it's not working properly with soft lock.

Edited by Tranzitive

23 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

The Fabia and S4 have 540 degrees of rotation in real life, but some of the older cars have 1080 degrees.

So it sounds like it's working correctly? The way you wrote that is a bit confusing. It seems like you mean the wheel is stuck on 540 degrees of rotation.

Do you mean the rotation of the wheel in game is not matching up with the actual rotation of your wheel in real-life?

Is your steering saturation set to 100? if it is and still not working correctly, try calibrate the wheel again. make sure you turn it to FULL LOCK when it asks you to, and not just half lock. 

Also something else you can try: on the T-GT you can decrease or increase the amount of rotation by pressing the "Mode" button along with the left or right D-pad at the same time. Make sure you press the D-pad all the way to the left to make sure that the rotation is set on the default 1080. You may have changed the rotation this way in the past which is why it's not working properly with soft lock.

Right I see, If that's the case shouldn't the hands on screen match my inputs on the Steering Wheel Itself? For example I'm turning large 90 Degree's and It's hardly turning on the Hands/Wheel in game and then I try to correct a slide I Just spin because not enough Input is being detected? 

Calibration is all done and on Full Lock at 1080 Degree's as setup as standard. But my presumption was that Soft Lock automatically changes per car so I don't need to fiddle around with changing the MODE Setting on the Base it self? 

It's also set to 100% Saturation & Calibrated correctly lock to lock.

The Legacy on 720 Degree's Mode still feels over saturated and again doesn't match the Wheel Hands/Input in game for example...

Yes soft lock does automatically change per car. 

I would suggest changing the mode setting on the base itself to 1080. You may have in the past decreased the rotation on the base using 'mode' and maybe just forgotten about it. Or maybe by accident.

Also have you tried updating the drivers/firmware for the wheel? They released new firmware for the T-GT in Feb of this year. You can grab it here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t-gt-en/

This is what I would try, in this order:

1) Push the mode button and the d-pad left a few times to check if it's in 1080 degree rotation mode

2) Make sure that you disable the KEEP APPLICATION SUSPENDED option on the PS4 system under REST MODE options. This has been known to interfere with the calibration of this wheel. You can find this under SET FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE IN REST MODE.

4) Turn off the console completely. Do not put it into rest mode. 

5) Wait 30 seconds or so to make sure the wheel is fully off. Make sure the wheel is plugged in to the USB port BEFORE turning on the console, and turn the console back on again.

6) Recalibrate the wheel in DR2.0

7) If that doesn't work, update the drivers

8.) After updating the drivers, open the Thrustmaster control panel, and make sure the rotation is set to 1080 degrees

9) After the above steps, re-calibrate the wheel in DR2.0 again, and see if it works properly

10) If it STILL does not work, then do the following. turn off the PS4, and unplug the USB cable for the wheel. Plug the cable back in, turn on the console, and wait for the autocalibration phase to end. After that, turn the wheel fully to the LEFT until you reach a stop. The turn it fully to the RIGHT until you reach a stop. Then move the wheel back to center and make sure it's perfectly centred. While holding that position, push the SHARE, OPTIONS,and MODE buttons simultaneously and hold them. The LED on the wheel should briefly change colour, then change back to its initial colour. That means that the wheel's center value has been reset.