DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Posted (edited)

I have been playing the f1 franchise since 2009. Always enjoyed it, and even bought a wheel and improved my skills during the 2018 game and managed to win multiple races online. 

And than the 2019 game got released and first of all the force feedback feels like it have disappeared. Have looked into this and did a firmware update and also tried to recalibrate my wheel( a thrustmaster tx with ferrari f1 addon). It was a bit better but within a few laps it felt like I lost it again. Tried a different racegame and it worked well in there.

The cars in multiplayer feels undrivable. It's like driving on ice on some occassions. No grip at all trying multiple setups. It got me a number of crashes and frustrations. I just don't understand why this game is not working for me and if there isn't any improvement soon I will give up on the franchise and stop racing online.

So please anyone, how am i able to improve my skills so I'm able to enjoy the game again?

For technical reference. I'm running f1 2019 on a xbox one x, with a thrustmaster tx wheel. 

Edited by joozzt

What helped me was using standard setups during online events and not my own which resulted in the driving on ice feeling. Nothing wrong with your skills, it's just 2019. It felt to me as if I had to learn how to drive all over again. I'm used to it now but you need to be very gentle on throttle and brakes.

Hi @joozzt

Does the feeling come and go regularly? How often can you replicate this? Is there any regular method of reproduction we can try? I have a Thrustmaster TMX at home so I can try.

• Like 1

I think it also has something to do with the surface settings

Hi @joozzt

That just looked like rear stability to me. Here's something similar performed by yours truly.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CheerfulSlickPhoneKappa

I can explain mine. Got on the kerb (like yourself) and was far, far too hot back on the power. I should've got off the power and saved the spin. I didn't, lit the rears up and I'm around. What TCS are you running? How long have you been running your settings. Wing settings as well maybe? I'll be honest, that T1 incident is a common one, there's probably a fair few of us on these forums (myself included) who have had an almost identical moment there.

• Like 1

Been using medium tc since halfway 2018. 

Only time my wheel felt with a proper force feedback was at the beginning of a 100% race, but when it proceed it got much more loose along the way. I want to feel like i control the wheel in stead of the other way around. 

Thanks already for helping me