DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Forum Championship & Unranked Lobbies.

BarryBL

Forum Fridays PC Racing League- Next Race 3PM BST 10/04/2020.
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/OdGIqsXZ

Schedule
Monaco next for the Forum Championship.
Season 1: Australia, Monaco, Baku, Austria, Britain, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Russia, Brazil. Good?

Current teams and drivers.
If there's space, add your Steam ID, preferred team and username to this post.

Ferrari
@BarryBL and @UP100

Williams
@massa88 and @Andrea1256

Mercedes
@Far1an and @1512marcel

Red Bull
@kisuke_fly and @CMTGK

Haas
@S4lty and @Vazqueth

McLaren
@steviejay69 and @sven_is_back

Alfa Romeo Racing
@LSKone and @Flash224

Renault
@Dolmetscher and @sarumyan

Racing Point 

Toro Rosso
@pro3 and @DrStrix

Congrats to @Far1an for winning the inaugural Forum Fridays GP!!! Spaces for next one are re-opened to players who didn't join without letting me know 😄 

Message added by BarryBL

As the 'Where's Barry' lobbies have been generally well-received, and a lot of people have a little more free time at the moment, I'd like to see if people would want to do a Forum League at all. I can host, and compete.

We could race with whoever as teammates and see how it goes. PC, and settings can be determined through here. I could tally up points for people who play, and do a Constructors and Drivers Championship (I'll just keep track of users who can't play all the time in a spreadsheet or something)

What does everyone think? Who'd be interested. Times and dates can be flexible.

Any ideas are welcome, however serious or silly. Could give a bonus point for funniest video/picture sent for example. I'm open for ideas on this one.

Also, this could replace/be a part of Unranked Lobbies, up for debate really.

• Like 1

You should try and poke some Birmingham guys as well to join 😛 I wonder if @DGreco still has a PC setup?

Class. I might give it another week to drum up interest and run Unranked Lobbies today for now. Then we can see where we can go from there. 

48 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Class. I might give it another week to drum up interest and run Unranked Lobbies today for now. Then we can see where we can go from there. 

Wait it's Friday!? I honestly had no idea 😁

On 3/26/2020 at 4:52 PM, BarryBL said:

As the 'Where's Barry' lobbies have been generally well-received, and a lot of people have a little more free time at the moment, I'd like to see if people would want to do a Forum League at all. I can host, and compete.

We could race with whoever as teammates and see how it goes. PC, and settings can be determined through here. I could tally up points for people who play, and do a Constructors and Drivers Championship (I'll just keep track of users who can't play all the time in a spreadsheet or something)

What does everyone think? Who'd be interested. Times and dates can be flexible.

Any ideas are welcome, however serious or silly. Could give a bonus point for funniest video/picture sent for example. I'm open for ideas on this one.

Also, this could replace/be a part of Unranked Lobbies, up for debate really.

Great idea. Send me a free copy of the game and I will gladly join the grid... 😁

• Haha 2

I Will try to join

have time after 18.00 friday

EU time

Okay, let's try and get some teams together for Friday 03/04, 3PM BST. Put your name down for a team, and we'll go from there. We'll use official F1 cars, equal performance.

Remember to add BarryBL to Steam and join the chat on Friday. Scheduling will update here.

Posted (edited)

@kisuke_fly 午後11:00ですよね。(イギリスでは夏時間のため)

Edited by UP100
Timezone stuff.
  • Agree 1

Good shout, BST. I'll be an hour late to my own league else.. 😛 

Everyone who has asked currently has a team (I hope). We'd love a full grid of racers, so please put yourself forward. We'll be relaxed on the assists etc so everyone can play along. If anyone is streaming for it (I don't have the equipment at home) feel free to send a stream link.

@sloppysmusic possibly commentator job available if you fancy it? Remember you posting something about this a while ago.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Good shout, BST. I'll be an hour late to my own league else.. 😛 

Everyone who has asked currently has a team (I hope). We'd love a full grid of racers, so please put yourself forward. We'll be relaxed on the assists etc so everyone can play along. If anyone is streaming for it (I don't have the equipment at home) feel free to send a stream link.

@sloppysmusic possibly commentator job available if you fancy it? Remember you posting something about this a while ago.

I'd love to! Don't have this year's game though so don't think I can 😢. If there was a way to watch it I could stream it np. I could possibly watch via steam and comment and/or stream that, quality might be poor though and lag could be interesting! What's the actual session start time? US east coast here so 5 hours behind the UK.

EDIT: I've just realized if I'm watching someone race via steam I'll only be able to see THEIR race. So commenting would be a little stale... Unless it was Baz then I could at least share his position and condition with the rest of the field! 😂

Edited by sloppysmusic
Oops!

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'd love to! Don't have this year's game though so don't think I can 😢. If there was a way to watch it I could stream it np. I could possibly watch via steam and comment and/or stream that, quality might be poor though and lag could be interesting! What's the actual session start time? US east coast here so 5 hours behind the UK.

10:00 your time @sloppysmusic. I don't have any streaming equipment from my spare room I'm afraid, but yeah could try your idea.

11 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

10:00 your time @sloppysmusic. I don't have any streaming equipment from my spare room I'm afraid, but yeah could try your idea.

If someone with the game who wasn't racing could spectate I could watch on Steam , then stream and comment on THAT. They'd be fulfilling the TV director position effectively. That's the only way I think this would be workable and also watchable (listenable... That's another story!)

@kisuke_fly, I've been to the Codemasters Driver Programme and secured you a team-mate.

Welcome to the grid @CMTGK, Codemasters Social and Communications Manager 🙂 

Maybe I can recruit some more if we are short last minute. Stay tuned and if you want to race, GET YOUR NAME AND STEAM ID DOWN!