Sign in to follow this  

Mechanical failure

Hi all,

so I am in my third season now, but I never faced a mechanical issue. Can "we" get engine blow ups or something like this as well? Or just the AI?

The only thing I had was once that the gearbox lost a gear.

Seems like as soon as you develop the yellow string in your F&E this never can happen right?

Thanks for feedback

• Agree 1

You can't get a random engine blow up unfortunately. Only AI so far.

A component will blow up only if that component is 100% worn. (You might notice a loss of power entering 65% worn components)

We've been asking for random failures for years now. 

seriously? ..... Geoff Crammonds GP2 had engine failures already 😛 well ok I just thought I am lucky, then this is a big minus point now for F1 2019

I'm really hoping for random failures to come in the next game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zon1bzh said:

I'm really hoping for random failures to come in the next game.

As long as it's entirely optional then yes I agree. Probably best to wait until the game has see a few patches though!

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

seriously? ..... Geoff Crammonds GP2 had engine failures already 😛 well ok I just thought I am lucky, then this is a big minus point now for F1 2019

man these were good old days...

100% Race after 1,5 hour of racing suddenly you get an electronic, engine or gearbox failure in the last lap and your race is over....damn that was hard but really appriciated the race finish.

Sometimes you could save it and go to the pits....

• Like 1

I guess that would be on of the biggest gaming comebacks, GP5 😉

But that was a failure which I "acknowledge" if the car lets you down you can do nothing and the race is over, hard to get but it is just an engine which can fail. better than an AI driver who you overlap and in the middle of a fast corner he hits the brakes big time to let you through and you crash into his rear because that would have been the worst position he let you through...(just happened to me in Austria, final corner 2 laps before end of race, I was leading)....there I use the flashback function then as no real driver would have done that....if the engine would have failed, ok so be it, happens in reality as well.

Further I don`t get why AI has it and player not @BarryBL is there a statement why it is like this???

I fully agree with you all. Please bring back the random engine/mechanical failures. It shouldn't be that hard to implement.

• Agree 1