Problems after Flat Out Pack

These are problems I noticed after playing the game for the first time with the New Colin Mcrae Flat Out Pack. 

First of all Phill Mills(Codriver) in the Scottish stages sounds like he is whispering the notes to you through an old Microphone, this needs a fix, as well as the pacenotes which are not correct for most of the stages

Secondly, I noticed that all the intro effects in the cutscene-- when the game is loading the stage (stage cutscene) after you select the car you drive-- are all missing and the game feels glitchy. 

Otherwise this is an awesome update but it still needs a few patches to sort out. 

Thank you for your time. 

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, m260602 said:

as well as the pacenotes which are not correct for most of the stages

Most? I played weekly challenge and it was my first trip and it was very smooth. Some errors like too late info for sure but still pretty good for my first race there.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
For me, the sound problem with the co-driver is the most important problem that needs to 
be fixed because the co-driver plays a very important role in a rally game
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 2

Try the Collin Mc Rae story mode. I quit at the 2nd stage with the subaru legacy. It is one of the longs scotland stage, the one that has a 90 degrees left 100m after the start. The calls are so late in the fast bits that the codriver calls some turns after you already did them. It's like that all along the firts half of the stage. As the goal to win this step of the story is to finis first, at 90% difficulty, I never managed to drive further than the first half of the stage.

I understand experience is a big factor of winning in rally driving. But I dont want to have to learn the stages by heart to be at my best level. That's why I play rally sims and not circuit sims...

14 minutes ago, Karel7 said:

But I dont want to have to learn the stages by heart to be at my best level. That's why I play rally sims and not circuit sims...

You do realise rally drivers and their co drivers get to drive the stages before the rally in order to make their pace notes and learn the stages, to learn where the hazards are; so they can drive the stages as fast and as risk free as possible. Not to mention that sometimes, Rallys can be held on the same roads in a particular country for multiple years. The Wales Rally for example, has been held in the same area of Wales since at least 2013 I believe, with most stages being the same year on year since then (Sweet Lamb included). With only a few changes here and there. So to say Rally Drivers dont know the stages, dont learn them to be at their best, is a massively wrong assesment in the majority of cases.

Also, this is a game. And to be good at any game, even a rally game where the pace notes are less than stellar in places. You have to pracice and learn in order to get fast and consistent with it. If your reluctance to do so is based on a misunderstanding that Rally Drivers only get one shot with barely any look at the stages prior. Then as pointed out above, you are sorely mistaken.

38 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

You do realise rally drivers and their co drivers get to drive the stages before the rally in order to make their pace notes and learn the stages, to learn where the hazards are; so they can drive the stages as fast and as risk free as possible. Not to mention that sometimes, Rallys can be held on the same roads in a particular country for multiple years. The Wales Rally for example, has been held in the same area of Wales since at least 2013 I believe, with most stages being the same year on year since then (Sweet Lamb included). With only a few changes here and there. So to say Rally Drivers dont know the stages, dont learn them to be at their best, is a massively wrong assesment in the majority of cases.

Also, this is a game. And to be good at any game, even a rally game where the pace notes are less than stellar in places. You have to pracice and learn in order to get fast and consistent with it. If your reluctance to do so is based on a misunderstanding that Rally Drivers only get one shot with barely any look at the stages prior. Then as pointed out above, you are sorely mistaken.

This has nothing to do with the game, but Finnish F group rally races are driven without pace notes and you are not allowed to do any recce runs. :classic_laugh:

Your co driver will have a roadbook, which has all the cautions listed, so when they see caution marker on side of the road the co driver knows what kind of caution it is. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Murikka said:

This has nothing to do with the game, but Finnish F group rally races are driven without pace notes and you are not allowed to do any recce runs. :classic_laugh:

Your co driver will have a roadbook, which has all the cautions listed, so when they see caution marker on side of the road the co driver knows what kind of caution it is. 

I can only find a mention of "group F" here in the "suomi" cup listing (group F and V1600 cars) - http://www.rallism.fi/content/en/1/10090/FRC.html

They specificaly mention the "Road book and Route map" in the regulations PDF, which states that it must be made available to competators an hour before the start of "reconnaissance", at the latest.

Regulations.png.89771ba95b509b7bf8033b95d046f93b.png

So if this is what you are pointing referance too, then your information is wrong. If it is not the Finnish event you are mentioning, can you please provide links. As that is the only mention of Group F I can find on Google. So could you please provide clarification?

Edit: Just to be clear, I am talking with a friend at the moment who does rally and circuit driving IRL. He does mention events like you describe, where you get given a road book and track map with no recce. I am just trying to find the event you specifically mention is all. Which is why I am asking for clarification. Here is my friend driving a rally stage on an RAF airfield in the UK with the type of setup you mention.

Edited by Ialyrn

4 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

I can only find a mention of "group F" here in the "suomi" cup listing (group F and V1600 cars) - http://www.rallism.fi/content/en/1/10090/FRC.html

They specificaly mention the "Road book and Route map" in the regulations PDF, which states that it must be made available to competators an hour before the start of "reconnaissance", at the latest.

Regulations.png.89771ba95b509b7bf8033b95d046f93b.png

So if this is what you are pointing referance too, then your information is wrong. If it is not the Finnish event you are mentioning, can you please provide links. As that is the only mention of Group F I can find on Google. So could you please provide clarification?

2. Sarjan osakilpailuihin hyväksyttävät autot ja kilpailuluokat: 2.1 Kilpailuluokat

F-Rallisarjan kilpailuluokkia on 9. Luokat ajavat sarjan kaikissa osakilpailuissa. Luokissa 1-6 ennakkotutustuminen on kielletty rallin lajisääntöjen mukaisesti. F-Rallisarjan luokissa 7, 8 ja 9 ennakkotutustuminen on mahdollista sarjan osakilpailun sääntöjen mukaisesti.

And here provided by google translator

There are 9 competition categories in the F-Rally series. The classes run the series in all races. In classes 1-6
Prior acquaintance is prohibited in accordance with the rally rules.
In classes 7, 8 and 9 of the F-Rally series, preliminary introduction is possible in the series
according to the rules.

http://www.f-rallisarja.fi/sarja/sarjasaannot/

It's shame there is no subtitles in this video, as it's quite funny. But here co driver actually tells only what he sees and then the cautions from the roadbook.