Jump to content Jump to content

Red Bull Global Rallycross Round 1

It was round one of the Red Bull Global Rallycross this weekend at the Top Gear festival in Barbados, I was poking around their website and found some pretty cool pics I thought I'd share.

I did see a YouTube video of Lewis Hamilton in a F1 car racing Ken Block in his Fiesta but I can't find it now :/

Perhaps I've been spoilt with the level of PR we have seen for RallycrossRX/World Rallycross, but I thought the GRC did a very poor job with communication for round one. 

All the heat times/positions I picked up were from drivers individual Facebook pages rather then the main GRC page, plus the live timing seems very erratic. I thought the support of Red Bull would improve the speed they fed results back, not slow it down!

I completely agree with you @tbtstt . I was not a fan of GRC last year but I wanted to give it a fair chance for Round 1 of 2014.

I've struggled to find info about the track and during the heats/races I had no idea what was going, what the format was and who was leading on points! Shambles!

Compared to stadium-tracks they've had last year the one in Barbados looked pretty good.

With Euro RX last year even when they didn't have live coverage they had highlights clips out in a couple of hours. GRC Youtube channel is kind of dead right now...

I look forward to some good edits of Lewis vs Ken, but overall the GRC in Barbados was a bit of a mess in my view
  • 3 weeks later...
Not managed to see any coverage of the race yet, just a few Facebook posts from drivers.

Shocking lack of news again, the GRC hasn't even come close to the World Rallycross for PR this year (in my opinion anyway).
  • Codemasters Staff
Yeah I managed to see some of the X-Games coverage. Not the best races really but I guess they can't all be winners. Was nice to see all the names I recognised from DiRT 2 racing each other though!