Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2014

He was correcting by going left-right left-right left-right? Has to be the weirdest correction I've seen! ;) 
I'm not saying he did or didn't cheat, I just find his steering inputs a bit 'odd'. If he'd locked up then why the need to turn at all? Surely keeping the car in a straight line will slow it down quicker... And his decision to reverse back to the circuit whilst knowing there were still cars behind on fast laps to have been a stupid one.

I agree with what yugin said. When I saw it live on board I definitely did not think he did it on purpose. He looked like he was really pushing and was in 2 minds about whether to try and make the corner or not. 

Too many people are jumping to conclusions. I'm not saying he didn't do it on purpose but there are a lot of factors people aren't taking into account.

When Schumi did it , even I could see he did it on purpose. I truly believe Nico didn't do this on purpose though.

If he'd locked up then why the need to turn at all? Surely keeping the car in a straight line will slow it down quicker... And his decision to reverse back to the circuit whilst knowing there were still cars behind on fast laps to have been a stupid one.
<end quote>

Yes, but he would still have been trying to make the corner even after the lockup. You can try that at that particular corner because the turn is quite long and you can still bring the car back in line if you haven't braked
that late.

As for reversing back onto the circuit... yeah, that one I don't get. Surely though he couldn't have been trying to cause a yellow flag there, or he'd have stopped the car a lot earlier in the first place.

He was correcting by going left-right left-right left-right? Has to be the weirdest correction I've seen! ;) 
I'm not saying he did or didn't cheat, I just find his steering inputs a bit 'odd'. If he'd locked up then why the need to turn at all? Surely keeping the car in a straight line will slow it down quicker... And his decision to reverse back to the circuit whilst knowing there were still cars behind on fast laps to have been a stupid one.
Yeah! I do it on iRacing all the time when I'm too late in the corner and either the track is bumpy (a-la Monaco!) or my brake bias is too far back. Hit the pedal and the rear goes light and starts to wobble.

Can't comment on the reversing, obviously we don't know all the facts about that, when did he reverse? Was he told the track was clear? Certainly a few question marks. The initial accident though definitely just looked like some unstable braking to me.

To add to all the comments already made on the braking. if Rosberg really wanted to cheat he would've placed lightly in to the wall, perhaps just knocking the front wing off. He wouldn't have taken that far down the escape road.

Britpoint said:
Yeah! I do it on iRacing all the time when I'm too late in the corner and either the track is bumpy (a-la Monaco!) or my brake bias is too far back. Hit the pedal and the rear goes light and starts to wobble.

Can't comment on the reversing, obviously we don't know all the facts about that, when did he reverse? Was he told the track was clear? Certainly a few question marks. The initial accident though definitely just looked like some unstable braking to me.
I don't really know why he reversed either , because he was only putting other people in danger , but he didn't do it to cheat , because the yellow flags would have stayed out if he had just parked it there and got out.

VetteIfan said:
To add to all the comments already made on the braking. if Rosberg really wanted to cheat he would've placed lightly in to the wall, perhaps just knocking the front wing off. He wouldn't have taken that far down the escape road.
I knew you would come up with a pathetic excuse.

Same goes for Michael btw. I guess you didn't come up with that back in 2006, right?

You always get yellow flags even in the run off. With all this talk about Rosberg being uber clever, now those people believe Rosberg wouldn't of been clever enough to know the obvious result of the outcome from him going into the run off. Plus, why would he want to damage his car?

Same goes for Michael btw. I guess you didn't come up with that back in 2006, right?
Calm down, just my take on it. 

Not that Schumacher's action is even comparable to this in any way in terms of what happened. Schumacher parked his car, Rosberg lot control of it under a notoriously difficult braking zone at a place many people have gone off before. 

Celebrated like a idiot afterwards as well, clearly trying to upset Hamilton somehow, to be honest that's not difficult to do. 

You always get yellow flags even in the run off. With all this talk about Rosberg being uber clever, now those people believe Rosberg wouldn't of been clever enough to know the obvious.
No one's disputing that, but what do you suggest he did, then? It was either the run off or the barriers for him. 

Celebrated like a idiot afterwards as well, clearly trying to upset Hamilton somehow, to be honest that's not difficult to do. 

He did beat Hamilton fair and square in the first run. Wasn't
completely unwarranted.

yugin96 said:
You always get yellow flags even in the run off. With all this talk about Rosberg being uber clever, now those people believe Rosberg wouldn't of been clever enough to know the obvious.
No one's disputing that, but what do you suggest he did, then? It was either the run off or the barriers for him. 
Or just take the corner like everyone else lol.

VetteIfan said:

Calm down, just my take on it. 

Not that Schumacher's action is even comparable to this in any way in terms of what happened. Schumacher parked his car, Rosberg lot control of it under a notoriously difficult braking zone at a place many people have gone off before. 
Notoriously difficult braking zone? I didn't see him having problems there the whole weekend, but with his temperatures being as perfect as they can be in the dying moments of Q3 it "happened". How comfortable.

He knew there would be yellow flags, he knew Lewis was still behind him. Look for as many excuses as you want, he did it on purpose, end of the story. And the celebration afterwards was just a disgrace.

But, Karma is a bitch and this is going to come back at him sooner or later. Maybe not in Monaco, but it will come back for sure.

Notoriously difficult braking zone? I didn't see him having problems there the whole weekend, but with his temperatures being as perfect as they can be in the dying moments of Q3 it "happened". How comfortable.

He knew there would be yellow flags, he knew Lewis was still behind him. Look for as many excuses as you want, he did it on purpose, end of the story. And the celebration afterwards was just a disgrace.

But, Karma is a bitch and this is going to come back at him sooner or later. Maybe not in Monaco, but it will come back for sure.
Yes, but "the whole weekend" he wasn't on the one lap that he needed to push hardest on out of any. 

And I don't see any problem with the celebration. "It's just mind games, what's wrong with that?" 
;)

yugin96 said:

He did beat Hamilton fair and square in the first run. Wasn't
completely unwarranted.
--------------------------------
And he deliberately sabotaged his teammates 2nd run to have an advantage. How is this type of joy warranted under these circumstances? Ow yeah, if he's a disgraceful and pathetic human being with no self-respect.

Hmm... I'm not convinced about Rosberg's honesty like... to me it's too much of a coincidence that he managed to make a mistake that stops Hamilton improving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFrBP2rfyw

I think Nico will get punished for reversing back onto the track. That was just as dodgy as his mistake. There's no defence for that.

VetteIfan said:

Yes, but "the whole weekend" he wasn't on the one lap that he needed to push hardest on out of any. 

And I don't see any problem with the celebration. "It's just mind games, what's wrong with that?" 
;)

The difference is that Lewis is playing mindgames after beating Rosberg fair and square, not after cheating you know.

The difference is that Lewis is playing mindgames after beating Rosberg fair and square, not after cheating you know.
Cheating clearly as a matter of perspective. 

The way I would analyse the onboard footage is:

0:27: Swerves back left after avoiding the bump, then counter steers right to stop the rear from sliding 
0:28: Off line- he can't turn left to get back to the racing line because that upsets the car under braking
0:29: Continues making small corrections because the rear is still around
0:30: Tries to turn into the corner
0:31: Realises he's going too fast, so jams on the brakes and locks up while turning the wheel straight to keep it out of the barriers

The wheel straight? It looked like a lumberjack on speed the way he sawed that wheel. If that's what you consider straight then you're a bit wonky :p