Jump to content Jump to content

Freeze and crash after race

MarkB1211

I am on Xbox One S. In career mode, and now in Flat Out scenarios, the game will freeze and then crash to xbox dashboard after a race. This wipes progress in career mode, rendering it unplayable. I don't really understand how a game that is unplayable can get game of the year. Please fix this major issue.

Edit: Daily, monthly, and weekly events have never crashed on me

Edit: Turns out now it crashes for (some) dailies too. Crashed after today's (03/24/2020) special event in the Subara Impreza S4 Rally. It still registered as completed rather than DNF. 

Edit: Has crashed for weeklies now also. May be crashing for events which contain any news content. Something seems to have gotten worse with the McRae expansion.

Edited by MarkB1211
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same issue.  Regular Xbox One here.  It registered my time in a daily even though it crashed but in the new Flat Out add on it doesn't register that I completed anything..  I restarted my console and played another daily and it didn't lock up but then I played one of the Flat Out scenarios and it locked up again.  This definitely ruins things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I tried since months to get it solved by Codemasters, but they don't listen.
The game crashes for a while now regularly in My Team Rally Career and resetting the progress.
Couldn't finish a complete career since last august.

But I didn't had a crash in dailies/weeklies and scenario mode so far.

We One/One S-users are probably not that important to them.
This is so critical, that it should be high priority and fixed with a "hot fix" out of the regular "every month" patch.
But since the epidemic, I'm not sure, if there are still the capabilities at the studio actually working on it.

14 hours ago, rickmiller48 said:

Same issue.  Regular Xbox One here.  It registered my time in a daily even though it crashed but in the new Flat Out add on it doesn't register that I completed anything..  I restarted my console and played another daily and it didn't lock up but then I played one of the Flat Out scenarios and it locked up again.  This definitely ruins things.

I am having similar issues on my Xbox One X since the update including crashes on dailies and flat out scenarios. I have not done the weekly because I was hoping something would change and then I wouldn't get a DNF for that one.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is outrages,

CODEMASTER please fix issues with Carrier and Flat out on XBOX before moving on. People who love this game are not interested in DIRT5, so let us enjoy the game we love and SORT IT OUT.

Dirt Rally 2.0  without the fix will die otherwise.

Edited by RK1982

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It is now more than a year that Dirt Rally 2.0 on xbox one resets at the end of each race.
It is no longer possible to play in career mode or in free play. You cannot start rallycross that resets after the first race and does not save your progress. You can even no longer change the settings or the setup of the cars that when you try to save it resets and does not save. I am not going to stop playing this game because it is the best there is. I also bought Dirt 5, Dirt 4, Dirt Rally 1 which work great but are much uglier compared to 2.0!
I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem persists.
I understand it's an old game now and you don't intend to make any new updates but it's time to fix the problem. Having also purchased all the DLCs I paid for a working game and this is not.
If you are a serious company it is time to find a solution to the problem, also because I have seen that I am not the only one to encounter these errors on other platforms so the error is yours and not of my xbox.
You took the money so I think we have a right to have a working product.
Please at least deign an answer.
And stop wasting time releasing Dirt 5 updates as it will always remain a bad game that can only appeal to children who are not able to play a simulator (in the meantime, now you have taken my money also for this, even if you do not 'I never used because bad).

It became virtually impossible to play Dirt 2.0 it keeps crashing and resetting the game. You can no longer make the career, the Rallycross championships the Colin McRae career, the car setup or save the options. You can only play the daily challenges with the reset after each race. But recently it often crashes even before accessing the daily challenges. Codemaster you must be ashamed! If you were a serious company you would have already solved. It has been going on like this for more than a year.
In spite of myself, I had to switch to Wrc.

I had to buy WRC 10 but it's not as good as Dirt 2.0

I also bought Dirt 1 which works great but also I don't like it like 2.0

The money you took it is time to solve this problem.

I also wrote an email to Codemaster but the answers still don't arrive. You are fools. If you don't know how to solve it, at least give the money back.