Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2014

yugin96 said:
Wow, that's... some username, and a profile image that screams 'Vettel( )fan' to boot. We get a wide spectrum of them of this forum; hopefully you're at the sensible end :P Re: Monaco being processional, while I do agree with your comment, it isn't always true. You *can* overtake there (as proven by Perez and Sutil), and the track's unique characteristics provide interesting strategic variations- just that we didn't get to see them this year because of the safety car. Also, I'd argue that there are other equally boring races on the calendar that either provide little overtaking or moves solely facilitated by DRS - which if you ask me is little better.

I am a fan of his. sensible in what way? lol what a welcome

yes hungary is the same, these tracks are just too tight and narrow for good racing, i'd have to say that perez and sutil did push hard and overtake but look what happened to them, both crashed out. Drs can turn a boring race into an exciting race, look what it done at Bahrain, the most exciting race of the year , if there was no drs rosberg would never have got close enough to overtake! I do agree that sometimes it makes it too easy but they are getting to grips with it now.

yugin96 said:
Wow, that's... some username, and a profile image that screams 'Vettel( )fan' to boot. We get a wide spectrum of them of this forum; hopefully you're at the sensible end :P Re: Monaco being processional, while I do agree with your comment, it isn't always true. You *can* overtake there (as proven by Perez and Sutil), and the track's unique characteristics provide interesting strategic variations- just that we didn't get to see them this year because of the safety car. Also, I'd argue that there are other equally boring races on the calendar that either provide little overtaking or moves solely facilitated by DRS - which if you ask me is little better.

yes hungary is the same, these tracks are just too tight and narrow for good racing, i'd have to say that perez and sutil did push hard and overtake but look what happened to them, both crashed out. Drs can turn a boring race into an exciting race, look what it done at Bahrain, the most exciting race of the year , if there was no drs rosberg would never have got close enough to overtake! I do agree that sometimes it makes it too easy but they are getting to grips with it now.

Some people are able to judge Vettel's successes better than others.

Perez's moves were actually quite good, just that he took it way too far with Raikkonen. That last move was wilder and later than any of those before, and proves that Perez had skill and bravery but a lack of restraint. As for Sutil, he crashed out because he wasn't paying enough attention to the bumpy track-nothing to do with his overtaking; there wasn't even anyone around him.

As for DRS in Bahrain, yes that was one of its better implementations in recent times. But what about tracks like Korea and India (which admittedly is gone now)? Those races are boring as hell and I'd take the uniqueness of the Monaco circuit over them any day. Singapore is another one- there's hardly any overtaking and the track's full of 90 degree turns. Horrendous.

yugin96 said:
yugin96 said:

Some people are able to judge Vettel's successes better than others.

Perez's moves were actually quite good, just that he took it way too far with Raikkonen. That last move was wilder and later than any of those before, and proves that Perez had skill and bravery but a lack of restraint. As for Sutil, he crashed out because he wasn't paying enough attention to the bumpy track-nothing to do with his overtaking; there wasn't even anyone around him.

As for DRS in Bahrain, yes that was one of its better implementations in recent times. But what about tracks like Korea and India (which admittedly is gone now)? Those races are boring as hell and I'd take the uniqueness of the Monaco circuit over them any day. Singapore is another one- there's hardly any overtaking and the track's full of 90 degree turns. Horrendous.

most would judge him on his success but never mind. i think he is great and could end up being the greatest only time will tell.

think both those tracks are gone so you will be delighted lol Singapore still gives us some overtaking as the tracks so wide and also under the lights it looks awesome, imo its the jewel in the F1 crown nowadays.

Ahh sorry about that apparently he changed it on his own.. :P Maybe @justbiglee could tell us if someone is allowed to do that?

8-X Som VESCATCHA a môžem robiť, čo chcem!  ak môžete to preložiť, potom ste moja rovná???

chvála byť anonymné

mike96 said:
Ahh sorry about that apparently he changed it on his own.. :P Maybe @justbiglee could tell us if someone is allowed to do that?
I don't think its in the rules but I'd rather if people didn't. I've sorted it now anyways, you may continue about your buisness.

VetteIfan said:
Half decent race. Annoyed Vettel retired, as at least 3rd would've been a near certainty after his great start, but whatever. 6 mechanical issues for the RB and Vettel has encountered all 6 of them, I get the feeling something just isn't meant to be this year.

On the upside, Hamilton was hilarious today. I thought he'd turned a corner after last year but after seeing today if that's all it's going to take for him to lose his head this year perhaps Rosberg has a better chance at this title than even I thought. Mega job from Bianchi as has been mentioned, bad luck once again for JEV and Raikkonen. 
The difference to the Lewis from 2011 is that he finished the race in 2nd, so he got the maximum out of the race. For most of the race he was right behind Rosberg and seemed at least as quick as him. The only reason he won this race, was because he cheated in qualifying. He got away with it now, he won't get away with it anymore.

So keep your premature joy to yourself. Otherwise I'll be the first one to rub it into your face if Lewis wins this WDC.
No he didn't , if he cheated , he would have been penalised , and he wasn't.

Yeah, and OJ Simpson didn't kill his wife because he was acquitted, right?

Flawed and naive logic you have. Sorry.

VetteIfan said:
Half decent race. Annoyed Vettel retired, as at least 3rd would've been a near certainty after his great start, but whatever. 6 mechanical issues for the RB and Vettel has encountered all 6 of them, I get the feeling something just isn't meant to be this year.

On the upside, Hamilton was hilarious today. I thought he'd turned a corner after last year but after seeing today if that's all it's going to take for him to lose his head this year perhaps Rosberg has a better chance at this title than even I thought. Mega job from Bianchi as has been mentioned, bad luck once again for JEV and Raikkonen. 
The difference to the Lewis from 2011 is that he finished the race in 2nd, so he got the maximum out of the race. For most of the race he was right behind Rosberg and seemed at least as quick as him. The only reason he won this race, was because he cheated in qualifying. He got away with it now, he won't get away with it anymore.

So keep your premature joy to yourself. Otherwise I'll be the first one to rub it into your face if Lewis wins this WDC.
No he didn't , if he cheated , he would have been penalised , and he wasn't.
Right, just as O. J. Simpson didn't kill his wife because he was acquitted, eh?

Sorry, but your logic is flawed and you sound very naive.

I've tried rubbing Vettels current form in with @Vettelfan before @GoldenColt, it doesn't work :p
Of course it does, he's just making sure not to show it to us. Which btw is what I would do aswell, if I was in his situation. ;)

The fact that he's bringing up the past (4 WDC) is an indication for that. Nothing to bring up from the present, so bask in things from the past. :P
At least he can remember the last world championship Vettel won.  I can barely remember a thing that happened in 2006  :(

Yeah but that's coz you're getting old man. ;) :P

I've tried rubbing Vettels current form in with @Vettelfan before @GoldenColt, it doesn't work :p
Of course it does, he's just making sure not to show it to us. Which btw is what I would do aswell, if I was in his situation. ;)

The fact that he's bringing up the past (4 WDC) is an indication for that. Nothing to bring up from the present, so bask in things from the past. :P
At least he can remember the last world championship Vettel won.  I can barely remember a thing that happened in 2006  :(

Yeah but that's coz you're getting old man. ;) :P

I don't know why Hamilton just didn't ease of a lil, show the stewards he had and blasted the rest of the lap the pole would be his, I think he makes bad decisions sometimes when under pressure, in the past we have seen drivers pass the yellow giving a wave to the stewards to acknowledge the yellow flag and ease off a tenth, hakkinen jumps to mind im sure he done that a few times, as did Schumacher on more than 1 occasion  though I might be thinking they done that in qualli  but might have been in the race.

on another not the yellows shouldn't be applied for the whole sector only the section of the sector the incident is.

BORING?!?  Who ever said that can't be much of a driver!  Monaco is the only true street track left in Grand prix!  It's by far the hardest track to get around no matter the weather...with the only thing rain adds being slower times and less finishers!  It's also the hardest track on the cars themselves with more and harder braking, more shifting, and greater wear on the suspensions!  Even with Mercedes all up front the entire race it wasn't boring at all!  Besides...who doesn't like looking at all the beautiful girls and expensive yachts!