Forum Championship & Unranked Lobbies.

BarryBL

Forum  PC Racing League- Season 1 Completed
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/OdGIqsXZ

Discord: https://discord.gg/kW6TxAT 

Schedule
Season 1 is now finished. Thank you to all that competed.

Current teams and drivers.
If there's space, add your Steam ID, preferred team and username to this post.

Standings:

Season 1 is now completed. Special congratulations to @Flash224 who dominated the drivers and also @LSKone for helping Alfa Romeo take home a Drivers and Constructors Double. Final points are below:

Forum Championship 1.PNG

Teams:

Forum Championship 2.PNG

Message added by BarryBL

What a trainwreck... and I don't even mean technical issues. Here are some of the lowlights of the race for me. There are loads of more 😕 

1. The Start
    I'm not sure what happened. My car didn't move at all until I pressed the "clutch" again causing me to get almost smashed into the wall, but somehow I was able to survive that although I did create some more danger by not giving space to pro3, but honestly I didn't even see him... While Saruman casually overtook something like 5 cars by ghosting 😁
    If I would've been able to start the race normally, almost none of the following would've happened..

2. Stuck behind kisuke. 
    Now thanks to this being Monaco, kisuke just had to just stay on the racing line and I'd have no chance. I was so quicker even though I was running with the medium tires and a broken wing... I pushed him from behind couple of times due to that broken wing... sorry 😕 

3. The understeer I didn't know was going to happen.
    My mistake, turned late and understeered into the wall due to my decision to brake.

4. The strategy
    I accidentally started on mediums as I misunderstood what Barry said, so I started on mediums. I eventually decided that I would switch to 1 medium set, 2 softs strategy which was the alternative strategy for me. Sadly on my second pit stop the tires weren't softs, but mediums, causing me to pit twice and once again end up behind kisuke 😕 

5. The penalty
    Thanks to the track layout of Monaco, the game thought I cut the corner as it warned me of going over the white line.

6. What even is this?
    I'm glad it happened behind the safety car, as otherwise I would've driven the rest of the race with Xbox overlay on my face. 

• Agree 3

I told you all I was bad! Think I pit 7 (SEVEN!) times for new wings before I retired after hitting the wall after the tunnel 😄

48 minutes ago, CMTGK said:

I told you all I was bad! Think I pit 7 (SEVEN!) times for new wings before I retired after hitting the wall after the tunnel 😄

Well you certainly didn't pick the best race to join 😁

That corner after the tunnel usually spins everyone around thanks to the wider rear tires we have these days, it's so frustrating! I'm sure Barry agrees 😉 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Well you certainly didn't pick the best race to join 😁

That corner after the tunnel usually spins everyone around thanks to the wider rear tires we have these days, it's so frustrating! I'm sure Barry agrees 😉 

Yeah @CMTGK, debuting at Monaco is about the hardest thing possible.

And @UP100, no idea what you are talking about 😛 I definitely didn't bottle P3/P4 by spinning there. I also didn't shout in my spare room for the rest of the race and throw a mardy at home at myself 😛 😄 

• Haha 1

yeah but my steam id is Saruman whereas forum nickname is Dolmetscher sorry for bothered you

Another week, another new Codemasters addition to the forum racing league. 

Signing for Racing Point, Development QA tester/tamed-sim racer @Bengar is joining the series from next week. Bengar has pretty much always beat me in our testing sessions on forum-reported issues, and regularly racing in other sim and real-life karting events. 

@Flash224, I told you I'd find you some more competition 😛 

1 minute ago, Dolmetscher said:

yeah but my steam id is Saruman whereas forum nickname is Dolmetscher sorry for bothered you

Don't apologize! @BarryBL and I caused this due to some miscommunication and neither of us fixing it 😁 I thought it would just naturally get fixed after the race but somehow I forgot that this could happen.

6 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Another week, another new Codemasters addition to the forum racing league. 

Signing for Racing Point, Development QA tester/tamed-sim racer @Bengar is joining the series from next week. Bengar has pretty much always beat me in our testing sessions on forum-reported issues, and regularly racing in other sim and real-life karting events. 

@Flash224, I told you I'd find you some more competition 😛 

Dont hype me up too much! 

• Haha 1

I changed my forum name with the same as Steam ID to avoid confusion and so to picture too.

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I have added a Discord server for this week. At the moment @BarryBL has the invite link, I will leave it to him to make it known to the other racers. It will be more helpful that just having Steam chat to organise the session. Also, be aware that the voice channel is PTT so get ready to map a spare button.

Voice channel use should be minimal in race. Please use it to make other drivers aware if there is a contact, but please try not to get too heated. It will be useful for qualifying too to warn drivers if you are on a hotlap and they are not observing the minimap or mirrors closely.

Edited by steviejay69
added download link
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I have added a Discord server for this week. At the moment @BarryBL has the link, I will leave it to him to make it known to the other racers. It will be more helpful that just having Steam chat to organise the session. Also, be aware that the voice channel is PTT so get ready to map a spare button.

Voice channel use should be minimal in race. Please use it to make other drivers aware if there is a contact, but please try not to get too heated. It will be useful for qualifying too to warn drivers if you are on a hotlap and they are not observing the minimap or mirrors closely.

Thanks for the addition @steviejay69, link is in the announcement at the top of the page for racers 🙂 

*EDIT* - New League settings are ready to vote for. Details are in the Steam Chat.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for the addition @steviejay69, link is in the announcement at the top of the page for racers 🙂 

And you are now an Admin 🙂 just two roles Admin or Racer.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1

We are hot. Probably the first time anyone has been called that on the F1 side 🙃
image.png.be82ca4f9845769e709a5a77500cea96.png

As said in Steam, my throttle pedal is probably going to die in the next few weeks so it means two things:

1. I have to practice less
  2. If I suddenly crash into the wall after I had been braking fairly early for the corner, it's probably because my throttle is now stuck at 50% or something 😁

Also welcome @Bengar! Having a helmet as your profile picture basically tells me that you are more qualified to race with these cars than I am so I'm sure you'll do fine 🙂 

• Agree 1

Hi @BarryBL,

I would like to compete on 17.04.20.

Steam ID: UmairR25

Preferred Team: Renault

If you require anything else please let me know.

Kind regards

46 minutes ago, UmairR25 said:

Hi @BarryBL,

I would like to compete on 17.04.20.

Steam ID: UmairR25

Preferred Team: Renault

If you require anything else please let me know.

Kind regards

Welcome to Renault @UmairR25 😛 

• Like 1

Formula 1 Memes! - Page 3 - BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 ...

I wont lie, I am very excited to represent the boys from Silverstone.

• Like 1

I will participate in this weeks race!

My the force be with me...

@BarryBL & @Saruman thanks guys looking forward to the race! 

Any specific rules/ settings to take into account for the race, any limitations to assists?

Kind regards

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If there is still a vacant place, i want join) Any team.

Steam ID: Reikoraph

Edited by ReikoRaph
  • Like 1