Forum Championship & Unranked Lobbies.

BarryBL

Forum  PC Racing League- Season 1 Completed
Steam Chat: https://s.team/chat/OdGIqsXZ

Discord: https://discord.gg/kW6TxAT 

Schedule
Season 1 is now finished. Thank you to all that competed.

Current teams and drivers.
If there's space, add your Steam ID, preferred team and username to this post.

Standings:

Season 1 is now completed. Special congratulations to @Flash224 who dominated the drivers and also @LSKone for helping Alfa Romeo take home a Drivers and Constructors Double. Final points are below:

Forum Championship 1.PNG

Teams:

Forum Championship 2.PNG

Message added by BarryBL

Sorry @BarryBL I haven't done a single lap and I'm afraid I may not have time to do so before the race! It's going to be horrible 😁

If there's a (reserve) spot available for tomorrow i'd love to partake 🙂

I'll be on this week 🙂

• Like 2

@UP100, dont worry mate, I haven't had the chance either. I'll play rear gunner again. Number 2 driver FTW. 

@DrStrix, thanks for letting me know, really appreciated. 

Isaac is promoted, Bicarda added as 2nd reserve. Be around the chat at 2.45 to see dropouts or people who don't attend, and you'll be in 😄 

• Like 1

Everyone happy to race tomorrow as the change may be needed for CM meetings.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I am on for this race 👍

Edited by DrStrix
  • Like 2

Lobby is OPEN  please let me know if you are racing. Also, spots are probably going to be available if people want to join. Racing will start at 15:15

Hello my friends, I have a couple of ideas and thoughts I wanted to share with you.

First, I want to say that unranked lobby racing seems to, indeed, be a more stable experience than league lobbies. Not sure if it's coincidence or the fact that league lobbies are (more) broken, but I think we should stick to unranked lobbies for the rest of our season. 

I think we put the damage modifier to a higher value (full or simulation, I can't remember) in order to encourage more safe racing. While I don't know what you guys think about this, I think it has not worked out, as I still see a lot of risky driving that too often ends in broken wings (and dreams..). So let's put it back to reduced, maybe it can reduce some frustration.

Also, I've already mentioned it a couple times, I would like to swap Russia for Suzuka.

Would it be cool with you guys if we could vote on the mentioned proposals?
Thanks. 😎

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, LSKone said:

Hello my friends, I have a couple of ideas and thoughts I wanted to share with you.

First, I want to say that unranked lobby racing seems to, indeed, be a more stable experience than league lobbies. Not sure if it's coincidence or the fact that league lobbies are (more) broken, but I think we should stick to unranked lobbies for the rest of our season. 

I think we put the damage modifier to a higher value (full or simulation, I can't remember) in order to encourage more safe racing. While I don't know what you guys think about this, I think it has not worked out, as I still see a lot of risky driving that too often ends in broken wings (and dreams..). So let's put it back to reduced, maybe it can reduce some frustration.

Also, I've already mentioned it a couple times, I would like to swap Russia for Suzuka.

Thanks. 😎

Hi @LSKone,

Personally, and to save some money at Maranello on front wings, I'd be happy with turning the damage down.

Russia for Suzuka seems to be popular in the Steam chat, so, even though its my strongest track, done and done. 👍

• Like 1

Can you also turn down the engine power of some of the drivers. Two seconds a lap slower isn’t good for my self confidence. 

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, LSKone said:

Thanks. 😎

I think it going to be more like a demolition derby if you turn down settings. Makes ppl more aggressiv in to corner (nothing to lose). Not respecting your line of racing.

The reason for damage is to make ppl drive with there head, not there throttle.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

I will host an unranked session at 15:00UK BST (GMT+1) if anyone would like to join. Initially open. 5 lappers with 1 shot. Steam ID: Steve JACKSON for an hour or as long as the group stick together.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrStrix said:

I think it going to be more like a demolition derby if you turn down settings. Makes ppl more aggressiv in to corner (nothing to lose). Not respecting your line of racing.

The reason for damage is to make ppl drive with there head, not there throttle.

Yes you are right, but that's the theory! In practice it simply did not work out that way, therefore, my proposal.
People did crash into me in basically every race, taking every risky overtake they could. It's racing and I can't blame them for it, but at the end I always suffered from it.

But I would like to say if the racing does get more aggressive/dirty in the next races, I would be all in for switching back to simulation/full damage. 👍

Obviously I didn't make it. Work needed my undevoted attention. Bare in mind that I work from home at the moment like everybody else around the globe, in the same room were my rig is standing so that's kind of self tormenting knowing a race is going on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2020 tests and meetings on a Friday afternoon @massa88, so we've temporarily moved to a Wednesday PM.

Will go back to its usual spot in the future.