Sign in to follow this  

Red Bull Global Rallycross Round 1

It was round one of the Red Bull Global Rallycross this weekend at the Top Gear festival in Barbados, I was poking around their website and found some pretty cool pics I thought I'd share.

I did see a YouTube video of Lewis Hamilton in a F1 car racing Ken Block in his Fiesta but I can't find it now :/

I still prefer World Rally Cross. For starters- it actually lives up to it's name.

fIsince08 said:
This one Lee? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9W4QC1CzSQ
Yeah that's the one. I'm hoping they put together a proper video for it.

Perhaps I've been spoilt with the level of PR we have seen for RallycrossRX/World Rallycross, but I thought the GRC did a very poor job with communication for round one. 

All the heat times/positions I picked up were from drivers individual Facebook pages rather then the main GRC page, plus the live timing seems very erratic. I thought the support of Red Bull would improve the speed they fed results back, not slow it down!

I completely agree with you @tbtstt . I was not a fan of GRC last year but I wanted to give it a fair chance for Round 1 of 2014.

I've struggled to find info about the track and during the heats/races I had no idea what was going, what the format was and who was leading on points! Shambles!

Compared to stadium-tracks they've had last year the one in Barbados looked pretty good.

With Euro RX last year even when they didn't have live coverage they had highlights clips out in a couple of hours. GRC Youtube channel is kind of dead right now...

I look forward to some good edits of Lewis vs Ken, but overall the GRC in Barbados was a bit of a mess in my view

I'm watching the Rallycross at X-Games in Austin (also a GRC round)... That series is at times such a joke compared to WorldRX... The driving standards are appalling...

The track is also rather poor as there are pretty much no overtaking spots

Not managed to see any coverage of the race yet, just a few Facebook posts from drivers.

Shocking lack of news again, the GRC hasn't even come close to the World Rallycross for PR this year (in my opinion anyway).

Yeah I managed to see some of the X-Games coverage. Not the best races really but I guess they can't all be winners. Was nice to see all the names I recognised from DiRT 2 racing each other though!