Sign in to follow this  

Windscreen cracking too easily

Posted (edited)

Anyone else feels like the windscreens in this game crack super easily? I play cockpit view so notice it a lot. 

What made me start this is that I just finished the daily at Scotland in the NR4 Subaru and the windscreen cracked after just going over a small bump! This was in the first sector too, so no prior damage to the car. Didn't hit anything and the bump was small too.

I've attached a short video here to demonstrate the problem. On the replay even looks like the windscreen cracks in mid-air.

Edited by Tranzitive

Yeah I had been seeing this issue myself, but seems to have gotten better with the 1.13 patch for me at least. I always run stock setups too so nothing I can point to myself for, and I was seeing my windshield crack within the first 5-10 seconds of a stage in 2000cc and R5 cars. Completely random too, driving dead center of the road but always had some kind of bump/dip. No real fix I can suggest, just wanted to say you aren't alone =/

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Good to know it's not just me. The crack sensitivity seems to be way too high it seems, or is reacting improperly to the suspension, if it's happening when going over jumps. I really like all the crack effects in general and how it can get progressively worse and how they slowly crawl across the screen - they obviously put a lot of effort into the effects - but seeing them almost every single stage can get a bit annoying after a while haha.

Hopefully they can patch it out in one of the upcoming patches. 

Edited by Tranzitive