Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2014

The most challenging, glamorous and prestigious grand prix of the year is this weekend. It's Monaco *hurrah*. I'm not going to post a picture of the track as I think we all know what it looks like by now. 

The circuit is 3.34 km in length. 
The race distance is 78 laps long. 
The tyre allocation will predictably be soft and supersoft tyres - although it will be the first time we see the supersoft tyres this year. 

Most interestingly of all though is at the moment the initial weather for Sunday is high intensity rain. Although with the race still 6 days away this is likely to change.

This race will only be exciting if it rains, so I bloomin well hope it does! Monaco is always hyped up to be a great race each year and it is usually painfully boring, so yeah, bring on the rain!

This race will only be exciting if it rains, so I bloomin well hope it does! Monaco is always hyped up to be a great race each year and it is usually painfully boring, so yeah, bring on the rain!
I want it to rain , but I fear we won't get a proper one as they'll be on inters before they let them race. Ifwe do get one though I predict around 5 cars finishing.

Am I the only one who enjoyed last years race haha? And as a matter of fact the two years before that as well? Generally by Monaco standards I think the last few years have produced some good races.

Leaving races aside though, the main attraction of Monaco for me has been always to witness the drivers adopting a raw and ragged style and to man handle the cars around the lap. In the time of wide flat circuits where smooth and gentle steering inputs are required, it's a welcome change in the calendar. For myself at least. And as Tom points out, hopefully that will be emphasised further this year. 

Was it Maldonado or someone else who kept diving bombing into corners last year?
Perez, on Button, Alonso, and Raikkonen.

Just when we are expecting the most exciting race in years thanks to the 2014 cars, we now also expect rain. Where was it for the past few years? (Though tbf the 2012 race was quite interesting, and last year's wasn't bad either.)

yugin96 said:
Was it Maldonado or someone else who kept diving bombing into corners last year?

Just when we are expecting the most exciting race in years thanks to the 2014 cars, we now also expect rain. Where was it for the past few years? (Though tbf the 2012 race was quite interesting, and last year's wasn't bad either.)
I expect Vettel to do he aggressive dive bombing again if he has to overtake lol

If it rains, maybe the Red Bulls. Otherwise, barring a double Merc DNF, no way in hell.

yugin96 said:

I expect Vettel to do he aggressive dive bombing again if he has to overtake lol
The best was Hamilton in 2011 :P

mike96 said:
yugin96 said:

Was that the Petrov incident?

mike96 said:
yugin96 said:

Nope, more like the incidents with Massa and Maldonado.

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
yugin96 said:

Nope, more like the incidents with Massa and Maldonado.
Ah ok

Looking forward to this Grand Prix, I think this race has got the potential to see another team giving at least one Mercedes-driver a hard time. Especially with the possibility of rain on sunday.

However, I expect a close battle for pole and win between the two Mercedes and one of the RB's. Sebastian hasn't been outstanding around here in the past, so I expect Daniel to give him a run for his money.

After that it's probably gonna be Williams to challenge for a Top5 result, followed by either Lotus or Ferrari. I'm interested where Force India is going to end up aswell. And McLaren most probably out of points once again, can't really see them turn things around with their lack of downforce and stiffness of their car.

After that it's probably gonna be Williams to challenge for a Top5 result, followed by either Lotus or Ferrari. I'm interested where Force India is going to end up aswell. 

I actually think Lotus could challenge for the top 5. Grosjean was P5 in Barcelona quali, and the Monaco track should suit the E22 even more (you could replace the 1.6 litre engine in the Merc or Red Bull with one from a Ford Focus Ecoboost thingy and still take pole).

If it's raining, Hamilton should have no equal. But I'm going to be hipster and say that Hulkenberg or Grosjean will pull off a shock win.

I'd be happy for both, as long as Lewis finishes on the podium.

Grosjean deserved to win Suzuka last year imo, his first F1-win is overdue.

Hülkenberg needs that goddamn podium, or he's gonna end up being a 2nd Nick Heidfeld. No wait, even Heidfeld scored a fair amount of podium places.

Hulk's time will come. I remember a while back the same sort of discussion being had about Rosberg. With the rise in the weight limit next season that may hopefully make him a more desirable asset to top teams. Problem is all the spots looked filled. Except Mclaren, although I think you'd have to be exceptionally kind to place a team who's only had two podium finishes in the last 18 months in to the current "top teams" bracket. 

Haha , I've seen a couple of them today. It's not really even funny anymore though , because you half expect him to do something like that.Remember he was banned fom Monaco or something like that for a crash in GP2 a few years back ? He's a f*****g lunatic.

Haha , I've seen a couple of them today. It's not really even funny anymore though , because you half expect him to do something like that.Remember he was banned fom Monaco or something like that for a crash in GP2 a few years back ? He's a f*****g lunatic.
Indeed, he was banned forever from Monaco but he was allowed back due to his father's money.. 

Jiggy said:
If it's raining, Hamilton should have no equal. But I'm going to be hipster and say that Hulkenberg or Grosjean will pull off a shock win.
The Bulls are pretty good in the rain, think it was Malaysia that Ricciardo had good pace in the wet.