General feedback from a Newbie

Just got into F1 Mobile and it’s great. I haven’t played an F1 game for years and I’m trying to get used to the “newer” tracks. Just wanted to give some feedback:

- it’s surprising how lost you can get on setup. I’m follow a lot of racing and I’m interested in the technical side and I was surprised that what I thought was a reasonable setup could be so bad. The big problem is the brakes. Upgrade those too much and they are like a switch, they just stop the car too much and don’t let you scrub speed off slowly. I lost a lot of fuels due to this but after following some advice I think It’s going better

- duel racing is tough. I’m trying to drive fair and hate hitting other cars and especially the other gamer but it’s near impossible! 

That’s it really. I’m looking forward to posting in here in the future. My car is purple and grey with yellow highlights and my Name is Kemp (KMP). See you on the track / leader board 

The setup is nothing like IRL.  You can leave the brakes at 0.  Just max out aero, followed by handling and then lightweight.  Now you are good to go.

Posted (edited)

For new players starting now its extremely hard to win duels. If you go to Elite league 1 with a basic car, opponents have 4-6 seconds advantage just going straight. Even when you think you won around 2 seconds up, they have such a fast car on tracks like Shanghai or Spa, they will just drive into you so you lose. 800-1000 rated car vs 2000-2200 is unfair imo. I have seen players win duels going off track every corner just because there car made around 5 seconds going straight. I think they should limit the players to play against players with similar performance. Also this constant cheating when players take players out on sharp slow turns after a long straight should instead DNF the other player. Another suggestion is the player who is hit from behind at speed cannot get damage. I suppose only flaw would be players who made a mistake and have a slowdown and try to block other player would make player going to overtake unfairly penalised. There must be some solution to this. Maybe in duels you can't hit players with your own car.

I lost 4 duels today when other player just used my car as a brake and punted me out the way after being too far behind. I think players who hit from behind at a speed that is not normal should be penalised. I get that blocking is part of duels so I don't have a problem with that unless you do it when you make a mistake with huge difference in closing speeds. Its the constant duel losses after driving near perfect when you get taken out that is most frustrating. In real-life you would get disqualified, in this game players are rewarded for it.

Edited by Hafijur

Posted (edited)

Think I’ve got the setup sorted now. Regarding the duels I just really don’t trust the visual of the other car going round the track in a qualy duel. It looks like more of an approximation of where the car is. There seems to be lag too. Hence the opposing car sometimes putting in a fantastic sector. Tbh I’m not worried if I loose a few duels. I try to play fair, if the other doesn’t that’s their decision

Edited by KMPkemp

Posted (edited)

There will always be a little lag. Impossible to get timing of two drivers from two different areas to be perfectly matched. But in quali, just concentrate on getting a faster time. Many a time, I have seen that while I have visually 'lost' (ie. the car I was dueling in quali finished just ahead of me), I get awarded a win because technically I drove the lap faster.

Edited by Lighta100