Jump to content Jump to content

Forum Championship & Unranked Lobbies.


Message added by BarryBL

Forum  PC Racing League- Season 1 Completed
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/OdGIqsXZ

Discord: https://discord.gg/kW6TxAT 

Schedule
Season 1 is now finished. Thank you to all that competed.

Current teams and drivers.
If there's space, add your Steam ID, preferred team and username to this post.

Standings:

Season 1 is now completed. Special congratulations to @Flash224 who dominated the drivers and also @LSKone for helping Alfa Romeo take home a Drivers and Constructors Double. Final points are below:

Forum Championship 1.PNG

Teams:

Forum Championship 2.PNG

 

 

Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

As the 'Where's Barry' lobbies have been generally well-received, and a lot of people have a little more free time at the moment, I'd like to see if people would want to do a Forum League at all. I can host, and compete.

We could race with whoever as teammates and see how it goes. PC, and settings can be determined through here. I could tally up points for people who play, and do a Constructors and Drivers Championship (I'll just keep track of users who can't play all the time in a spreadsheet or something)

What does everyone think? Who'd be interested. Times and dates can be flexible.

Any ideas are welcome, however serious or silly. Could give a bonus point for funniest video/picture sent for example. I'm open for ideas on this one.

Also, this could replace/be a part of Unranked Lobbies, up for debate really.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
48 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Class. I might give it another week to drum up interest and run Unranked Lobbies today for now. Then we can see where we can go from there. 

Wait it's Friday!? I honestly had no idea 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 4:52 PM, BarryBL said:

As the 'Where's Barry' lobbies have been generally well-received, and a lot of people have a little more free time at the moment, I'd like to see if people would want to do a Forum League at all. I can host, and compete.

We could race with whoever as teammates and see how it goes. PC, and settings can be determined through here. I could tally up points for people who play, and do a Constructors and Drivers Championship (I'll just keep track of users who can't play all the time in a spreadsheet or something)

What does everyone think? Who'd be interested. Times and dates can be flexible.

Any ideas are welcome, however serious or silly. Could give a bonus point for funniest video/picture sent for example. I'm open for ideas on this one.

Also, this could replace/be a part of Unranked Lobbies, up for debate really.

Great idea. Send me a free copy of the game and I will gladly join the grid... 😁

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Okay, let's try and get some teams together for Friday 03/04, 3PM BST. Put your name down for a team, and we'll go from there. We'll use official F1 cars, equal performance.

Remember to add BarryBL to Steam and join the chat on Friday. Scheduling will update here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Good shout, BST. I'll be an hour late to my own league else.. 😛 

Everyone who has asked currently has a team (I hope). We'd love a full grid of racers, so please put yourself forward. We'll be relaxed on the assists etc so everyone can play along. If anyone is streaming for it (I don't have the equipment at home) feel free to send a stream link.

@sloppysmusic possibly commentator job available if you fancy it? Remember you posting something about this a while ago.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • BarryBL unpinned, pinned and featured this topic
46 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Good shout, BST. I'll be an hour late to my own league else.. 😛 

Everyone who has asked currently has a team (I hope). We'd love a full grid of racers, so please put yourself forward. We'll be relaxed on the assists etc so everyone can play along. If anyone is streaming for it (I don't have the equipment at home) feel free to send a stream link.

@sloppysmusic possibly commentator job available if you fancy it? Remember you posting something about this a while ago.

I'd love to! Don't have this year's game though so don't think I can 😢. If there was a way to watch it I could stream it np. I could possibly watch via steam and comment and/or stream that, quality might be poor though and lag could be interesting! What's the actual session start time? US east coast here so 5 hours behind the UK.

EDIT: I've just realized if I'm watching someone race via steam I'll only be able to see THEIR race. So commenting would be a little stale... Unless it was Baz then I could at least share his position and condition with the rest of the field! 😂

Edited by sloppysmusic
Oops!
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'd love to! Don't have this year's game though so don't think I can 😢. If there was a way to watch it I could stream it np. I could possibly watch via steam and comment and/or stream that, quality might be poor though and lag could be interesting! What's the actual session start time? US east coast here so 5 hours behind the UK.

10:00 your time @sloppysmusic. I don't have any streaming equipment from my spare room I'm afraid, but yeah could try your idea.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

10:00 your time @sloppysmusic. I don't have any streaming equipment from my spare room I'm afraid, but yeah could try your idea.

 

If someone with the game who wasn't racing could spectate I could watch on Steam , then stream and comment on THAT. They'd be fulfilling the TV director position effectively. That's the only way I think this would be workable and also watchable (listenable... That's another story!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

@kisuke_fly, I've been to the Codemasters Driver Programme and secured you a team-mate.

Welcome to the grid @CMTGK, Codemasters Social and Communications Manager 🙂 

Maybe I can recruit some more if we are short last minute. Stay tuned and if you want to race, GET YOUR NAME AND STEAM ID DOWN!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...