Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2014

I've tried rubbing Vettels current form in with @Vettelfan before @GoldenColt, it doesn't work :p
Of course it does, he's just making sure not to show it to us. Which btw is what I would do aswell, if I was in his situation. ;)

The fact that he's bringing up the past (4 WDC) is an indication for that. Nothing to bring up from the present, so bask in things from the past. :P

I've tried rubbing Vettels current form in with @Vettelfan before @GoldenColt, it doesn't work :p
Of course it does, he's just making sure not to show it to us. Which btw is what I would do aswell, if I was in his situation. ;)

The fact that he's bringing up the past (4 WDC) is an indication for that. Nothing to bring up from the present, so bask in things from the past. :P
At least he can remember the last world championship Vettel won.  I can barely remember a thing that happened in 2006  :(

mike96 said:
Yeah but that's coz you're getting old, man. ;) :P
Give me 3 hours and I'll have a comeback.   :P
That's the length of the 2006 season review, right? :P
Oh God no. I walked myself right into that one. @justbiglee where are you now man ? This is bullying. There needs to be some posts removed from this thread. :P

My favourite moment of that review: Team radio at Midland F1 prior to the Bahrain GP.

Silverarrows, you'll know why. ;)

My favourite moment of that review: Team radio at Midland F1 prior to the Bahrain GP.

Silverarrows, you'll know why. ;)
What does it say?

"Thank Jesus for Super Aguri or we would look like even bigger punks than we do now."

Tobias Grüner, imo one of the best F1 related accounts on twitter you can follow (seriously, follow him if you aren't already, he's pretty much the first to report everything that happens and provides exclusive insights all the time) has released some interesting information and figures regarding the Rosberg qualifying incident. 

He's shown the paper work of some unseen figures which we don't get to see on the "official" timing that the public get to see. As Rosberg passed through the mark that signals the end of S1/start of S2 just before Mirabeau, the speed trap there measured him carrying 6.9 km/h more speed than his first Q3 lap. In other words to emphasise this, no-one was higher than 210 km/h at that point all weekend - but Rosberg at that point was at 215.6 km/h. Predictably as a result of this, the data showed him braking 10m later on his second run compared to his first. 

This looks bad for Rosberg. But on the counter argument, both Mercedes drivers braked 8m later in to turn 1 on their second run compared to their first. So Rosberg's braking for Mirabeau wasn't really abnormal looking at that, and Grüner also pointed that out on twitter. Question is did he know it was too much? Still quite "up in the air" if you ask me, but it's at least some more useful data to make a more informed opinion over. 

If it is later found that Rosberg cheated, what would be a fair punishment? A grid penalty is possible, but it'd only be 10 places and that would put him 11th or 12th anyway. Can you really DSQ someone for what he did?

AMS97KRR said:
If it is later found that Rosberg cheated, what would be a fair punishment? A grid penalty is possible, but it'd only be 10 places and that would put him 11th or 12th anyway. Can you really DSQ someone for what he did?
Well Schumacher did get disqualified..

Monaco race onboard (1:47:07 to see how Raikkonen managed to un-stuck by "climbing" on the McLaren :P)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzoUy21IRgU

aside from the glamour of the race being on the streets of monte carlo whats the point in racing there anymore? its more of a procession than a race. yes I admit the skill required is of the highest standard but as a spectator sport its very boring. I can honestly say that the only part of the weekend I thought was good was qualifying and even that was tainted this year by what some saw as blatant cheating and others as a racing incident.

Wow, that's... some username, and a profile image that screams 'Vettel( )fan' to boot. We get a wide spectrum of them of this forum; hopefully you're at the sensible end :P Re: Monaco being processional, while I do agree with your comment, it isn't always true. You *can* overtake there (as proven by Perez and Sutil), and the track's unique characteristics provide interesting strategic variations- just that we didn't get to see them this year because of the safety car. Also, I'd argue that there are other equally boring races on the calendar that either provide little overtaking or moves solely facilitated by DRS - which if you ask me is little better.

Actually the end of the race was good this year. 2011 was also tense when Vettel was leading Button and Alonso by a tiny margin on really old tyres. Although I do think this race is more for the spectacle and glamour than the actual race. 

I really thought it was a good race. Only Bahrain tops it so far for me, and not by much, simply because so much happened, what with Rosberg vs. Hamilton and then Hamilton vs. Ricciardo at the front, absoulute chaos down the field, Hulkenberg's pass, Bianchi points, 2 safety cars and the battle between Bottas, Magnussen, Button, Raikkonen and Massa. The only thing it missed was a couple of passes for the lead...

Monaco 2011 was ruined by the fact that you can change tyres in red flag conditions.

mike96 said:
Monaco race onboard (1:47:07 to see how Raikkonen managed to un-stuck by "climbing" on the McLaren :P)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzoUy21IRgU
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's been taken off from YT.