Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2014

AMS97KRR said:
That Chilton-Raikkonen incident is a joke. Raikkonen robbed of 3rd because of a Marussia...Both of my favorite drivers robbed of a potential podium.

The only positives from that race for me was Hulkenbergs 5th, Grosjean getting 8th and Ericsson finishing 11th for Caterham. 

Kimi losing the podium wasn't great, but he blew what he had in the pass on Magnussen... Shame, he drove really well besides that.

Your right though, some really good drives have been over looked by Rosberg/Hamilton & Bianchi. The 3 you mention plus Massa and Button who came from out side the points with solid drives, Button's pass on Magnussen, and Massa's tyre saving and strategy.

VetteIfan said:
Half decent race. Annoyed Vettel retired, as at least 3rd would've been a near certainty after his great start, but whatever. 6 mechanical issues for the RB and Vettel has encountered all 6 of them, I get the feeling something just isn't meant to be this year.

On the upside, Hamilton was hilarious today. I thought he'd turned a corner after last year but after seeing today if that's all it's going to take for him to lose his head this year perhaps Rosberg has a better chance at this title than even I thought. Mega job from Bianchi as has been mentioned, bad luck once again for JEV and Raikkonen. 
The difference to the Lewis from 2011 is that he finished the race in 2nd, so he got the maximum out of the race. For most of the race he was right behind Rosberg and seemed at least as quick as him. The only reason he won this race, was because he cheated in qualifying. He got away with it now, he won't get away with it anymore.

So keep your premature joy to yourself. Otherwise I'll be the first one to rub it into your face if Lewis wins this WDC.

VetteIfan said:
Half decent race. Annoyed Vettel retired, as at least 3rd would've been a near certainty after his great start, but whatever. 6 mechanical issues for the RB and Vettel has encountered all 6 of them, I get the feeling something just isn't meant to be this year.

On the upside, Hamilton was hilarious today. I thought he'd turned a corner after last year but after seeing today if that's all it's going to take for him to lose his head this year perhaps Rosberg has a better chance at this title than even I thought. Mega job from Bianchi as has been mentioned, bad luck once again for JEV and Raikkonen. 
The difference to the Lewis from 2011 is that he finished the race in 2nd, so he got the maximum out of the race. For most of the race he was right behind Rosberg and seemed at least as quick as him. The only reason he won this race, was because he cheated in qualifying. He got away with it now, he won't get away with it anymore.

So keep your premature joy to yourself. Otherwise I'll be the first one to rub it into your face if Lewis wins this WDC.
No he didn't , if he cheated , he would have been penalised , and he wasn't.

VetteIfan said:

So why was Senna penalised that time in Japan which robbed him of the win?  think it might have been 1989

AMS97KRR said:
VetteIfan said:

So why was Senna penalised that time in Japan which robbed him of the win?  think it might have been 1989
Or the other way around in 1990.

Turns out that in Bahrain, Rosberg also went against orders and turned up the engine mode. Seems Hamilton was only repaying the favour in Spain.

EDIT: Oops, posted this in the wrong thread but f1since08 beat me there anyway. :p

Regardless of whether Rosberg cheated or not, the matter of fact is that mistake in Qualifying essentially gave him the win. Yes there are other factors, but it must feel pretty horrible to lose a race when your main rival wins a race when really, making a mistake should hamper you, not give you a advantage. Just unfortunate that it happened at the place where pole means so much.

AMS97KRR said:
VetteIfan said:

Because Prost had good "connections" to the FISA/FIA..

@Silverarrows: So I suppose O. J. Simpson didn't kill his ex-wife because he got acquitted, right?

Sorry, but your logic is flawed and you seem to be very naive in this respect.

@Silverarrows: So I suppose O. J. Simpson didn't kill his ex-wife because he got acquitted, right?

No , I'm not being naive at all. Merc have shown the FIA the proof , in the telemetry and they have that to go by. What do you have to go by ? A video ?

What do you have to go by ?
Common sense.

But ok, let's just stick to your naive pov of every criminal being brought to justice.

What do you have to go by ?
Common sense.

But ok, let's just stick to your naive pov of every criminal being brought to justice.
That's fine by me.  ;)

Then I suppose you still believe in Santa Claus? ;)

Fine , tell me why you do you think the FIA didn't give Rosberg a penalty if they knew he did it on purpose ?

Then I suppose you still believe in Santa Claus? ;)

Fine , tell me why you do you think the FIA didn't give Rosberg a penalty if they knew he did it on purpose ?
Because this is not about knowing something, but it's about proving something.

You cannot prove it either way. The only person who knows the truth is Rosberg himself. 

With the stuff we have (videos) it is personal opinion. The FIA make mistakes all the time, they are not a 100% reliable source of handing out justice, that is common sense, we all (should) know that based on decisions made in the past. 

For me, I am not saying he 100% cheated, but it seemed very convenient and the "mistake" looked somewhat faked. 

Why do we have to do this dance every race weekend guys? You were doing alright and keeping it reasonably grown up but then it started to get personal.

Just to be clear, disagreeing with people is fine but when you you start getting abusive and bulling other members I'll be dusting the ban hammer off.

So why did you delete my latest comment Lee?

I've asked Silverarrows why he is switching from the stewards knowledge to my knowledge and explained to him why I thought Rosberg did that deliberately. No swearing, no personal insults, and yet it got deleted.

So why did you delete my latest comment Lee?

I've asked Silverarrows why he is switching from the stewards knowledge to my knowledge and explained to him why I thought Rosberg did that deliberately. No swearing, no personal insults, and yet it got deleted.

Was probably something in one of the quotes, feel free to ask it again.

The guy I support has won the last 4 world championships. Yes I'd prefer to see Rosberg win this championship over Lewis, but if Lewis wins it this year whatever you decide to rub in my face will really be negligible from my pov.