Why is dirt rally 2.0 free on free monthly games next month.

Codemasters could you possibly answer this question. 

After months and months of asking can you offer season 3/4 to your customers who bought season 1/2 6 months ago .

That when you finally offer season 3/4 at £7.99 . A day later we find out that dirt rally 2.0 is completely free on playstations ps4 monthly games for April. 

You must have been aware of this and also u are still trying to  get people to buy the game of the  year edition full bundle dirt rally 2.0.

Something is wrong here 

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated codemasters. 

it's more than likely going to just be the base game.

probably to encourage people to buy the DLC.

bit strange doing it at the same time as the GOTY edition though, I must admit. surely it would drive down sales of that? i guess the marketing and finance departments at CM know something we don't to do with numbers and finances and markets and stuff.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Codemasters could you possibly answer this question. 

After months and months of asking can you offer season 3/4 to your customers who bought season 1/2 6 months ago .

That when you finally offer season 3/4 at £7.99 . A day later we find out that dirt rally 2.0 is completely free on playstations ps4 monthly games for April. 

You must have been aware of this and also u are still trying to  get people to buy the game of the  year edition full bundle dirt rally 2.0.

Something is wrong here 

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated codemasters. 

I don't really get some people. If you would want/enjoy Season 3/4 enough, to justify the effort writing about it on a forum, why couldn't you justify paying the price of two sandwiches to buy it over the last few months? Of course it's gonna be free in bundles at some point, to keep some revenue flowing from DLC.

What many seem to forget is that time is money as well. Will you get the same software cheaper, if you wait for a year? Of course. But part of the price is having that software already during that year. And i made far worse investments than the enjoyment time gained per dollar from DR2. It probably reaches a point, where the cumulative electricity cost of my racing rig starts to overtake the buy-in price of the software running on it.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

it first went on sale in early February. this whole argument is baseless.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

But I would have found it better from the start if the D + events were filled with DLC tracks and cars.
I think that you could drive as a Season Pass or Deluxe owner D + Events with standard content is wrong.
In other words, as a Season Pass or Deluxe owner, we paid for something that is already available in the Standard Edition.

There are now also the bonus events or, in other words, events with DLC content, but this is far too little for someone who has bought the Deluxe or Season Pass

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

But I would have found it better from the start if the D + events were filled with DLC tracks and cars.
I think that you could drive as a Season Pass or Deluxe owner D + Events with standard content is wrong.
In other words, as a Season Pass or Deluxe owner, we paid for something that is already available in the Standard Edition.

There are now also the bonus events or, in other words, events with DLC content, but this is far too little for someone who has bought the Deluxe or Season Pass

I recommend you to join a couple of nice clubs if you want to race against others. 🙂 But yeah, i also wouldnt complain about more dailys/weeklies/monthlies.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)

I race on pc .but I also race on the ps4. 

I ran sim Racing leagues and have done for many years. 

But this has to do with the ps4. 

It's a valid question.if at the time i would have bought all the seasons at once 

But sadly being self employed some months I have plenty of money and other months I dont .

So hence why I had to  buy season 1/2  almost 7 months ago and like alot of people who bought season 1/2 .we expected season 3/4 would have followed very soon after. 

Not 7 or 8 months later.

And now its going to be part of the ps4 monthly April free games. 

It seems a bit strange especially when the game of the year edition is about to be released and 2 days later you get the game for free lol🤪🤑🏎🚥🍻🍻

I think you kinda missed the point regardless of 1 day or 1 year lol.

The market strategy is strange to say the least and I've run a business also for many years  and my overheads are nothing compared to codemasters. 

Edited by senna94f1
I am getting old. Please Volunteer for the NHS as we need your support.
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

It seems a bit strange especially when the game of the year edition is about to be released and 2 days later you get the game for free lol🤪🤑🏎🚥🍻🍻

...No? Offering the base game for free that the consumers would buy the Seasons isn't really strange... especially because this is just one platform.

I'm not against you criticizing Codies, but please try and avoid suddenly jumping into another subforum to make a thread like this... because so far not many have even understood what you're on about 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Some (not all) of the game is free and if it's anything like GWG then it's only free for as long as you pay your annual subscription. Personally I think the GOTY edition (as a physical copy) represents exceptional value for money and anyone who hasn't played the game or wants to enhance the experience beyond base content would be fooolish to pass up the opportunity to own it..and that's speaking as someone who owns considerably more than standard content.

"free" is good (we all like a bit of 'owt for nowt') but free isn't always better.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, UP100 said:

...No? Offering the base game for free that the consumers would buy the Seasons isn't really strange... especially because this is just one platform.

I'm not against you criticizing Codies, but please try and avoid suddenly jumping into another subforum to make a thread like this... because so far not many have even understood what you're on about 🙂 

Weve gone off topic which was a very simple straight forward positive question. 

We all read posts and form different opinions and most of the time other people take the original post completely out of context. 

And how you reply back affects on how the original post will look to others .

No one was criticised and its gotten sad when folk instantly feel offended over a positive post. 

Or was it the fact that codemasters don't want anyone to know its free next month.  We think base game although not confirmed. 

Especially at the moment where everyone needs every penny.  I tend to read posts several times before I post or reply. 

Alls good have a good day. 😇

Ps .why the post was made was I had just bought season 3/4 .  Regardless it's a great game. 

Edited by senna94f1

12 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

I race on pc .but I also race on the ps4. 

I ran sim Racing leagues and have done for many years. 

But this has to do with the ps4. 

It's a valid question.if at the time i would have bought all the seasons at once 

But sadly being self employed some months I have plenty of money and other months I dont .

So hence why I had to  buy season 1/2  almost 7 months ago and like alot of people who bought season 1/2 .we expected season 3/4 would have followed very soon after. 

Not 7 or 8 months later.

I think you kinda missed the point regardless of 1 day or 1 year lol.

The market strategy is strange to say the least and I've run a business also for many years  and my overheads are nothing compared to codemasters. 

but the version that will be free will have half the locations and be missing about 1/3 of the vehicles.

the whole point of this is to encourage people to buy the "full" version.

It will be interesting to see how all the PS+ people will receive the game. Is it too difficult, or will it be enjoyed also by the average gamer? Will the game be «popular» for a month or so, or will DR2.0 experience an increase in the fan base? Will people be more into RX, or will rally prevail amongst the new comers? Time will show. 🙂

I think it is great that Sony and Codemasters give the PS+ subscribers a possibility to try out this magnificent game. 🙂

• Agree 2

I thinks it's too hard. I didn't play DR1 even I bought it day 1. Then I started to play racing games and DR2 start was still brutal. It's not that hard from driving perspective, but it's too complex to drive it properly. Pace notes are necessary part of it and it was new to me. Still it's not tarmac and every corner is a bit different. Love it for it but start is not easy 😄

I think it's great that the base game comes out free for ps plus users now. This is going to mean an influx of new players, many of who will probably buy the dlc. More money for Codies + more people interested in simrallying = better future for Dirt Rally series. 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

It will be interesting to see how all the PS+ people will receive the game. Is it too difficult, or will it be enjoyed also by the average gamer? Will the game be «popular» for a month or so, or will DR2.0 experience an increase in the fan base? Will people be more into RX, or will rally prevail amongst the new comers? Time will show. 🙂

I think it is great that Sony and Codemasters give the PS+ subscribers a possibility to try out this magnificent game. 🙂

This whole thing already happened for X-Box-Players.
It's part of the X-Box Game Pass as of now, I believe.
I think PJ mentioned somewhere it's played mostly by X-Box-Players at the moment because of that.

But I think, Game Pass (and PS+)-Subcribers are generally the type of players, who just play games for a short while and then move on.
They have mostly the attention span of a mayfly. Or are achievement hunters.

I stick to actually buying the games I want and play the s*** out of them!

37 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

I thinks it's too hard. I didn't play DR1 even I bought it day 1. Then I started to play racing games and DR2 start was still brutal. It's not that hard from driving perspective, but it's too complex to drive it properly. Pace notes are necessary part of it and it was new to me. Still it's not tarmac and every corner is a bit different. Love it for it but start is not easy 😄

Well. Thankfully.
There are not many racing games out there, who are hard because of the driving physics.
Most can be made hard through AI difficulty or rubberband effect, but this game is in it's own league.
I love it for that.
To complete the scenarios on very hard was absolute thrilling and pushed my skills to the absolute limit in some of them.