DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Freeze and crash after race

Posted (edited)

I am on Xbox One S. In career mode, and now in Flat Out scenarios, the game will freeze and then crash to xbox dashboard after a race. This wipes progress in career mode, rendering it unplayable. I don't really understand how a game that is unplayable can get game of the year. Please fix this major issue.

Edit: Daily, monthly, and weekly events have never crashed on me

Edit: Turns out now it crashes for (some) dailies too. Crashed after today's (03/24/2020) special event in the Subara Impreza S4 Rally. It still registered as completed rather than DNF. 

Edit: Has crashed for weeklies now also. May be crashing for events which contain any news content. Something seems to have gotten worse with the McRae expansion.

Edited by MarkB1211
  • Like 1

Same issue.  Regular Xbox One here.  It registered my time in a daily even though it crashed but in the new Flat Out add on it doesn't register that I completed anything..  I restarted my console and played another daily and it didn't lock up but then I played one of the Flat Out scenarios and it locked up again.  This definitely ruins things.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Exactly the same here. Every time I press continue after a stage in any McRae scenario, and most My Team event stages, game freezes and crashes 

Edited by neil3646
  • Like 1

I tried since months to get it solved by Codemasters, but they don't listen.
The game crashes for a while now regularly in My Team Rally Career and resetting the progress.
Couldn't finish a complete career since last august.

But I didn't had a crash in dailies/weeklies and scenario mode so far.

We One/One S-users are probably not that important to them.
This is so critical, that it should be high priority and fixed with a "hot fix" out of the regular "every month" patch.
But since the epidemic, I'm not sure, if there are still the capabilities at the studio actually working on it.

14 hours ago, rickmiller48 said:

Same issue.  Regular Xbox One here.  It registered my time in a daily even though it crashed but in the new Flat Out add on it doesn't register that I completed anything..  I restarted my console and played another daily and it didn't lock up but then I played one of the Flat Out scenarios and it locked up again.  This definitely ruins things.

I am having similar issues on my Xbox One X since the update including crashes on dailies and flat out scenarios. I have not done the weekly because I was hoping something would change and then I wouldn't get a DNF for that one.