Sign in to follow this  

Codies, given the current cirumstances, how about opening up Custom Championships to all weather/times?

So, I make this point genuinely:

There is now massive demand for on-line services and internet infrastructure, which is only going to get worse. I had to abandon loading my career championship today because it was just taking too long to get through to racenet (despite my internet connection working).

Custom championships are a much better experience because there is no 'communicating with racenet'. Yet I believe there are still some weather and time-of-day combinations that are available in the regular career mode, which are not available for custom championships. How about opening those up so we can create custom rallies that have all possible combinations?

Unless I'm wrong about this - if everything is already available then: oops, my bad, and delete this thread please PJ what hey

first off, I'm a bit of a fanatic about this. I loved how it worked in D4, and thus was severely disappointed by the times of day and weather options in DR2

aaand yeah, you're wrong about this: everything is already available in custom. there appeared to be additional times of day (dawn and sunrise) in the Historic Championship mode, with even the corresponding hour on the loading screens (so like 08:00 for sunrise for instance), but when I actually looked into it, they were actually just sunset and dusk with different names and loading screen times of day.

the DLC locations have fewer options, which is unsurprising but disappointing.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Ahhh, well ok thanks for the reply.

If we're certain sure everything is available, then that's me sorted then. Custom championships all the way. Helps deal with the rain fetish Codies have for some locations in career mode as well.

And it's a reminder of why we really need an offline career mode...

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1

rain fetish? have you loaded a new career championship in the past 6 months or so? there's not very much rain. only about 1-2 in an 8 to 10 stage event...

I love Dirt 4 for the weather!
Fog in the US and there is even dynamic weather
When I saw that there are neither in DR2, I was also disappointed.

I also wish for Monte Carlo Fog by the way in Dirt Rally ......
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, ianism said:

rain fetish? have you loaded a new career championship in the past 6 months or so? there's not very much rain. only about 1-2 in an 8 to 10 stage event...

Well, my most recent career Scotland rally was all heavy rain, bar one stage... that was the first rally and I gave up. Between the heavy rain and the constant waiting for the game to reach Racenet, I decided to forget about playing career mode.

2 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Well, my most recent career Scotland rally was all heavy rain, bar one stage... that was the first rally and I gave up. Between the heavy rain and the constant waiting for the game to reach Racenet, I decided to forget about playing career mode.

interesting. yeah, I've noticed that most of the daily events in Scotland are in the rain, and 8/9 of the stages in the current weekly event there are too(!!!) I think it's just a thing where the algorithm is not doing a great job for this one location.

@PJTierney