Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2014

Cue OTT celebrations from Tossberg to rub it in Hamiltons face.
Expect OTT moaning from Hamilcri
Don't get Hamilton's whining at the team not calling him in sooner after Sutil crashed. Surely if they'd thought of it, they'd have called Rosberg in too?

So did Bianci get a penalty? The NBC sports commentators were all talking like he got a drive through but never served it, they keep saying that he'll be severely punished for it. But I never saw Bianci get the penalty

So did Bianci get a penalty? The NBC sports commentators were all talking like he got a drive through but never served it, they keep saying that he'll be severely punished for it. But I never saw Bianci get the penalty
He got it. I saw it on the F1 Live Timing app.

5 seconds added on? Track position is everything in Monaco, that's not fair.

Is it that Benedict Cumberbatch guy doing the interviews again? Oh well, at least it's not Bieber.

Sky team kept saying the 5 seconds would be added to his finishing time, meaning he ends up 9th.
Jules getting points made a terrible race from my support perspective into a good one. I don't even remember Bottas existing

yugin96 said:
He got it. I saw it on the F1 Live Timing app.

Thanks!

Still wondering why we haven't seen anything of the Raikkonen-Marussia incident.

Sky: "Don't you think communication with your friends is important to mend bridges?"

LH: "He's not my friend. He's my colleague."

Sky: "But does the fact that you've known each other for so long not count for something?"

LH: (Long pause) "... Maybe."

Delighted for Jules  , and Ricciardo is growing on me race by race. He's definitely proving himself , well done. :-bd

Half decent race. Annoyed Vettel retired, as at least 3rd would've been a near certainty after his great start, but whatever. 6 mechanical issues for the RB and Vettel has encountered all 6 of them, I get the feeling something just isn't meant to be this year.

On the upside, Hamilton was hilarious today. I thought he'd turned a corner after last year but after seeing today if that's all it's going to take for him to lose his head this year perhaps Rosberg has a better chance at this title than even I thought. Mega job from Bianchi as has been mentioned, bad luck once again for JEV and Raikkonen. 

I don't see how Hamilton 'lost his head'. He was within a second of Rosberg for the majority of the race, could have indeed jumped him if the team had called him in a lap earlier, and only lost time because he had something in his eye. 
No losing of the head involved in any of that.

Also, I laughed at Vettel's problems :p

VetteIfan said:
Half decent race. Annoyed Vettel retired, as at least 3rd would've been a near certainty after his great start, but whatever. 6 mechanical issues for the RB and Vettel has encountered all 6 of them, I get the feeling something just isn't meant to be this year.

On the upside, Hamilton was hilarious today. I thought he'd turned a corner after last year but after seeing today if that's all it's going to take for him to lose his head this year perhaps Rosberg has a better chance at this title than even I thought. Mega job from Bianchi as has been mentioned, bad luck once again for JEV and Raikkonen. 
Karma's a bitch. He's retired like twice in the last 3 years. Your lucky he's getting the bad luck when he doesn't have a chance at winning the WDC.

Love how Vettel had to cool himself after almost throwing his toys out of the pram. 

The fanboy wars are really getting old.  

Grow up
We're all friends here discussing the race. No fanboy wars and the only person thinking that is you.

I respect Vettelfan a huge amount, he posts sensibly and is always willing to accept other peoples points of view. I was challenging his view on Hamilton and throwing in a cheeky dig, and I'm pretty sure he knows that it isn't a fanboy war.