Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 Telemetry Data

Posted (edited)

Hi everybody, are there any information about the intention of the sim development team to provide F1 2019 with a serious telemetry dataset? I would like to make mention, as an example, to the telemetry tool that was present in F1 GP4 developed by Geoff Crammond. The data provided in this way are a must in order to make a serious set-up!

Edited by FlyingRedmax
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I've moved this to the right subforum for you... I think 🙂 

We do have the UDP specifications here 

This should be in the general discussion area as having telemetry is central to F1 Racing. The lack of it within the software is a major shortcoming. The reference to Crammond's GP4 is spot on - it had telemetry within the game - and that was 20 years ago.

F1 teams spend the overwhelming majority of their time working with telemetry data - yet within the game it is not present. In a race weekend more time is spent on developing the right setup than on the actual race. 

• Agree 1

Hey codies, do you see how dashboards should looks in game?👆 So lets go and do it 😉

• Agree 1

Not talking about dashboards but rather telemetry - here is a video for external software for F1 2019 for a PC (I use a PS4 and have a Mac) showing how to use telemetry. Most of a race weekend is spent by teams analyzing and implementing this data. This should be inside the game rather than a third party, which would also help Codemasters in improving their driving model. Good previous F1 games had it internal - and those were from 20 years ago...

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

See also the following link for another external telemetry software for F1 2019.

https://bitbucket.org/Fiingon/pxg-f1-telemetry/src/master/

21 hours ago, dwin20 said:

Not talking about dashboards but rather telemetry - here is a video for external software for F1 2019 for a PC (I use a PS4 and have a Mac) showing how to use telemetry. Most of a race weekend is spent by teams analyzing and implementing this data. This should be inside the game rather than a third party, which would also help Codemasters in improving their driving model. Good previous F1 games had it internal - and those were from 20 years ago...

Thanks for your reply, now I understand your point of view. I agree, it would be nice, if the telemetry is integrated to the game.

Nice video btw...

• Thanks 1

GGs Grand Prix 4 was much more a simulation than F1 2019 or any other CM-game will ever be. Its an arcade F1 commercial, constrained by its compatibility with consoles. Looks shiny but has the depth of a puddle. So dont get your hopes up to ever see something like this.

• Thanks 1